• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
That was almost worse than just having Roman beat Braun. Creative is either incredibly tone deaf or they're just fucking with the fans at this point.
I mean, consider that's supposed to be your "top face", and you have to have another more popular face at ringside to bait the crowd, then quickly cut to black after the supposed top face wins to avoid a negative reaction.
That doesn't really sound like a top face to me, and you'd think someone would think "Hey, if we have to do all this stuff just to get him a title win, maybe there are better choices".

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Really that was the most masterful booking from Vince in years, full awareness of the fans dumping on his plans, he concocted a scheme to keep all invested only to SWERVE and then also bail out on the post match celebration in record time while people still thought Strowman might get up.

Soon we'll find out that Strowman getting over these 12 months was all part of the plan, built perfectly for this one moment, long term booking from the higher power himself

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I can't even be mad at that thing because of the level of effort it took Vince to play the entire arena to get them to cheer Reigns winning thinking they'd be getting a Strowman cash-in right after only for them to go off the air.
More than anything else I'm just completely impressed they tried to make this moment happen for 4 years

4 FUCKING YEARS

and finally did it, and in the one way that made everyone involved look worse

I can't be mad. Honestly. At a certain point it's gotta be intentional. Nobody could accidentally fuck up this well and this consistently

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Really that was the most masterful booking from Vince in years, full awareness of the fans dumping on his plans, he concocted a scheme to keep all invested only to SWERVE and then also bail out on the post match celebration in record time while people still thought Strowman might get up.

Soon we'll find out that Strowman getting over these 12 months was all part of the plan, built perfectly for this one moment, long term booking from the higher power himself
vince is over here playing chess while everyone else is playing WWE 2k19

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a good PPV.

Rollins/Zig was really good, New Day/BB was good before finish, Miz/Bryan was very good and Styles/Joe was nearly great

At least the main event was silly and entertaining in a bad way and the title is finally off Bork.

I appreciated the realistic angle of story telling that is overlooked a lot

Like why wouldn't Bryan punch Miz in head during figure four/yes lock? Why wouldn't AJ react like a mad man when Joe says that to his kid? Why wouldn't Brock attack the MiTB holder and throw the case far away?

Those all make sense to me.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The only way the KO story makes any logical sense is to completely cost Strowman the briefcase. Otherwise there was no point and the sad reality is that WWE writing is so lackluster that it was very likely all for nothing. There was no future planning.

They gave Stroman his moment.
I still think there is a possibility the story is KO wins the briefcase by legal fuckery tomorrow. After all, Reigns/Owens was announced for HitC.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
So if Braun doesn't cash in right in the opening of Raw now, he looks like the biggest hypocrite, poser and liar, right?

I mean who trusts him anymore if he doesn't do it tomorrow? He looks like a shitty heel then, always searching for excuses.
He's already a hypocrite for not just making it a triple threat match

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Braun survives getting compacted in a garbage truck, getting nearly killed by Roman in an ambulance, and countless other deaths

But Brock hitting him with a chair a few times has him knocked out for minutes on end.

I don't think you could have booked this funnier if you tried

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

It's kind of funny that after four years of repeated "coronations", this newest one is such that they had to cut the actual coronation/celebration part and just fade to black seconds after he won.

OP
OP
THE GUY

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Except dude is clearly deaf to the huge let's go Roman chants as well the loud pop when he won. Just because one segment of the audience dislikes him doesn't mean he hasn't always had huge support.

Let's face it. Dudes be constantly crying online but this was perfectly booked. They instantly created intrigue by having Strowman change things up. Reigns and Brock had a quick exchange where it seemed either man would win. Followed by Brock fucking up Strowman and then losing. They made a foregone conclusion more interesting and that's basically the purpose.

They've got a bunch of ways to take this forward now and ideally it'll be a triple threat. I've said this before but peeps are dense. Reigns and Brock ain't ending anytime soon. This isn't some coronation. It's a feud between the top two. They're having at least one more match after this. It's just a matter of when.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
More than anything else I'm just completely impressed they tried to make this moment happen for 4 years

4 FUCKING YEARS

and finally did it, and in the one way that made everyone involved look worse

I can't be mad. Honestly. At a certain point it's gotta be intentional. Nobody could accidentally fuck up this well and this consistently
They should have done this in corpis chirtie with plants

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

Guarantee they've already got a video package started with the crowd ovation audio and video from when Braun came out but now set to when Reigns won.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Is it masterful or is it just kind of sad that they have to do something like this to avoid getting shat all over?

Its kind of hilarious that they'll go to these lengths instead of just changing course.

"Its not working, it'll never work...but lets keep going."

Should be the name of Roman's biography.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Except dude is clearly deaf to the huge let's go Roman chants as well the loud pop when he won.

Let's face it. Dudes be constantly crying online but this was perfectly booked. They instantly created intrigue by having Strowman change things up. Reigns and Brock had a quick exchange where it seemed either man would win. Followed by Brock fucking up Strowman and then losing.

They've got a bunch of ways to take this forward now and ideally it'll be a triple threat. I've said this before but peeps are dense. Reigns and Brock ain't ending anytime soon. This isn't some coronation. It's a feud between the top two. They're having at least one more match after this. It's just a matter of when.

Dude, this was the culmination of a four year build and it went over flat as a pancake. It wasn't 'perfectly booked', unless you consider surviving a car crash after a firefighter cuts you out of the wreck with the jaws of life as a 'perfect journey'.

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
Except dude is clearly deaf to the huge let's go Roman chants as well the loud pop when he won. Just because one segment of the audience dislikes him doesn't mean he hasn't always had huge support.

Let's face it. Dudes be constantly crying online but this was perfectly booked. They instantly created intrigue by having Strowman change things up. Reigns and Brock had a quick exchange where it seemed either man would win. Followed by Brock fucking up Strowman and then losing. They made a foregone conclusion more interesting and that's basically the purpose.

Agree, this match was way more interesting than their first 3 matches. All 3 superstars delivered on making a memorable main event.