• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not white, but it seriously bugs me how people are now openly racist towards white people, especially on social media. Like, do you really think you're going to help solve racism by.... being racist yourself?

I'm just seriously tired of seeing every other post on social media being "white people ruin everything" "the whites are at it again" etc. etc. Like yes please generalize all white people. It's ridiculous

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE I AM A GAY, MIDDLE-EASTERN, 1000% ANTI-TRUMP, ANTI-CONSERVATIVE LIBERAL

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
People like to talk shit online ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As long as people tolerate it the racism will only ramp up from the white people. Also the people saying this stuff don't find it racist so there is your brick wall in the conversation. Just look at the first reply

"K"

Dismissive

Something something
Equality starts to feel like oppression.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
As a white dude, I can honestly say that "the whites are at it again" makes me laugh.

I once saw someone say that white people smell like dogs when we get wet. Or maybe it was goats. Either way, that was actually a bit hurtful.

Now I'm gonna bail before this thread gets too hot.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
its been like that for a long time and wont change (same with racism towards anyone else tbh). pretending you cant be racist to a white person or that racism towards them doesnt exist tho is dumb af.

if you wanna be racist tho dont be surprised if someone claps back.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Anyone who generalizes an entire group of people is wrong. Ignore those kinds of people and move on. Especially on social media, which breeds ignorance of all kinds

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah stuff like 'white people like unseasoned chicken' is unnecessarily mean.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Could « white people racism » a mean to show white people how racism is bad? Makes you think hmmm....

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I should keep an eye on this one, its got potential

9UI8uiX.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is why I prefer to use the term white supremacy. It's more nuanced and really attacks the power element involved here.

The social media stuff comes of more as an exasperation more than anything else. Exasperated of the lack of change and progress.

White people are still in charge in the West and look how little progress we've made. Read the statements in tones of frustration, not animus. Social media a written medium so nuance may not be easily understood.

Most minorities are not racist against whites. You guys control everything. We can't afford to. Moreover, as victims of white supremacy, we know racism doesn't really get you nowhere.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hint: There is a very specific political party who's entire identity is centered around white identity.

I'll give you a hint, it starts with a G and ends with a P

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
There are racists of every race, towards every race. Against whites is no different.

The bigger issue, IMO, is the general acceptance of racism toward white people. Folks generally flat out do not care if someone says something blatantly racist towards whites.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
This thread will be reported and closed for your denial of white genetic inferiority.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I personally think generalizing of any kind isn't good or productive, but I can't say I ever felt offended by blanket statements about white people (or men for that matter)

Can't really call it racism either since even if it technically qualifies, given how racism is a heavy topic for minorities, it's plain silly to interpet stuff like "white people are at it again", etc. to be anywhere near the same level.

Black people, for example, have to deal with on a daily basis, white folks deal with this depending on if they even see it on the internet at all.

Last edited:

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
I'm not white, but it seriously bugs me how people are now openly racist towards white people, especially on social media. Like, do you really think you're going to help solve racism by.... being racist yourself?

I'm just seriously tired of seeing every other post on social media being "white people ruin everything" "the whites are at it again" etc. etc. Like yes please generalize all white people. It's ridiculous

What's your ethnicity?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Some people believe you can't be racist against white people. Some people are stupid too.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When white people start being oppressed for the color of their skin then I might care.

Oct 25, 2017

Did a cop break into your apartment and shoot you? Do people call the police on you for being out in the open?

Then fuck yourself.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Probably because of all the open racism ramping up in general. The difference is white people typically don't have much more at stake than their feelings when they're on the receiving end of racism.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aside from the occasional nasty remark made on the internet It's not something that seems to be an actual problem. I don't see white ethnic groups being the target of discrimination by governments, institutions and systems. Sure some of the things said can be inaccurate and not helping but this isn't an actual problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.