• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That looks like the strangest combination of modern martial arts movies and the weird stuff that was coming out of China in the early 00's (lots of legends, ancient warriors, colorful [bad] CG, etc).

I'm in.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it because I love Iko but that looks stupid.
I'm with you. Love Iko but this looks crazy stupid. I also can't tell if this is going for an R type film or not. It gets pretty bloody in the latter half of the trailer. Oddly that would make it a little more appealing to me since it's Iko and all. I will say it's good to see Dacasos again though

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
I'm with you. Love Iko but this looks crazy stupid. I also can't tell if this is going for an R type film or not. It gets pretty bloody in the latter half of the trailer. Oddly that would make it a little more appealing to me since it's Iko and all. I will say it's good to see Dacasos again though
It's a show, not a movie.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mortal Kombat Conquest: Season 2 was my first thought 10 seconds into the trailer.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Called Wu Assassin. Uses a Snoop song in the trailer. Fail.

I didn't know iron chef dude still did action. I haven't seen him in anything since... Only the strong, lol.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some additional thoughts having now finished the trailer. That Snoop song was maximum cringe but I'm impressed by Iko's English.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also I'm confused. Was Iko morphing into Mark Dacascos?!

I didn't know iron chef dude still did action. I haven't seen him in anything since... Only the strong, lol.
Dude... John Wick 3! He's amazing!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is not what I expected. Looks bad. I'll give it an episode for Iko.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I guess you didn't watch Drive? You should remedy that now.
He also has the worst fight scene in John Wick 3. Maybe the one before his scene is the worst. Which is crazy because it's got Mad Dog from The Raid.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
in for iko but i wish he would be in more mainstream movies like a marvel movie or the next john wick.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, I love so much of the talent involved with this thing, but it looks fucking terrible.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I guess you didn't watch Drive? You should remedy that now.
He also has the worst fight scene in John Wick 3. Maybe the one before his scene is the worst. Which is crazy because it's got Mad Dog from The Raid.
I have seen Drive. I don't remember him being in it.
Seriously. They couldn't even get U-God or Masta Killa real fast? I'm sure their schedule is open.
Lmao. Sick burn. U-God is trash though. I'm sure they could have got a few verses from him at the Amazon Mechanical Turk rate.
smh at folks not knowing who my man Dacascos is

Literally no one in this thread has made any sort of comment indicating they don't know who he is.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
This is some late 90s straight to DVD shit mixed with maybe cable TV tier action, but hey, Iko Uwais makes shit look good.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Eh was hoping for more The Night Comes for Us/Headshot type of martial arts action. This looks pretty bad, but I'll watch it anyway. Also great to see Mark Dacascos back - he was fantastic in John Wick 3.