• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Why would they announce new models so soon especially with the new DQ11s bundle coming out in Japan on September 27th?

I imagine the announcement of new hardware will be after September but before Pokémon

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
If production is about to start we should expect an announcement this summer and a release around September.

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First image of the mini leaked.
nintendo_nx_fake.0.0.jpg

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Yesterday after the direct when they were showing off Animal Crossing, I turned to my lady who was deep in work related thoughts and said ''babas, when the switch pro drops, you can have OG switch to play animal crossing!'' Her immediate look of annoyance quickly became a resounding YAAAY!! But then I remembered that Pro wouldn't be dropping till next year. Guess I don't have a problem now lol

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get the reasoning behind not announcing this a E3. They want the focus on the games only ? That's the only thing I can think of.
probably because they don't want to leave a massive gap between announcement and launch. Eg if it's launching in October, why announce now and get people to hold off purchase?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If they're only starting production, reveal (and thefore release) aren't really close at all. Though I guess it may just be the wording in the article.

To be fair the article does not even imply that they just started production. Only that production has already begun. We're not given any idea of when it began.

I thought the rumored Pro version would be delayed until next year with the more portable one being the focus for this year?

No one ever said this. Nikkei reported that the next gen Switch would not come any time soon, and some people confused that for the pro.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
September seems like a really obvious landing spot for a release date given their schedule of games. Release it alongside Link's Awakening on 9/20.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wouldn't mind if they went with 3 level set up with 100$ difference between each

200$
300$
400$

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
SKU's can be anything though. Personally I would rather see a Switch with improved battery-life and storage capacity, than a "Pro" model. Save the performance for a Switch 2.

Nov 4, 2017
Summer ends on 23rd September. It's the 12th of June today. There's three whole months between now and summer.
You'll have to explain this to me. Do yanks not just use the June - August calendar months for Summer like normal countries in the northern hemisphere? I get that the Autumnal equinox usually falls on the 23rd of September, but assumed a financial news publication would use calendar seasons rather than carving the year up astronomically.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Launch Pro model with the Switcher 3 and mini model with Pokémon SW/SH. Commence the money printing.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You'll have to explain this to me. Do yanks not just use the June - August calendar months for Summer like normal countries in the northern hemisphere? I get that the Autumnal equinox usually falls on the 23rd of September, but assumed a financial news publication would use calendar seasons rather than carving the year up astronomically.
I'm not a Yank. Summer ends on the 23rd of September, officially.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
We won't have a PRO. We'll have more like the XBOX one S or PS Slim. Minor improvements to replace the current model and the mini version, like 2dswas to 3ds. We already know that so don't get your hopes up.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
If Pro is delayed to 2020 it will be early 2020 as they won't be producing it now

That said with a game like the Witcher 3 they have the perfect game to launch PRo with and that port has an undefined launch date.

I can see the lite launching earlier in the year and Pro later

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I can see one launching in September and one launching around the holidays. Not sure which for which month, the lite around the holidays might make more sense.

If Pro is delayed to 2020 it will be early 2020 as they won't be producing it now

That said with a game like the Witcher 3 they have the perfect game to launch PRo with and that port has an undefined launch date.

Nobody has said it's delayed to 2020 though.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

If Apple's production timelines for their new iPhones are anything to go by, the timeline from the start of production to release is usually 2-3 months.

If Nintendo has already started production on two new models, we could be looking at release dates by September.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Don't know if I should jump and buy a Switch or wait until they reveal these new revisions (if they are real)

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Any guess when this new switches will be coming out?

I really want to get one now but I'm pretty sure I'll regret it once the Pro is out lol

My guess is that the cheaper variant is meant for the more casual market - for people who used to get a Nintendo handheld for titles such as Pokemon and Animal Crossing. With this in mind, I believe the cheaper variant then has to be announced and released in time for Pokemon Sword & Shield. As for the "Pro" version - who knows?

Last edited:

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting mild update and a more portable version. At most we'll see a better screen, and die shrink with a bit better performance and battery life. I'm fine waiting a bit for that.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I think it's interessting that WSJ is releasing another "new" switch story everytime Nintendo might have a good chance of selling harware units (think Christmas and E3).
That's a good way of stopping people on the fence buying one.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Even if we use the meteorological summer it's still more than 2 months until August, 31 so no matter which method you pick there is still enough time left.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In for another 300+ pages of baseless speculation. Even if the reveal is not so close, a leak is way more likely now. Thanks Trump.

Still hoping the reveal happens before this month ends, however.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If they're only starting production, reveal (and thefore release) aren't really close at all. Though I guess it may just be the wording in the article.
You don't start mass production of a product you don't intend to sell 3 or 4 months later at the most. If these are being built and boxed now, its gonna be a month at most before the announcement to prevent any leaks from the factories to start happening. If this article speaks the truth, its likely we will see an end of june/beginning of July announcement.

Mameshiba

Oct 28, 2017

I have never seen or heard anyone use the astronomical seasons in a business environment either, only the meteorological one (i.e. your June-August summer) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Wonder *if* there's a Pro version if that recent BotW2 reveal was running on that.

EDIT: Although they did plenty of early bullshots with BotW in the years leading up to its release so I guess I shouldn't put too much thought into it. Just thought the BotW2 reveal had some better than previous lighting it seemed.

BOTW2 May also look better because Nintendo isn't dealing with a Wii U release. Maybe they are using the Switch specs better?