• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Their passports have been seized, they're being monitored by GPS and a third party and can't go anywhere but court. It was an agreement with the prosecutors and not a judgement from the court.

Yeah I can't imagine they would let them out on bail without GPS tracking and forfeiture of passports/etc.
Kinda crazy though. 1 million bail honestly seems like a low-ball considering they were just with the presidents lawyer the day before fleeing.

And honestly, i'd prefer they kept them in jail.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barr was also at SDNY today. I'm guessing he got involved somehow seeing how he's controlling the SDNY to interfere in Mahattan's tax case against Trump

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can't imagine they would let them out on bail without GPS tracking and forfeiture of passports/etc.
Kinda crazy though. 1 million bail honestly seems like a low-ball considering they were just with the presidents lawyer the day before fleeing.

And honestly, i'd prefer they kept them in jail.
The could have spilled the beans already and prosecutors have it on tape or something

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the bail. They'll be followed at all times by two different groups. Take the money, cause they ain't going anywhere anyway.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
The monitoring makes sense I guess, and maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but I really don't like the sound of letting them out on bail. I'm not going to be stunned if they either "disappear" or conveniently wind up "committing suicide."

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
People thinking they will just vanish must not remember that Paul Manafort was on similar releases and didn't vanish.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017

latest

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Manafort didnt have direct ties to Russia and the russian mob. They will either flee or wind up dead by "suicide"

The man helped prop up and get elected a pro-Russian candidate in Ukraine and was passing off internal polling data to people with ties to Russian leadership while Trump campaign manager.

He absolutely has direct ties to Russia. The man even owed tons of money to Deripaska if I'm not mistaken.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People thinking they will just vanish must not remember that Paul Manafort was on similar releases and didn't vanish.
Yep. In fact, because he was allowed house arrest they were able to catch him committing additional crimes on his computer. Man, Manafort must have been damned desperate to be that stupid.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These women are going to be one to bring Trump down, I can taste it. They are far less likely to go along with Trumps corruption buddies.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Considering he kept committing crimes, I'm guessing they thought they could get away with a whole lot more than they did during that time. Who knows what the calculation now is. Personally, I assume they'll be fine. When Trump gets out of office? I'm legit worried something happens to him and people try to put the whole investigation behind us.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly Trump is going to let Sondland testify after all.

Why it matters: One source familiar with the rescheduling tells Axios that after the State Department pulled the plug on Sondland's testimony, Republicans close to Trump encouraged the president to let the ambassador come before the committees. Trump's allies believe Sondland's testimony will be helpful to their side.
  • "Republicans are looking for any silver lining they can get," the source said. "Sondland could be a silver lining ... He donated $1 million to Trump's inaugural. He's a Trump guy. Whereas [former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie] Yovanovitch is a career person."
Good luck!

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly Trump is going to let Sondland testify after all.

Good luck!

It almost feels like the Republicans really had no idea this was coming. That's such a panic/reactionary decision, to keep a guy from testifying, only to realize that the person that would testify instead would be worse, so you quickly initiate "take backsies" with the desperate hope that at least your guy is loyal and *might* help steer the narrative better than someone that's just going to unleash straight fire.

It really shows that most of these people are running around in headless chicken mode and had ZERO contingency for anything like this happening.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Trump's allies believe Sondland's testimony will be helpful to their side "

Are they really going the Jym Jordyn route and claiming that reply to Taylor that came 5 hours after being asked "is this a quid pro quo?" is all the proof they need?

LOL.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
"Trump's allies believe Sondland's testimony will be helpful to their side "

Are they really going the Jym Jordyn route and claiming that reply to Taylor that came 5 hours after being asked "is this a quid pro quo?" is all the proof they need?

LOL.

I mean, duh! It's right there in his text message! The president said no quid pro quo!

Even though, suspending disbelief for now and assuming there *was* no quid pro quo, that's not what even caught the whistleblower's attention. It was asking a foreign power to investigate a political rival, which is also illegal.