• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate base minimum requirement would be a 256gb card.

Not being entirely serious, but jesus christ this is getting out of hand, should be expected with third parties though.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Take Two seems to be hunkering down on 8GB cards and big downloads for the rest.

ShinkuTachi

Oct 29, 2017
Not surprised, the PS4 version clocks in at 53.25 GB. It also has the worst load times I've experience in roughly 20 years or more (on PS4), so I sold mine, lol.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Is this one more expensive as well too anyway?
Time to show publishers people don't want this kind of stuff...

Rezae

Oct 28, 2017
This shouldn't be allowed. They are making gamers subsidize the memory cost.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Is the best option for them atm. 16GB vs 8GB makes litttle difference when you have to download extra data anyway...

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that this is becoming a thing.

It was going to become a thing from the jump. There was an opportunity to offload the cost to consumers and if it fails to sell, just point the finger at Nintendo and say, see these games don't sell on your console. Although to be fair, Nintendo should have seen this coming and offered at least 128gb of built in memory.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think we already had a thread on this but it was on the other site. These things don't really bug me but I picked up a 200gb memory card at launch.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Is this one more expensive as well too anyway?
Time to show publishers people don't want this kind of stuff...

I don't think publishers take Nintendo serious enough to care what people think. I think Nintendo should just be thankful publishers even bringing games over.

We all know only first party Nintendo games sells really well on the system. EX. Mario, Splatoon and Zelda.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This shouldn't be allowed. They are making gamers subsidize the memory cost.
You're right, Nintendo should be subsidizing it. Everyone should put pressure on Nintendo to do so. Until they subsidize the prices for Pubs, or just get cheaper carts available this will continue to happen.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Don't support this garbage business model, y'all.

I won't blame anyone for buying this if they really, really want portable WWE, though.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is because of the price of cartridges right? And subsequently because presumably Take Two are trying to minimise expenditure as much as possible?

I wonder if LA Noire will be privy to the same treatment.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is because of the price of cartridges right? And subsequently because presumably Take Two are trying to minimise expenditure as much as possible?

I wonder if LA Noire will be privy to the same treatment.
Hard to say unless we know the price of the 8GB versus the higher GB carts.

This is supposed to be a horrible game and I don't really want to reward this model. I would honestly rather pay $2 more for the game to pay for the cart price.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That will have a 14GB download.

Literally just read this now. It's such a shame, it just doesn't translate well with the "easy" kind of brand or image the Switch has.

Not to mention the implications for game preservation and the like.

So for a game that's already out - like NBA - it literally will not even boot unless updated?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was going to become a thing from the jump. There was an opportunity to offload the cost to consumers and if it fails to sell, just point the finger at Nintendo and say, see these games don't sell on your console. Although to be fair, Nintendo should have seen this coming and offered at least 128gb of built in memory.

128gb on board memory would of seen the switch bomb. Would have been to expensive to sell to the consumer.

resident_UA

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LOL. This is getting more and more ridiculous. Good thing I'm not planning to ever get a multiplatform game on Switch :)

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
It really seems like games like this could be less spacious. But if they compressed things loading times would be even worse. I wonder how big the save file is.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I can't blame publishers if Nintendo won't eat the cost.

Increasing the price of the game to compensate for the more expensive cartridge vs. requiring a large download. Both will reduce sales, but I'd bet that the former would reduce sales more significantly.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no. Also WHY!? Why is it so big? It's certainly can't be the assets for the game. We've seen the footage of this game on the other systems. It does not look good. Nor does it look detailed. What is causing the game size to be so big?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
At this point the cart may as well just be a download startup code, who wants to have that much downloaded on their system but still require the cart to play the game

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
At this point the cart may as well just be a download startup code, who wants to have that much downloaded on their system but still require the cart to play the game
So you can sale, lend the game to friends? IDK. For the X86 twins, all games must be installed in the HDD even if you bought them physical. And now you see games that wont start at all without the day 1 patch, let alone the many others that released on a broken stage and need the day 1 patch to run decently.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit .. this is ridiculous. That's 2 big games within what .. the span of 2 hours ?