• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Due to a lack of availability.. they said, and the game isn't available for anyone to order any longer. Did it happen to anyone else?

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with Amazon and games lol? There's been a lot of issues recently with going out of stock and all kinds of things. Are they just moving away from it or something now that the prime bonuses are gone?

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just checked my email and had the same thing......that sucks. Amazon US btw and I pre-ordered it when it first went up.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Ayup, I was searching Reset to see if anybody else was having that issue. I think I pre- ordered it with the 20% discount, maybe that has something to do with it?

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Wow, Amazon seems to want to help publishers to kill off retail products. Their behavior over the last few months has been pretty annoying. Though it's not always clear who's the one to blame, Amazon or the publishers.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Amazon US just canceled mine. I ordered Metroid Prime 4 and a couple other games before the 20% off ended and those games went through fine.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Would be funny (well not really) if Nintendo just stopped to ship to Amazon worldwide, for Amazon France f*ckups.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Does anyone know of any good alternatives to Amazon in the UK? I buy just about every game I get from Amazon :(

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Good to know that now best buy is the only place that will reliably get me retail games.

I dont understand this quarrel amazon keeps having with publishers.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Update: It was debunked. Metroid Prime 4, slated for December 31, 2019, is still up for pre-ordering on Amazon.

----------------------
Original Post:

My theory (no proofs):

Daemon x Machina is to be released in 2019 with no exact date. Amazon cancels pre-orders if pre-orders are:
  1. Indeterminate.
  2. Exceeds 12 months (including date placeholders, like December 31, 2019).
  3. Other outside circumstances (such as backruptcy, game project cancellations, etc.).
My pre-order is also cancelled, and I'm just wracking my brains.

Last edited:

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Cancelled mine earlier as well. Kinda outta nowhere, but this is Amazon and Nintendo, sooo, yeah... I'll just get it from Best Buy, since I have GCU through the end of next year.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazon just sent an email promoting Nintendo Switch and its new releases and accessories. What's going on?

Are the fighting or not?

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of any good alternatives to Amazon in the UK? I buy just about every game I get from Amazon :(

I'm surprised you hung this long with Amazon, been nothing but a nuisance for me and my friend, never mind the other stories out there.

Simplygames and The Game Collection should do you nicely.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Same here (NA). Amazon really doesn't want me to save that whole $12. Let's see if this happens with my other preorders; like Metroid, Bayonetta 3, or Cyberpunk.

Edit: I emailed customer support about if I get the 20% still in the future. Oddly, the game doesn't even show as cancelled in my order history so I had to pick a different game to send a question. I hope that doesn't confuse them...

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know that now best buy is the only place that will reliably get me retail games.

I dont understand this quarrel amazon keeps having with publishers.
They want to strong arm publishers into providing them a bigger discount on stock, so they can maintain their aggressive pricing, but the bigger ones can obviously tell them to fuck off.

OP
OP
Flevance

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Ayup, I was searching Reset to see if anybody else was having that issue. I think I pre- ordered it with the 20% discount, maybe that has something to do with it?
That cannot be the case, I've recently got Xenoblade 2 The Golden Country for $32 even though I canceled my prime membership.. and today they charged me for Mega Man 11 and they only took $24

OP
OP
Flevance

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
My theory (no proofs):

Daemon x Machina is to be released in 2019 with no exact date. Amazon cancels pre-orders if pre-orders are:
  1. Indeterminate.
  2. Exceeds 12 months (including date placeholders, like December 31, 2019).
  3. Other outside circumstances (such as backruptcy, game project cancellations, etc.).
My pre-order is also cancelled, and I'm just wracking my brains.
Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Yoshi are all set to December 31, 2019 and they're still in the order list, that's really strange smh

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird. Amazon sent me an email saying a lot of my other last minute Prime discount preorders had gotten upgraded to release day delivery and then sent the email about Daemon getting canceled.

But it's confusing why they would only pinpoint Daemon for getting canceled and not other games with no release date confirmed.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of done with Amazon when it comes to video games at this point, for numerous reasons. Considering I've spent thousands on games from them in the past, that's saying something.

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I just got the cancellation message as well. It is quite strange as the game has been removed for pre-order. It seems that the placeholder date for Amazon was moved to December 31, 2019. This may be the reason for the cancellations.

I lost my 20% off though, which is a huge bummer. I'll purchase from my game store locally.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
I chatted with me and they said it is out of stock. They said once it comes back in stock I can place another order at 20% off.

Great, Save the chat in any case
I just got the cancellation message as well. It is quite strange as the game has been removed for pre-order. It seems that the placeholder date for Amazon was moved to December 31, 2019. This may be the reason for the cancellations.

I lost my 20% off though, which is a huge bummer. I'll purchase from my game store locally.

read above you

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY

This message had not been posted when I was doing my research. Amazon's excuse for the item being out-of-stock is clearly not true as there is no stock for this game anywhere in the world as it is not released.

If Amazon cannot secure stock for pre-orders on a game with no estimated release date within the next 6 months, when they have concrete sales numbers to be shipped on a product that is not released, may indicate that there are bigger problems.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
This message had not been posted when I was doing my research. Amazon's excuse for the item being out-of-stock is clearly not true as there is no stock for this game anywhere in the world as it is not released.

If Amazon cannot secure stock for pre-orders on a game with no estimated release date within the next 6 months, when they have concrete sales numbers to be shipped on a product that is not released, may indicate that there are bigger problems.

Yes,but try to chat with the customer service and insist to keep your discount for a future preorder

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Mine got canned too. I have a feeling it might just become an eShop game at this point. That's my guess

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

There are lots of online alternatives, and they're often cheaper, at least for videogames.

In no particular order, i would check these retailers before even considering buying from amazon:
www.365games.co.uk
www.simplygames.com
www.base.com
www.thegamecollection.net

Shopto are occasionally worth a look too, but I hate the website design so I've not used it in quite a while.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
mine was canceled too. So much for that last minute prime Discount.
Yeah, mine too.

Was gonna leave it there out of laziness had they kept it up, since it was one of the orders I put in to at least lock in the old prime discount before the deadline, but looks like Best Buy's getting my money instead now for this one since it's up there now too and I've still got my gcu a bit longer.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is a Nintendo thing. My order for "Dying Light 2 - Xbox One" was cancelled in the same manner a few weeks back.