• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would overhaul Universe mode. It seems like they only change the roster and sets but add absolutely nothing else.

Oct 28, 2017
The gameplay is a boring reversal fest, and they're not changing the core gameplay at all? That combined with the somehow even worse than usual graphics is a recipe for disaster, if you ask me. I've been at 100% "not buying" for several months now after how boring matches were in 19 (I feel stupid looking back on that purchase), and that decision keeps getting easier to stick with. Fire Pro from here on out, unless AEW makes something decent down the line.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell from what impressions are going, they changed the reversal button to Y/Triangle and that's about it. Seems like its mostly MyCareer, 2K Originals, and Showcase that's new in 20 aside from the general part additions in the creation suite.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every year at least attempts to do something new but this year seems a legacy edition. I hope next year is better since I recall them saying something about a new engine or some shit last year. (Wont hold my breath)

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Every year at least attempts to do something new but this year seems a legacy edition. I hope next year is better since I recall them saying something about a new engine or some shit last year. (Wont hold my breath)

Honestly, I'd doubt it until the next set of consoles come out. Especially since 2K has to use Yukes old engine.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
My boy, Justin Credible, still getting work.

justin-credible-20005890-1280x0.png-e1544281144250-696x392.jpeg

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
I like the minuscule improvements they've made to Universe mode, much more improvements than 2k did with MyLeague. I'll pick this up when the deluxe goes on sale for like $20.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

They apparently hadn't started on a new engine before Yuke's quit. They were going to carry this on until next gen based on CMPulse who has links to the dev team.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like shit.

Can't wait for the streamers who break these games every year to barely have to try this time.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that The Rock from SmackDown! / 2: Know Your Role on PS1 looks better and more like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
The one from 2K20 reveal trailer? Hmm...

PLAYSTATION--WWF%20SmackDown%202%20Know%20Your%20Role_Jan11%2022_18_58.png

bb3lk6f.jpg

It might be the lighting, sure, but it is better if it's not too strong.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Almost two decades of duct-taping changes onto the same tired engine and cutting corners just to squirt out a turd.
Blame the people who keep giving them money every year. If the games weren't selling this wouldn't happen.

Will this finally be the year people smarten up? Probably not!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they fire yukes? Might be the reason why it's even more conservative than usual.

They weren't fired, they quit because 2k wouldn't give them the budget to try and make changes to modernise and improve. I think the distinction is important because it shows that 2k isn't going to exactly revolutionise the game once they get their own engine running (which apparently wasn't even started by the time Yuke's quit. They were going to take this engine into next gen)

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
They weren't fired, they quit because 2k wouldn't give them the budget to try and make changes to modernise and improve. I think the distinction is important because it shows that 2k isn't going to exactly revolutionise the game once they get their own engine running (which apparently wasn't even started by the time Yuke's quit. They were going to take this engine into next gen)
Ah, okay. Yeah, that doesn't signal good things for the future.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Wtf lol
I haven't played one since 2k14 on PS3. Considering how bad all the current gen stuff was, I actually went back to 2K13 for a new experience.

This week, thought i'd buy a new one and picked up 17 for Arn Anderson and it was £4 new. Not great at all, and considering 2K20, guess I won't be a long time if I get another one again lol

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
2007: Wow, this game looks so realistic, I wonder what kind of models we will see in 2020!

2k: *chuckles*

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they improved on crowd animation and audio. It still sounds dead except for certain entrances. Tye Dillinger for 19 had probably one of the better ones in that game.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

Video is worth watching because it shows their in-game models next to their faces, and the difference is astounding lmao

and of course adam cole won't shut up