• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
Tencent making games for Switch with Nintendo IP sounds interesting, especially as they say "working with Nintendo engineers" sounds like what Nintendo already does with other companies that make games for them.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Tencent: Alright Nintendo, give us some great IP to work with. How about Mario the plumber?

Nintendo: How about you remake a couple of Zelda games? Here have The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon *snickers*

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
How much less could turn they care? Do they care a lot or a little? I'm confused.
Little to none, it's not the market they are going for which is fine. Nintendo clearly is with games like RingFit and really a good portion of their releases.

Sony and Microsoft had explored expanded audiences with Kinect and Move, but have reverted back to the core business.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Tencent probably looks at how Nintendo doesn't maximize profit of their franchises by dumping micro transactions. Mario Odyssey with all the free costumes is like blasphemous.

That is true. Tencent doesn't care about anything, but dominating industries and making as much money as possible.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Tencent: We hope to create console games with Nintendo characters, and learn the essence of making console games from Nintendo engineers.

Nintendo:
0bW4QBT.gif

Yup. Tencent's just trying to steal what they can't buy. Nintendo's having none of that.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'd like to see Tencent to put games out on the Switch with their own IP. Like Foxspirit Matchmaker. Probably won't happen because its an unknown IP outside of China.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Incoming news of Tencent buying Nintendo.

But on a positive note, this is not that bad. Tencent understands internet communication and esports, this could be a good way to fix some of Nintendo's online for the better.

Last edited:

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I don't know about all of this. The fact it states they want to "learn" their secret sauce is how IP theft happens.

Why do you think many foreign companies lose out to local Chinese companies? It's rigged in their favor after they made a partnership with them and teach them only to have it being stolen from right under your nose. It makes me think that Tencent wants to purchase Nintendo's IP's.

It's very similar to Phillips CD-i & the deal that Nintendo had with Sony, & Sony tried to make Nintendo sign a contract in which would've provided Sony full control of Nintendo's IP's. I hope Nintendo doesn't fall for it.

Last edited:

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Just found this thread again due to looking up stuff about Nintendo and Tencent on here.

Nonetheless, Nintendo sees some potential to expand its audience. Outside developers said they were asked by Nintendo to make games for young women, such as romance games, a genre with passionate fans including in China.

I hope these don't exclude same-sex players.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i mean they got aki team (wwe no mercy) to make this:

www.youtube.com

Girls Mode 4 スター☆スタイリスト オープニング映像

ニンテンドー3DSGirls Mode 4 スター☆スタイリスト オープニング映像【ニンテンドー3DSの動画一覧】http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPh3p_yYrx0B__L30NTykx9djAexusemr動画に含まれる情報は公開日時点のものです。
And it's awesome, where's GM5 on the Switch Nintendo?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
i mean they got aki team (wwe no mercy) to make this:

www.youtube.com

Girls Mode 4 スター☆スタイリスト オープニング映像

ニンテンドー3DSGirls Mode 4 スター☆スタイリスト オープニング映像【ニンテンドー3DSの動画一覧】http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPh3p_yYrx0B__L30NTykx9djAexusemr動画に含まれる情報は公開日時点のものです。
The last title was 3 years ago, so it's possible they've been working on a new one.