• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
It got canceles for all, confirmed by an Amazon Rep... Amazon was informed as per now Nintendo Is not suppling any units for this. As they have already plenty received from retail... Rep gave me $10 credits for this trouble....

Last edited:

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I chatted with me and they said it is out of stock. They said once it comes back in stock I can place another order at 20% off.
This makes no sense, the game can't be out of stock as it hasn't even been manufactured yet. There is no way Amazon even knows how many copies they would be getting, it's like 6 months from release.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Mine was canceled as well. Was going to email customer service later today. Them canceling the order means I've lost the Amazon Prime discount I had on the order. It makes no sense for them to cancel it as well since plenty of other things are allowed to be preordered and the delivery dates change over time.

I had Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 preordered for over a year. It was originally put by Amazon.com until they decided to make that sku actually be Dragon Quest Builders. I have plenty of other stuff pre-ordered that is older then Daemon x Machina that is fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Mine, too. If they truly will not be selling this game at all then fine. But if I see this go back up for sale later then I am going to bitch to customer service for them weaseling out of my 20% discount.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
It already happen to me a year ago, probably they tried to contact the suplier numerous time, but they never answer. I've wrote a mail to Bandai Namco (my case) and amazon contact me again I could pre-order it again.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
There are lots of online alternatives, and they're often cheaper, at least for videogames.

In no particular order, i would check these retailers before even considering buying from amazon:
www.365games.co.uk
www.simplygames.com
www.base.com
www.thegamecollection.net

Shopto are occasionally worth a look too, but I hate the website design so I've not used it in quite a while.

Legend! Thank you and the other kind souls here for your time!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The game seems to have been pulled from every notable site except Best Buy(who will probably pull it as well).

Colossal Moo

Jan 13, 2018
Wow, Amazon seems to want to help publishers to kill off retail products. Their behavior over the last few months has been pretty annoying. Though it's not always clear who's the one to blame, Amazon or the publishers.

You are making a lot of assumptions. If I had to guess, Amazon didn't want to cancel anyone's preorder. My guess is they canceled it because either the publisher decided to stop selling games to Amazon or there is a business disputer between the publisher and Amazon.

One thing to keep in mind is Amazon used to have very low video game prices. That cannot have made publishers happy because Amazon sold a physical copy for less than a digital copy. Publishers and console makers didn't like this for the following reasons:

1) They made more money off of digital sales.
2) Digital copies cannot be resold.

So, Amazon was encouraging people to buy a version of the game which made them less money and could be resold. How happy do you think that made the console makers and the publishers?

My guess is the continuing supply issues you are seeing at Amazon (including weird pre-order issues, Amazon not selling Nintendo consoles itself, etc.) are related to Amazon's disputes with various video game industry entities. Amazon wants to pay the same wholesale prices as everyone else and then undercut companies like Gamestop, BestBuy, Walmart, etc. They console makers and publishers do not want Amazon doing this because it undercuts their own online stores and angers their other retail partners.

I could be wrong but I suspect I am at least partially right. I bet this is really about money and if I had to guess, part of the dispute is about Amazon charging "too little".

Colossal Moo

Jan 13, 2018
They want to strong arm publishers into providing them a bigger discount on stock, so they can maintain their aggressive pricing, but the bigger ones can obviously tell them to fuck off.

It could be more complicated than that. Remember, the price Amazon pays is less than the price listed on the digital stores. Also, Amazon tended to undercut a lot of other stores like Walmart, BestBuy, Gamestop, etc. This may be more about a publisher being angry about Amazon lowering its revenue by cutting into digital sales than it is about Amazon strong arming the publisher. It could also be a publisher being angry with Amazon for undercutting its other retail partners.