• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
so Im seeing alot of videos of Antifa attacking people in Portland and shutting stuff down.

wtf is Antifa and why isnt that on the news?

Im confused lol. I assume they are protesting racist and trump people but all Ive seen is them hitting old people or a single person or so the only videos ive seen show that.

this isnt a bait thread. was truly puzzled by lack of news except edited videos.

plus I have no idea whats being protested in Portland.

edited for clarity

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because you got algorithm'd by alt right videos / news sources pretending that Antifa violently instigated attacks.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The videos you see of them 'mauling' people are usually twitter/youtube videos edited by bad faith centrist/alt-right shitheads. That's why it's not on reputable news sites generally.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
One side is fascist

The other is anti-fascist

One side is attacking everyone that isn't white/alt right/ nazi

The other side is defending themselves and others from their attacks

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Because they're not actually attacking people and the videos of them supposedly doing so are really just edits by bad faith actors and alt right nazis.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Because they're pretty non eventful. No one died.

We're at a time where any shootings with less than 4 deaths has essentially no media coverage.

Oct 28, 2017
What you're seeing is right-wing propaganda.

Antifa is not a centralized group with any explicit goal or leadership. It's when various groups of leftist organizers and counter-protesters get together to fight back against right wing extremists like the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer. Right wing news sources and fascist grifters like Andy Ngo run stories and misrepresent footage to try to paint them as a terrorist org in order to alter the narrative and build support for governmental/law enforcement action against anti-fascist protesters.

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
the real truth, going by that avatar, is that he's trying to stir up some shit to get back at Portland

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey, been a while since there was a circle for JAQing off!

My favorite was that spartan guys 20 something year old who dressed up like some a little kid so they could frame it as "Antifa attacking little girl". Got to love it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This shows how easy it is for people that don't follow politics to be easily baited by the altright.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a good microcosm on how lots of people don't source out the news they digest. Be more responsible with what you take in. Educate yourself.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Geoffrey's college thesis about why phrenology is a legitimate science was treated unfairly by his antifa professors.
vktuPLL4egnIq90dnOw0VrfoWHMVv5rl7_hvxA8cct_bzrQy7ofnJKnw95NGfZmnTzK21tGkNCH-ztI57NWY4oiN6adx_8Hlhhs3UJ5oiTbcbxnBI8zchMySfXNjOEY9jXx9iq0

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I forget the name but there's one guy responsible for a lot of these videos. There's one for instance of "Antifa attacking with a hammer". What actually happened is Nazis opened the door to their bus, swung their hammer at some anti-fascist protesters. The anti-fascists got hold of the hammer and bashed a bus window in. The edited version is the one doing the rounds.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

OP posts in the NBA Thread a decent amount. While this could be a bait thread, I don't think it is, and I don't think he's trolling. He probably some videos online and decided to post here... because why not? People posts random shit all the time, from people asking about what boxer brief's are the best to other questions about politics/life/pets/etc.

OP
OP
LanceX2

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I forget the name but there's one guy responsible for a lot of these videos. There's one for instance of "Antifa attacking with a hammer". What actually happened is Nazis opened the door to their bus, swung their hammer at some anti-fascist protesters. The anti-fascists got hold of the hammer and bashed a bus window in. The edited version is the one doing the rounds.

I saw that one. I wondered where the true story is

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
OP posts in the NBA Thread a decent amount. While this could be a bait thread, I don't think it is, and I don't think he's trolling. He probably some videos online and decided to post here... because why not? People posts random shit all the time, from people asking about what boxer brief's are the best to other questions about politics/life/pets/etc.

fair. but i just see so many concern trolling posts "just asking questions" about why antifa appear to be so bad etc. also it really doesn't take much effort to just google/search this forum to find plenty of discussion about them.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Im confused lol. I assume they are protesting racist and trump people but all Ive seen is them mauling old people or a single person or so the only videos ive seen show that.
If they attack people, they are nazi's or nazi sympathizers, don't worry about it. Some media will spin it as "look at what they did to this poor person" but it's bullshit. Largely Antifa is non-violent unless provoked, but that doesn't mean they aren't prepared.

McPaul

Banned
May 6, 2019
User banned (1 week): Drive-by trolling. History of infractions.
They're a bunch of losers, that's what they are.
antifa-member-unmasked-32335693.png

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I saw that one. I wondered where the true story is
There's another one of a "Middle aged man" being attacked alongside his "young daughter". The pair of them are known white-supremacists, the duaghter is actually in her 20s, and the pair of them have a nigh on incestuous relationship.

Or what about the "old man attacked"... yeah. he also has Nazi shit written on his clothes.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to imagine anybody here not knowing what antifa is. Especially if you're american. Must have slept under a rock during Charlottesville and its aftermath..