• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Since WSJ doesn't appear to be backing down from this report or their prior one. And it seems quite further along than just concepts since supply is actually being created...

Expecting an announcement by July with a release no more than a month or so later.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly want a more portable Switch over a Pro. Need something to easily use while standing on a swaying train.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
If production has started they will want to ship them soon. You don't want to hold stock as that is expensive. Depending on the production capacity I expect this to be revealed in the coming weeks with a september release. Anything beyond that would be costly.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna buy a Switch Pro by the time Pokemon releases, I have a dim hope for it to be available then.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I can't wait to see what these are. I sold my OG Switch a few months ago in anticipation of upgrading, hope we don't have to wait much longer to see the new models.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
If production has started they will want to ship them soon. You don't want to hold stock as that is expensive. Depending on the production capacity I expect this to be revealed in the coming weeks with a september release. Anything beyond that would be costly.
I expect the time between announcement to availability in store to be much shorter. Otherwise it'll leave a big chunk of time where people are just holding off purchase.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
If production already started like they are claiming we will likely see leaks of the design soon.
Unless they announce the revision themselves like in a week or two.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
If the Lite model has started production this month what sort of timescale are we looking at? 4 months to get enough stock and ship worldwide?

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
I need to re-buy a switch (sold mine when I moved back to Italy from the US) before Pokemon comes out...hope they'll announce it before November

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about a Switch Pro. Give me an actual handheld Switch, please. Smaller form-factor, non-dettachable controllers, no rumble, no TV out. A simple, traditional handheld, please.

Nov 4, 2017
Where exactly in SEA? Philippines? Singapore? Indonesia?
If I had to put money on it, I'd say Malaysia. There's already some tech manufacturing there. Thailand would also be a likely candidate as I believe there has been a lot of outside investment in manufacturing there. I'd rule out Taiwan (is that even part of SEA? I thought it would be East Asia), as it forces the US to make a very public and practical confirmation of their stance on Taiwan being part of China (or not).

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
I think the Pro is the next standard model, they might not even label it as "Pro". They'll probably just have a standard model and cheap option. Current model would be discontinued.
If that's the case then the wouldn't talk about beffed up. There's no way they are going to stop producing a console of 2 years of age and force everyone to upgrade or downgrade.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
So basically we talking about New Switch and 2DS Switch type of revisions if compared them to 3DS ones.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say it again, but i doubt you get a portable Switch without the TV-out. The package likely won't include the dock, but there's no way that Nintendo removes the main gimmick of it's console for the portable entry.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
I still dont have a Switch so at this point, it is just better to wait for new upgraded model.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If that's the case then the wouldn't talk about beffed up. There's no way they are going to stop producing a console of 2 years of age and force everyone to upgrade or downgrade.
They did with the 3DS.

And it's a good strategy to force a soft-generation model, and to keep the perceived value of the system up. Essentially, when you buy a full-fat Switch you know you are always buying a premium device.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Hold up.

I might be stretching here.

Those that saw the Treehouse segment for Luigi's Mansion 3 saw how beautiful that game was.

Maybe is has no specific release date because they want the game to coincide with the release of the Switch Pro?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
When production starts how long is it usually until release on average

Depends on how much stock you want to have for release and when production fully started ... but in general you don't want to sit on retail ready stuff for a long time. That's losing money.

Guess: Announcement during the summer months, release during fall, ideally prior to Pokemon.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Hold up.

I might be stretching here.

Those that saw the Treehouse segment for Luigi's Mansion 3 saw how beautiful that game was.

Maybe is has no specific release date because they want the game to coincide with the release of the Switch Pro?
I really doubt they brought a Switch Pro onstage and no one noticed. That's running on a regular Switch.