• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
And he most likely did it on behalf of the Chinese government.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/roger-stone-admits-spreading-lies-on-infowars-11545093097

Roger Stone Admits Spreading Lies on InfoWars

Trump adviser made the admission in settling a defamation suit brought against him by an exiled Chinese businessman

As questions swirl about his credibility, former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone settled a defamation suit seeking $100 million in damages on Monday for publishing false and misleading statements on InfoWars.com, a far-right website known for promoting conspiracy theories.

The agreement requires Mr. Stone to run ads in national newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, apologizing for making defamatory statements about a Chinese businessman who is a vocal critic of Beijing. It also requires Mr. Stone to publish a retraction of the false statements on social media. Doing so exempts him from paying any of the damages.

"This threatens to bankrupt my family and destroy me financially," Mr. Stone said of the Russia probes on an InfoWars broadcast earlier this month. He asked for financial support and said his bills already exceed half a million dollars.

Earlier this month, Mr. Trump praised Mr. Stone's "guts" and credibility, tweeting that Mr. Stone wouldn't "make up lies and stories" by testifying in Mr. Mueller's probe. At the time, Mr. Stone's lawyers were already negotiating his settlement with Mr. Guo.

In an interview last month Mr. Guo claimed that Mr. Stone was paid to make the defamatory remarks about him on InfoWars. He said the payment ultimately came from a Chinese-American media tycoon named Bruno Wu, whom Mr. Guo previously accused of being a spy for the Chinese government. Mr. Wu has filed a defamation lawsuit against Mr. Guo for these and other claims.

Mr. Stone's settlement identifies Mr. Wu as "the apparent source of the information" about Mr. Guo and says it was conveyed to him by a former member of Mr. Trump's presidential campaign.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"Mr. Stone's settlement identifies Mr. Wu as "the apparent source of the information" about Mr. Guo and says it was conveyed to him by a former member of Mr. Trump's presidential campaign."

This doesn't really narrow it down lol

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bit from NBC News: Ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone admits to spreading lies online in lawsuit settlement

In Monday's settlement, a statement from Stone said he'd failed to do his own research and "improperly" relied on former Trump campaign advisor Sam Nunberg. The statement says Nunberg's alleged source was Bruno Wu, who the Journal described as a Chinese-American media tycoon whom Guo has accused of being a Chinese government spy.
"Recognizing my errors, I reached out to Mr. Guo and asked him to settle his defamation suit against me," Stone said. "Mr. Guo graciously agreed to accept my regrets and apology."

Bit from WaPo: Roger Stone admits he pushed false statements on Infowars

Guo sued Stone in federal court in Florida in March over the false claims on Infowars. The businessman fled China in 2014 and has since become a loud critic of the Chinese government, which has tried to have him arrested and returned to Beijing.
Stone accused him of breaking U.S. election law, which forbids foreign nationals from donating to political campaigns. But in Stone's new settlement, he admits that "all of these statements are not true" and claims that Nunberg fed him false information that came from Bruno Wu, a Chinese American businessman whom Guo has accused of being a Chinese spy. Wu is suing Guo for defamation over those claims, the Wall Street Journal reports. A spokesman for Wu's company did not immediately respond to a message from The Post about Stone's allegations; Wu declined to comment to the Journal.
In addition to admitting in court documents that he spread falsehoods, Stone agreed to share his statement via Facebook and Instagram and to take out ads in The Washington Post, New York Times and Wall Street Journal.
As of Monday night, Stone had not yet shared the statement with his more than 28,000 Instagram followers. (However, he directed The Washington Post to a local news story about a lie detector test he paid for that purports to show that he is telling the truth about his lack of collusion with Russia in 2016.)
He posted an advertisement for the "perfect gift for patriots": A Roger "stone," a small rock autographed by the political operative himself that he is selling for $8 each, on sale from the original $10 sticker price.
"All proceeds go to the Stone Defense Fund to help me fight Robert Mueller and the Deep State," Stone promised on Instagram.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really loving how a lot of these guys are going down in this era after seemingly getting everything they wanted. They flew too close to the sun. Careful what you wish for I guess.