• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-is-reportedly-the-most-frustrated-person-in-wwe/

Some really interesting stuff here. Also backed up by Sean Ross Sapp.

-"The most frustrated person in the back every single night is Triple H. He'll always take, especially the NXT guys, under his wing. It looks like he's consoling them. It looks so much like he was the most frustrated person in the building every single night.

– Vince wants suggestions from everyone but it never gets on TV. 99 out of 100 times you can come up with an idea for Vince and it won't be used.

– The entire creative team has pitched to have Raw and SmackDown look completely different with different production, a different way of shooting things, etc. and McMahon shoots it down.

– One writer is very close to quitting because he is so "unbelievably unhappy" and many of the writers are paranoid and think they are close to being fired.

– "It's such a toxic atmosphere and it's all because of one person.

There's a lot more at the link. It's disheartening but also kinda...nice in a way? Probably a bad choice of words but it shows that people in the company still give a damn about it all. They just have such a huge roadblock to get over in Vince. Even goes onto mention that Shane and Stephanie can't get through to him.

Anyways, sorry about any formatting issues. Wrote this on my break and not used to making such a big thread on mobile. I'll try and remember to update it when I get home.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Was watching the Cultoholic video on the same piece just an hour or so ago.

Safe to say the fans are frustrated too owing to the sharp decline in ratings week over week.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
So are the viewers.

I grew up watching this stuff, love listening to shoots n shit, but it is such bad television n booking. I tried to stick it out for the wrestling alone, because the talent can put up stellar matches, but it lacks any of what made that type of stuff special.

I can't even keep the wwe sub, refuse to give that company 10 bucks a month just for them to never do anything fun n cool with the stuff they have.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
So are the viewers.

I grew up watching this stuff, love listening to shoots n shit, but it is such bad television n booking. I tried to stick it out for the wrestling alone, because the talent can put up stellar matches, but it lacks any of what made that type of stuff special.

I can't even keep the wwe sub, refuse to give that company 10 bucks a month just for them to never do anything fun n cool with the stuff they have.

So you're going to ditch the WWE Network because the television is bad?

Said television which is not a selling point of the network?

That'll show them.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
AEW is basically arriving at the perfect time it sounds like. Hopefully competition makes Vince realize things have stagnated.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does this really surprise anyone? I got back into wrestling awhile ago due to the amount of pure talent they have gathered but quit watching again due to frustration with them wasting that same talent to chase the same trends and gimmicks they have since the eighties and nineties, ie, the same things they have always done because Vince is in control and is an old dog refusing to learn new tricks. I'm really waiting for him to either honestly retire or get pushed out and Stephanie and H to take control for real and not just the camera, I bet you the product gets 10 times better.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched raw or smack down in the past 2 years minus raw and smack down after mania and it feels like I have missed nothing. Will continue to not watch either until new control of them.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bet if NXT wasn't network-exclusive, the subscriber numbers would be abysmal.

There's zero evidence of this. Consistently, the things that draw network numbers on the network is y'know, PPV's and other things focused on the current product, with NXT doing good. NXT loses money.

Also, it's amazing people are buying a random caller to Keller's podcast is totally on the up and up.

Uncle Paul isn't coming to turn RAW into 3 hours of NXT and he's openly already said that.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Vince has been holding the WWE back for awhile now, sadly.

Things won't really evolve or change until he's gone.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Love HHH's ability to work the media and fans into thinking that the second most powerful person in the company is being HELD BACK AND HAS ZERO INFLUENCE.

NXT sucks massively too what's the excuse for that

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Eh, the source is a random person calling in on Keller's show.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but I'm not putting too much stock on the caller.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
So you're going to ditch the WWE Network because the television is bad?

Said television which is not a selling point of the network?

That'll show them.
The PPVs are also rubbish too. I know this is going to sound wild n out there, but I don't think rewarding them for just their back catalog so I can go "man remember when this didn't suck" is a wise play either.

I would like better booking n storylines, their tv is building to Ppv shit which is a selling point of the network. I'd like the new shit to be significantly better, and they have made it clear that they do expect to make a healthy chunk of money from WWE network.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its time for Triple H to return to Turner

DjHZIzfXcAArfM7.jpg

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, at AEW:

Variety said:
"One thing we really strongly want to present is wins and losses mattering again in pro wrestling. That takes more than the W and the L column," he said. "We're talking about percentage of times someone loses to this particular maneuver, percentages against somebody of this height, a whole by-the-numbers approach that really intrigues me. It's not a cornerstone of AEW necessarily but it's a great peripheral element we're working on and that's going to be exclusive to us."

Rhodes, who is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes and a former WWE star himself, expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to learn from people like WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon. But he also felt something was lacking during his time with the company.

"[As] much as I say it was a wonderful job, it wasn't wrestling. That's something I've learned a lot about, the grittiness and the sports-centric element of the industry that doesn't exist really anywhere else currently. We have the opportunity to seize that."

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
AEW is basically arriving at the perfect time it sounds like. Hopefully competition makes Vince realize things have stagnated.

Except AEW is chasing after the hardcore audience that is still watching wrestling, as opposed to the millions of casual fans that have left over the past decade as the WWE roster has turned from a roster full of charismatic people who can actually draw money to a roster full of Wrestlers Who Can Wrestle Good, but whom couldn't sell ice to a guy lose in the desert.

There is space for competition, but I see no evidence a promotion led by Jericho, Omega, and Cody and a guy with an Observer subscription are the folks to do it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing happens on the shows. The roster is talented from a wrestling perspective, but their characters are forgettable as they become just another guy when called up from NXT.

Meanwhile, AEW keeps looking like a much better alternative that's not going to be a 3-hour void of entertainment.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is ridiculous that WWE has this huge creative team and none of their ideas ever get used, as long as Vince has final say than the product will continue to stagnate.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the source is a random person calling in on Keller's show.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but I'm not putting too much stock on the caller.
It seems plausible because it lines up with a lot of things that have been known about WWE for a while, like how Vince has ultimate final say in everything.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Has any industry depended on the whims of a senile old executive as much as the wrestling industry?

I'm happy AEW is coming so we can at least have another major player.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
The PPVs are also rubbish too. I know this is going to sound wild n out there, but I don't think rewarding them for just their back catalog so I can go "man remember when this didn't suck" is a wise play either.

I would like better booking n storylines, their tv is building to Ppv shit which is a selling point of the network. I'd like the new shit to be significantly better, and they have made it clear that they do expect to make a healthy chunk of money from WWE network.

You don't need to watch the TV. The network specials have video packages that sum up the feuds. Far more coherently than the TV does. Once you realise that, you'll be a lot more chilled about the product.

Oh, and yay for AEW. Let's see how long that lasts when TNT is vetoing their plots and telling them what talent to feature. Networks have notes. They aren't going to want gritty Southern style wrestling weekly.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Love HHH's ability to work the media and fans into thinking that the second most powerful person in the company is being HELD BACK AND HAS ZERO INFLUENCE.

HHH...the Master! Working the media, writers, wrestlers, and me!

I actually think NXT is good! He got me brother.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Consistently, the things that draw network numbers on the network is y'know, PPV's and other things focused on the current product, with NXT doing good.

NXT and Takeovers are the second most watched products on the Network outside of PPVs.

Taking away the most consistently watched weekly product on the Network will effect subscriber count. Would it be significant? Who knows. It might be. It might not be. But it would have some effect.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm currently at a point where I just read recaps of Raw and SD.

But saying that NXT sucks is probably the most hyperbole statement I've seen in 2019.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
WWE does need Vince to take a step or two back, and let the Creative team (which does have some talented people) work their ideas. Ratings will continue to slide as long as Vince has the final say, and some of the ideas he's had of late have been terrible.

Only good idea is the Bray Wyatt sketches. And they are from Bray himself, with no input from McMahon.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
[QUOTE="JesseEwiak, post: 20807706, member: 28874"Consistently, the things that draw network numbers on the network is y'know, PPV's and other things focused on the current product, with NXT doing good.

NXT and Takeovers are the second most watched products on the Network outside of PPVs.

Taking away the most consistently watched weekly product on the Network will effect subscriber count. Would it be significant? Who knows. It might not be. It might by a huge difference maker outside of Summerslam/Wrestlermania time. But it would have some effect.[/QUOTE]

The same people who watch NXT also watch he WWE Network specials.

I don't know where the myth that NXT fans only watch NXT comes from. They're not paying 9.99 for one hour of TV a week and a 2.5 hour special every quarter.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I caught a bit of RAW at the gym a couple months ago and that shit sucked BAD.

There are no gimmicks anymore. No personalities. No hype-ass promos. Every match is a dude in black tights and a beard v. another dude in black tights and a beard.

There's no energy in the matches. No sense that two titans are fighting. Just oily beefcakes rolling each other around a bit.

Oct 28, 2017
There's zero evidence of this. Consistently, the things that draw network numbers on the network is y'know, PPV's and other things focused on the current product, with NXT doing good. NXT loses money.

Also, it's amazing people are buying a random caller to Keller's podcast is totally on the up and up.

Uncle Paul isn't coming to turn RAW into 3 hours of NXT and he's openly already said that.
The network ratings are out there and NXT is doing better numbers than main roster. WarGames II got better numbers than Survivor Series. Takeover Phoenix beat out the Royal Rumble.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017

There are no gimmicks anymore. No personalities. Every match is a dude in black tights and a beard v. another dude in black tights and a beard.

There's no energy in the matches. No sense that two titans are fighting. Just oily beefcakes rolling each other around a bit.
"NO BABY OIL!" WHACK*

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

There are no gimmicks anymore. No personalities. No hype-ass promos. Every match is a dude in black tights and a beard v. another dude in black tights and a beard.

What's the matter? Don't like 25 minute opening promos while you're clangin' and bangin'?

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
WWE does need Vince to take a step or two back, and let the Creative team (which does have some talented people) work their ideas. Ratings will continue to slide as long as Vince has the final say, and some of the ideas he's had of late have been terrible.

Only good idea is the Bray Wyatt sketches. And they are from Bray himself, with no input from McMahon.

The Bray Wyatt sketches is cringe TV that would drive off anybody who's not already a hardcore fan. I'd rather somebody walk in on me watching a mid-2000's era Diva Lingerie Battle Royal than any of the recent Bray Wyatt sketches. Since people also thought the Broken Matt stuff was good (despite it not doing anything for TNA's numbers), I'm not surprised people also think hokey shit like what Bray is doing is good.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Imagine repeating this meme in 2019.

Imagine thinking Kenny & The Bucks are huge draws because they've managed to use the Internet to draw folks to a few shows, while ignoring Kenny's such a huge draw that a 2nd New Japan show in California underpeformed because it was "too soon after the last one" and "too close to the previous show" despite being hundreds of miles and weeks apart from each other.

But yes, the current AEW product is an audience aimed directly at a niche audience of disaffected 20-something dudes. It's not aimed at all at the wider wrestling audience that has drifted away from the WWE product as the roster became filled with generic guys whose only positive is they can wrestle real good.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Vince and Kevin Dunn need to step aside. The product will remain dogshit until they do. Dunn's production work is shockingly bad and has demonstrably got worse over the years