• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Haven't watched raw or smack down in the past 2 years minus raw and smack down after mania and it feels like I have missed nothing. Will continue to not watch either until new control of them.
Yep same here as I've been PPV only for a few years now, even some non NXT PPV's (non big 4) have been difficult to get through as well.

Everyone exciting that gets brought up to the main roster are neutered within weeks and it's just tiresome at this point.

I sincerely hope AEW brings some desperation from WWE to change things up but unless Vince isn't running the show, I somehow doubt it.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Imagine thinking Kenny & The Bucks are huge draws because they've managed to use the Internet to draw folks to a few shows, while ignoring Kenny's such a huge draw that a 2nd New Japan show in California underpeformed because it was "too soon after the last one" and "too close to the previous show" despite being hundreds of miles and weeks apart from each other.

You mean the show that "underperformed" because it didn't sell out, but still managed to out draw WWE in that same market despite having zero television or mainstream media attention?

The only people who think Kenny and the Bucks can only draw hardcore fans are, ironically, bitter hardcore fans themselves who get mad whenever wrestling doesn't resemble their preconceived notions.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Production work is pretty much the reason why I fell off watching as much. It's pretty much shaky cam / fast cuts all the time during the matches.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
They won't do anything because WWE stock will plummet if they got rid of Vince even if it meant a better product.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Vince needs to go. Theres no other way around it. He's out of touch with today's audience and the product is suffering.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Lots of changes WWE needs to invest in beyond creative. New sets. New camerawork. New "presentation". A new identity (usher in some new era to separate themselves from the previous era with the negative thoughts of not listening to fans, etc.)

Oct 25, 2017
NXT just came off one of their best shows ever this Mania weekend and has been running consistently good matches every week with the occasional great ones every now and then.

But yeah, it sucks massively I guess

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
NXT just came off one of their best shows ever this Mania weekend and has been running consistently good matches every week with the occasional great ones every now and then.

But yeah, it sucks massively I guess

every single main event feud after Zayn/Neville has been wrought with terrible promos, convoluted bullshit storylines, overbooking, and mostly (barring a few obvious exceptions) straight up bad matches.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vince unfortunately seems like the kind of guy who will stay in that job until his health makes it impossible.

Who knows what state the company will be in, in 1 year if ratings keep nose diving, let alone 10 or more when Vince might finally hang it up.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that after 20 years there are people who still buy HHH's bullshit. Him making himself out to be the good guy who has no control over the situation when things are going to bad is 100% consistent with the way he has acted from the beginning of his career.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Production work is pretty much the reason why I fell off watching as much. It's pretty much shaky cam / fast cuts all the time during the matches.

LGg2rkZGgwbMQ.gif

giphy.gif

SandyFocusedBoubou-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 42472

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
What? You don't like an angsty goth kid who went to the same GTA tattoo parlour as Adam Levine playing hacky sack with his opponent's chin?

In fairness, NXT does have some good. It also has some hilariously bad stuff that makes my childhood CAWs look like interesting characters (call me when the 5 foot tall guy in assless chaps and a hockey mask starts jacknife powerbombing everyone)

But I think, generally, folk aren't saying that the characters and matches are noticeably better (well, some are, but... yeah). It is more that the nature of NXT means there is more downtime between shows and the filming schedule makes it harder to adjust on the fly or have to compensate for injuries and "heat". So the bad stuff is given a chance to redeem itself and the good stuff actually feels like a multi week or even month storyline.

Whereas on the main show: if something flops that isn't Creative's baby it is getting dropped before the night is over and a new gimmick is getting tried next week.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when two different people with two different ideologies run two different shows that happen to work together. HHH books his best stars like monsters and when they get called up to the main roster, they lose to Baron Corbin in a singles match.

Aleister Black is another standout in which they're relying him on talking more like Bray Wyatt. Far from the days when he was kicking doors into people's faces trying to find who beat him up in a parking lot.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey OP, please make a poll to see how any people actually believe this bullshit story that comes out the same week another company has the spotlight 😂😂

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
The Bray Wyatt sketches is cringe TV that would drive off anybody who's not already a hardcore fan. I'd rather somebody walk in on me watching a mid-2000's era Diva Lingerie Battle Royal than any of the recent Bray Wyatt sketches. Since people also thought the Broken Matt stuff was good (despite it not doing anything for TNA's numbers), I'm not surprised people also think hokey shit like what Bray is doing is good.
90s Skits that would be comparable.
Jericho Skits
Dude Love Skits
Some of Rocks shit

Hmm all of that "crap" Got the over as fuck and people tuned in to watch them.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Saying NXT is trash isn't the kind of hot take that makes you look informed. It's the kind of take that makes you look so uninformed as to be unworthy of having your opinions considered. You're welcome to your opinions but if your base line is that the objectively best product being put out by WWE is trash then I really don't know why anyone should value your input into the WWE goings-on

Sorry if I sound like a dick here

Oct 27, 2017
IMO treating wrestling like sports like that seems like a questionable idea.

Wins and loses SHOULD matter. But that just requires logical writing with builds and payoffs. Not pretending its real.

I don't think they mean like completely denying it's fake like that wrestler who slapped the reporter around in the 80s, but pretending it's real in the context of the show and not constantly remind the audience that what they are watching isn't real.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Saying NXT is trash isn't the kind of hot take that makes you look informed. It's the kind of take that makes you look so uninformed as to be unworthy of having your opinions considered. You're welcome to your opinions but if your base line is that the objectively best product being put out by WWE is trash then I really don't know why anyone should value your input into the WWE goings-on

Sorry if I sound like a dick here

i got u dog

-----------THE LINE OF GOOD WRESTLING ---------------

----------THE LINE OF AVERAGE WRESTLING-------------

NXT

--------THE LINE OF BAD WRESTLING-------------

NXT UK
WWE main roster

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
False or not it makes real juicy reading. Fingers crossed this is all Hunter playing 4d chess to make him look good in the eyes of the fans so when he finally takes control of the shows no one will blame him when the shows still suck, that'll make some great drama online!

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a work.

Just few weeks if not months ago one of these site made it known that nothing happens on NXT without Vince approval or something along them lines.

I don't believe this simply because it's happening in the public eye. "Yeah, lets make waves for this billion dollar company by liking random tweets taking jabs at my father in-law." Right.. y'all believe that if you want.

I do think a meaningful change will happen but they won't be because of these tweet and backstage rumors. Vince will wake the fuck up if AEW proves to be a success and gains traction.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure i like the AEW wins/losses idea. I mean in theory it works, but not everyone can work on top, and winning streaks become predictable.

Unless AEW is going to feature a number of squash matches every week (which have their own problems in 2019) I doubt that's a philosophy they stick to.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I mean.. it's pretty obvious this is all true, how can it not be? Everyone knows how vince is, and i bet everyone's seeing the ratings and the AEW news and thinking "oh shit, our product is absolutely dire right now and we've got legit competition? Fuckkkkkk." And they can't do anything about it because of vince.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Bruce Prichard thinks. I know Bruce is an old school Vince guy, but he's also had his problems with Vince in the past, and got fired over it. I know he's super happy to be back in WWE, and is honestly grateful for it, but I sorta wonder what he thinks about how Vince controls the product and what the way out is.

Regarding the Wins/Losses suggestion in AEW, I imagine it'd be similar to the 'Code of Honor' in Ring of Honor, perhaps they pursue it seriously at first, then it becomes something they can script into the story line to create faces v. heels, and then they just forget about it entirely. I don't think a win/loss system has ever worked in professional wrestling, and some of the most lauded matches that some historic wrestlers have had are those that they lost. Two of Bret Hart's best matches are ones he lost to Davey Boy Smith (SummerSlam 92) and Owen Hart (Wrestlemania X).

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
NXT sucks massively too what's the excuse for that

Lmao.
Yeah, they just recently had one of the best wrestling shows of all time with their last TakeOver where the show began with the bar literally touching the roof and holding that to the very end.

But "NXT sucks massively". That's the dumbest thing I read about WWE on this forum for quite a while, and that's saying something. Congrats.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
What's bad with the WWE is a lot of it seems really stale and boring; Vince has always approved everything appearing on screen so he can't necessarily be blamed. I wonder how much of it is they being handcuffed by the TV rating system. I'm not sure how much going back to TV 14 would help them; it's not just having sexy women, it's being able to do bladejobs on TV or PPV. If AEW has to be TV PG as well, they may not do any better with their storylines.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

This post fucking makes me dizzy.

I fucking HATE the camera work in WWE, I absolutely fucking HATE it.

There's that clip of... uhh... the Shield running in on a match and to make it look more hectic they make the camera work absolutely insane. It's unwatchably bad.

In the thread about that news monster heel guy whose a racist, I forget his name, but I watched a clip of him from the top of that article to see what his deal was... and the monster cam fucking ruined his finished. He looks to have a pretty good runnign sit down powerbomb which has a lot of damage, but the camera fucking ruins the blow and you miss the impact.

I just don't get how Dunne watches TV from today, and then watches it from 20 years ago and thinks that this camera shit makes the product better.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its time for them to find a way to force Vince out. He is destroying his own legacy and company he spent the last 30 odd years building. The product is so so bad and I fully believe it all rests on the shoulders of Vince. He has to approve everything that makes it on TV.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
What's bad with the WWE is a lot of it seems really stale and boring; Vince has always approved everything appearing on screen so he can't necessarily be blamed. I wonder how much of it is they being handcuffed by the TV rating system. I'm not sure how much going back to TV 14 would help them; it's not just having sexy women, it's being able to do bladejobs on TV or PPV. If AEW has to be TV PG as well, they may not do any better with their storylines.

I don't think blading, sexy ladies, or any of the TV 14 stuff would make the TV product better. It's just boring and nobody cares about most of the storylines.

I think, thank god it's TV PG because it's be a hell of a lot worse if they had boring storylines and matches but guys were blading every night. Like, if there was Attitude era blood every night but this Universe era boring nonsense, then I don't think that'd make the product better. Blood can make a great match epic and historically memorable... Austin v. Hart at Survivor Series, Ric Flair v Savage WM VIII, etc... Like great matches that add a little blood can be super memorable. But to bleed every week on TV, especially if the TV Sucks, makes it worse and you're wasting legit nasty stuff and harming the talent for a shitty show.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I should add. This EXTRA fucking sucks because WWE failing right now is going to be blamed on Kofi. I guarantee you Vince thinks that the reason the product isn't pulling in eyeballs right now is because of Kofi.