• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
They're a bunch of losers, that's what they are.
antifa-member-unmasked-32335693.png
If I gave this post the side-eye it deserves my eyeballs would be busting out of the back of my skull.

OP
OP
LanceX2

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
We need to remember though that just googling or watching a youtube video can take people down the wrong road.

I actually did not have any motives. I knew the videos were edited and I knew a general idea was antifa vs racists.

Im anti Trump and majority if not all of the republican party.

I live in Oklahoma and honestly did not see much TV Anchor news this weekend on Portland.

which kind of makes sense
..because im in Oklahoma

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is the right wing stuff just getting boosted or is no one else writing about it? I follow literally zero alt right shit on twitter (or anything politics for that matter) but just doing a twitter search for antifa and the first results:

F79GYxN.png

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Damn, when I clicked on this thread I thought OP was going to be an account with like 10 posts.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I honestly looked this morning. Guess I coulda searched.

but shame on me for asking.

You weren't just asking, you came in here immediately spreading misinformation that was fed to you through alt-right channels. That's how propaganda is intended to work, to be disseminated through people who cannot or choose not to inform themselves. All it would have taken is for you to do a google search, or to just search "antifa" here in Era, or to look at some of the leading news sources to get more information. You jumped straight into playing their game instead. It is actually dangerous.

I'm glad you're finding out that you're being fed lies but "just asking questions" is not the vibe your OP gives off at all. You came in here with a distinct bias.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Antifa is short for Anti First Amendment, hah, seriously that's what they're spreading now?

Oct 27, 2017
I actually did not have any motives. I knew the videos were edited and I knew a general idea was antifa vs racists.

I live in Oklahoma and honestly did not see much TV Anchor news this weekend on Portland.

..because im in Oklahoma
Its ok OP, it's very clear that you realized the videos were edited, and you were searching here for appropriate context.

Some people just saw "hey I found negative antifa videos..." and tripped over themselves to assume the worst of you, without finishing the OP.

Is the right wing stuff just getting boosted or is no one else writing about it? I follow literally zero alt right shit on twitter (or anything politics for that matter) but just doing a twitter search for antifa and the first results:
I mean, Twitter is run by alt-right sympathizer, Jack. So it wouldn't be implausible if they don't filter out misinformation to "give both sides of the story"

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I honestly looked this morning. Guess I coulda searched.

but shame on me for asking.
watch out asking questions around here.

Posts like this really make this seem like a JAQing off bait thread OP. You "just ask questions", people naturally throw out some snarky replies because that shit is super transparent, and then you play the victim, so much for the tolerant left, etc. I know you're stating that's not your goal here, which seems like gaslighting, another favorite tactic of people that post these kind of threads. So just be aware, a lot of your activity in this thread reeks of trolling, whether that's your intention or not.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a difference between US ANTIFA and European? Since the european want stateless societies (anarchy) and some part (Italy and Spain) is more focused on communism (and stateless via that).

Antifa has existed in previous forms in the US (such as Anti-Racist Action) but it's less ideologically "pure" since it only erupted recently in response to Trump. It's been a long time since thee has been a significant actively militant leftist presence in the US.

Oct 25, 2017
Antifa super soldiers infected my daughters who then cut off my head with their Antifa broadswords and they're using my decapitated head to play volleyball with lesbians /thread

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Antifa has existed in previous forms in the US (such as Anti-Racist Action) but its less ideologically "pure" since it only erupted recently in response to Trump. It's been a long time since thee has been a significant actively militant leftist presence in the US.

Hm ok, that might be it since in Sweden and Europe, antifa is seen as a extremist organisation that want anarchy.

But I can totally see the need for it in the US.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People can answer questions without throwing out snarky comments. If the dude legitimately doesn't know being a prick to him instead of answering what he's asking isn't productive for anyone involved.

Not everyone is up to date when it comes to this stuff and treating like idiots are automatically assuming they are working in bad faith is stupid. Educate people on matters, don't just immediately shit on them because they don't know something you do.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
don't know how to feel about several people thinking the person in that stupid meme is an "obvious photoshop," when they're more likely a trans dude, genderqueer or similar. people can look like that.

OP
OP
LanceX2

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Posts like this really make this seem like a JAQing off bait thread OP. You "just ask questions", people naturally throw out some snarky replies because that shit is super transparent, and then you play the victim, so much for the tolerant left, etc. I know you're stating that's not your goal here, which seems like gaslighting, another favorite tactic of people that post these kind of threads. So just be aware, a lot of your activity in this thread reeks of trolling, whether that's your intention or not.

you are reading alot into this.

I guess I was being lazy and didnt google about what I saw and I just asked here.

thats simply what it is. You can assume Im trying to do otherwise which is understandable but you do you.

maybe I just asked a lazy dumb question. I already said im anti Trump and republican party so not sure what You think Im doing.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick google shows that almost everyone, including the cops, said it was "largely uneventful"

That should explain why its not making the news. The far right organizers are literally protesting for the sake of eliciting a response. The organizer of it all said it was a success because antifa showed up and Trump saw it.

These organizations are trying to get Antifa labeled as a terrorist organization. Trump has even said he was considering it. It's very similar to how the government eventually did the same with the Black Panther Party.

I think Antifa does have an image problem but at the same time you can't let these rallies go unopposed since the far right side literally has nazi inspired chants and is essentially calling for a white ethnostate.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Antifa is a monstrous centralized highly organized terror army that has killed more people than the third and fourth world wars combined yet the liberal media continues to demonize the legitimate concerns of the ever shrinking white adult male minority who simply want to be properly represented in democracy as full citizens - instead of being oppressed and disenfranchised and literally murdered every single day, simply for the superior color of their skin.

The sooner America begins to respect the rights of and remove its Lesbian LatinXXX Trans African jackboot from the throats of terrified white males the sooner we can confront the menace to civilization posed by antifa. Even the word itself is a contraction of "Antichrist Foreva" their horrifying reverse racist chant and mantra.

Meanwhile the Organization for Humanism and Confidence Building for Young Oppressed Men or "Proud Boys" for short continues to be falsely portrayed as an instigator of violence when their entire charter is simply to show young white men that they have a voice and that they are loving, gentle people who want the best for society and just want to be heard over the resounding noise of Big Trans and the Afro-Industrial SJW Complex.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
don't know how to feel about several people thinking the person in that stupid meme is an "obvious photoshop," when they're more likely a trans dude, genderqueer or similar. people can look like that.
sorry, to clarify, i was talking about the antifa logo on the top and the hammer and sickle on the cake being shopped, not the person themselves

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Imagine supporting fascism in America, in 2019.

RIP WW2 soldiers apparently some of your grandkids are shitty nazis?
Well I mean too be fair, I imagine a lot of peoples grandfathers that fought the Nazis in WW2 are big time Trump supporters. Then again, all they do is watch Fox News where they are lied to all day so it's hard for some of them to see what's really going on.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
you are reading alot into this.

I guess I was being lazy and didnt google about what I saw and I just asked here.

thats simply what it is. You can assume Im trying to do otherwise which is understandable but you do you.

maybe I just asked a lazy dumb question. I already said im anti Trump and republican party so not sure what You think Im doing.
I'm not reading a lot into it at all. It was really transparent from the first post tbh, and now you've moved on to gaslighting.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also worth noting that the reason they wear masks is because counter protesters have been doxxed by the far right before. Happened to one of my friends.

OP
OP
LanceX2

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
A mod can close this thread. Got many good replies but mostly shit now.

My bad all for a lazy post about edited videos I saw.

I do agree I could have worded the OP differently. I did edit it some.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
They wear masks for the same reason SWAT does: their opponents would gladly dox and kill them if their identities were known.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
All you guys coming into this thread to pile on OP and accuse him of shit seriously need to fuck off. We all know how shitty Google algorithms are and how they signal boost extreme right content and OP stated right in the beginning that he knew the videos were edited. What an embarrassing thread.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not reading a lot into it at all. It was really transparent from the first post tbh, and now you've moved on to gaslighting.

While this thread has some of the trappings of bad faith JAQ posts that are common to see in alt right circles, I'm not convinced that this thread was made in bad faith. It's all about context. Actual bad faith arguments found elsewhere lead to reactions like this, and play into the alt right strategy of baiting progressives to eat their own.

Unless context shows otherwise (like if OP were clearly a low post troll or had a history of questionable JAQ behavior elsewhere), it's usually better to assume the arguments are in good faith than bad faith.

Also a good new specific thread pertaining to this weekend to see how alt right sources purposely work to villainize Antifa:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

..because im in Oklahoma
No that's not what I mean, what I was responding to was basically saying "just google it", but you never know what you're going to get when you google something. If I google "antifa" right now, the second link I get is a Fox News link, that's what I mean.
Woop woop?

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
it's extremely plausible OP got force-fed propaganda. lend a hand if you got the time, especially if you got the time to post how you don't have time because you assumed bad faith.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

F79GYxN.png

This isn't surprising. The right is in a frenzy about antifa. Meanwhile, there is little to actually talk about regarding antifa for most normal people on twitter.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Eh, no they're not.

They're only there to stand against fascism, that is not an extremist position at all. Not all antifa are anarchists, you know?

Hence my question before, if there is a difference between european and US antifa, since a base in antifa ideoligy, at least here in Sweden (and Spain and Italy at least) has been anarchy or Communism.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
All you guys coming into this thread to pile on OP and accuse him of shit seriously need to fuck off. We all know how shitty Google algorithms are and how they signal boost extreme right content and OP stated right in the beginning that he knew the videos were edited. What an embarrassing thread.

Simply google antifa gives some pretty definitive answers though. What's more embarrassing is sounding like a alt right troll.

Mothballs

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
There's another one of a "Middle aged man" being attacked alongside his "young daughter". The pair of them are known white-supremacists, the duaghter is actually in her 20s, and the pair of them have a nigh on incestuous relationship.

Or what about the "old man attacked"... yeah. he also has Nazi shit written on his clothes.

I don't understand, are you saying your choice of clothing (no matter how offensive) means you are fair game for physical attacks?