• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
I wonder how many people in this thread saying how consistently bad these games are, have actually played one for more than an hour. I sense a lot of negative reaction band wagoners here. If you actually took the time to learn the mechanics and really dig into everything you can do, you'd see an excellent, deep and insanely fun game.
Joke post? my little brother bought a 2K WWE game. it was so bad he quit watching wrestling altogether.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Becky should have been on the cover solo, but it's better than nothing I guess. >_>

Despite watching wrestling every week, I don't really want the game, but like when D-Bry was on the cover I feel like buying it just to 'support' her.

My wife was saying it was weird she came in from above in the advert, as it's usually breaking through from below, 'making your way up' type thing.

Would have had to DBZ power crash up through the floor, that would have been cool too. XD

Becky broke the glass ceiling by being thrown from Ronda Rousey's ivory tower so it fits I guess

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Still amazed people claim no mercy is the greatest pro-wrestling game ever. KOC II took that crown away years ago.

Plus virtual pro-wrestling 2 was better than no mercy on day 1.

Then the amazing Fire Pro D that went past no mercy.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Still amazed people claim no mercy is the greatest pro-wrestling game ever. KOC II took that crown away years ago.

Saying this means you were molested as a child according to the other poster in here

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017

One wrestling game that I still like to play is Giant Gram Pro Wrestling 2 on the Sega Dreamcast. It's the only Japanese import that I ever purchased for that system. It is a well made arcade-style wrestling game featuring mostly Japanese wrestlers and three characters from the Virtua Fighter series.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.

When two of those only released in Japan is it really that shocking?

I love everything about Fire Pro except physically controlling a character in a match.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I wonder how many people in this thread saying how consistently bad these games are, have actually played one for more than an hour. I sense a lot of negative reaction band wagoners here. If you actually took the time to learn the mechanics and really dig into everything you can do, you'd see an excellent, deep and insanely fun game.
Wwe games suck because they're trying to be simulations when they should be arcade-y like the old wwf arcade games. Fire pro understands this, wwe understood it for a minute with the wwf all-stars.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Not a single mention in here of the showcase being about the four greatest wrestlers on the planet right now.

8311.jpg

Sickening.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One wrestling game that I still like to play is Giant Gram Pro Wrestling 2 on the Sega Dreamcast. It's the only Japanese import that I ever purchased for that system. It is a well made arcade-style wrestling game featuring mostly Japanese wrestlers and three characters from the Virtua Fighter series.

Used to play this all the time. Loved it and the Techhos Arcade game WWF Wrestlefest.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds that Visual Concepts are going to make it a mess like NBA 2K and Yukes makes an AEW game?

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds that Visual Concepts are going to make it a mess like NBA 2K and Yukes makes an AEW game?

Yuke's is supposedly working on a new wrestling game, taking inspiration from Here Comes The Pain. AEW (or NJPW) would be smart to jump on that. AEW seems like they are trying to work something out with AKI/Syn Sophia, though.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Yuke's is supposedly working on a new wrestling game, taking inspiration from Here Comes The Pain. AEW (or NJPW) would be smart to jump on that. AEW seems like they are trying to work something out with AKI/Syn Sophia, though.
I'd imagine it would be NJPW since Yukes used to own that company. Plus they did a Wrestle Kingdom game back on the 360. I'm hoping they can actually do some advancements on their engine since the WWE games have been so stale the past years.

However, I could also see AEW potentially wanting to do something with Yukes.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine us living in a timeline where Yukes splits from 2K, and actually makes an awesome game like HCTP again. :-/

Imp

Dec 18, 2017
Lincoln, UK
Absolutley adore 2K19, it's been in my gaming rotation since release last year, maybe I'm the niche target for these games, I dunno, but the bad rep these games get are hyperbolic IMO. Really looking forward to 2K20.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Absolutley adore 2K19, it's been in my gaming rotation since release last year, maybe I'm the niche target for these games, I dunno, but the bad rep these games get are hyperbolic IMO. Really looking forward to 2K20.
I like them too. Creation suite is phenomenal and the gameplay doesn't seem that bad to me. Been playing them for years. No Mercy will always be the best for me but that doesn't make these games bad.

Imp

Dec 18, 2017
Lincoln, UK
I like them too. Creation suite is phenomenal and the gameplay doesn't seem that bad to me. Been playing them for years. No Mercy will always be the best for me but that doesn't make these games bad.

Yeah I can spend hours in the creation suite, which for my money is one of the best creation tools in console gaming at least. The gameplay has improved and while yes they could do with improving it massively, it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. I loved No Mercy, it's always going to be hard to compare the current games compared to a classic like that.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017

It feels like an end of an era for wrestling games. It's crazy to think that Yukes have been making these games for the last 20 years. The WWE engine felt like a Frankenstein monster. You can see the decades of development in it, and their games did have a lot of incredible customization. VGCW and other derivatives are a real testament to what could be done with the creation tools. But the games still looked nasty with random bugs.

It really does look like VC will be continuing to use the engine Yukes developed. The gameplay looks unchanged in that trailer. But maybe they are developing a new engine behind the scenes?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm one trophy off a platinum in the last 3. They're real bad.

Glad this one is being released a little later since it's not as close to my birthday. I might not get it this year.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Am pretty sure 2K is trolling. The graphics seem to get worst with every year. Even comparing 2K15 to 2K20 is a huge downgrade!

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
the only problem I have with the wwe games is that they won't let you import dudes from one game to another so I have to remake all of my monstrous characters every year

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Also, that Ciampa is literally the popular CAW from last year.

Jesus wept.