• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The lengths this company goes through to make sure Roman doesn't get his moment ruined by fans is astounding. Meanwhile, this made Braun look naive as fuck.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
Barely decent show.

Rollins Ziggler was a good match.
AJ v Joe and SD Tag Match were going well until the shit finish
Miz v Bryan was alright.
Triple threat Woman's Match was sloppy. Becky's turn was great.
Roman v Brock was surprising but the end was weak (1 fucking spear?)

OP
OP
THE GUY

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Joe ain't getting the strap. This whole feud with Styles is being built in a way that screams a Styles win because they made it about his family. Unless they move away from that aspect, I don't see how Joe gets the belt here.

And considering Bryan is very clearly being groomed for a title win at Mania, Styles is the only sensible opponent for him on Smackdown really. I think there's a decent chance Styles just holds on to the belt until Mania right if Joe doesn't take it from him.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
WWE has zero shame. Using Braun so that Roman didn't get booed.

Seriously can't think of a guy who has been hated as much as Reigns has been for so long and still be booked as the main event guy. Cena or the Rock never had this level and length of time getting hate from the fans.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Joe ain't getting the strap. This whole feud with Styles is being built in a way that screams a Styles win because they made it about his family. Unless they move away from that aspect, I don't see how Joe gets the belt here.

And considering Bryan is very clearly being groomed for a title win at Mania, Styles is the only sensible opponent for him on Smackdown really. I think there's a decent chance Styles just holds on to the belt until Mania right if Joe doesn't take it from him.
I could see a Joe gets it then AJ gets it back scenario happening just to fill time.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
cagey Professor Beef our boy finally did it!!!!
ZFLP2ga.gif
7bxjaiI.gif

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON

The alternate scenario is that Styles loses the belt to Miz in a screwy fashion (possibly thanks to being consumed with rage against Joe) and D.Brine faces Miz at Mania for the belt.

Of course, that's just us using logical booking. What's more realistic is they get behind Orton as a badass heel and put the belt on him again.

OP
OP
THE GUY

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This match was supposedly the last on his contract unless he signed a new one.
I expect Brock is gonna be around for years yet. Naturally I don't expect him around in early 2019 or for Mania since he's gonna be facing DC.

But I think HIAC would be a good way to write him out. He can't just disappear after this, especially because this thing got really interesting now. A triple threat between him, Reigns, and Strowman would be amazing. And since it's a multi-man in a HIAC, they can easily make him look good even if he gets pinned again.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Brock is gonna be on Raw tomorrow. Curious to see how they'll follow up on this. Really wish they'll do HIAC with Reigns, Strowman, and Brock.

With 4 weeks left, it's an organic story to follow up what happened here. And it can segue into a Reigns/Strowman feud.

His head did bounce off the steel. Looked nasty.

He also landed on his head for the first bump outside the ring when Braun was running, it seems.
That could also explain the short match, but i mean... we always see Owens injured after some bumps but he's always back the day after.

Deleted member 13037

unfortunately they're pretty clearly doing Miz/Bryan at Mania for the title

so get ready for months of
"you cheated"
"I won"
to build up to another mediocre match instead of Bryan/AJ

OP
OP
THE GUY

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The alternate scenario is that Styles loses the belt to Miz in a screwy fashion (possibly thanks to being consumed with rage against Joe) and D.Brine faces Miz at Mania for the belt.

Of course, that's just us using logical booking. What's more realistic is they get behind Orton as a badass heel and put the belt on him again.
Nah. Fuck that.

I want Bryan to finish up with Miz in the next 2-3 months. Miz ain't nowhere near good enough to be with Bryan at Mania nor is this feud of theirs. They have very average chemistry together.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just fucking happy it's over and now we can finally move on after this fucking three-year build to Roman's title reign.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the decision Braun made was a smart one to not be a coward and challenge after the match with a heads up but the WWE creative team sure made it a dumb one but at least the title's off Brock so that's good at least. Now we just gotta get it off of Roman.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate that Charlotte won the women's title. Anyone but Carmella.
Thing is, she doesnt need it, Becky does. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if she eventually wins it but turning one of the best natural babyfaces in the entire company a heel is a huge gamble (and I like Beckys heel work so its not even that)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

I think at this rate, if AJ keeps the title until Mania he will have broken Punk's record with the actual WWE title so I could definitely just see them doing that.

OP
OP
THE GUY

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
unfortunately they're pretty clearly doing Miz/Bryan at Mania for the title

so get ready for months of
"you cheated"
"I won"
to build up to another mediocre match instead of Bryan/AJ
I really hope not.

I'd rather they just send Bryan to Raw to face Reigns and have Rollins come to Smackdown to face Styles then.

Miz and Bryan had a very average match. Miz just ain't that good. That Reigns and Rollins got legit good regular singles matches out of him is an anomaly. Miz is best in gimmick or multi-mans.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, she doesnt need it, Becky does. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if she eventually wins it but turning one of the best natural babyfaces in the entire company a heel is a huge gamble (and I like Beckys heel work so its not even that)

I'm down with heel Becky. Of course Charlotte is a natural at playing the heel so I don't know why they went this route, but I'll take it. Any angle with Becky is better than her going back to jobberville.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
By the way if Owens actually had some offense against Stroman, he would have looked less like a coward in the end cause he would have been tired yet still up for a match.

Actually you could even think that was the initial plan, which would explain why they thought it would be ok if he didn't make a triple threat.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down with heel Becky. Of course Charlotte is a natural at playing the heel so I don't know why they went this route, but I'll take it. Any angle with Becky is better than her going back to jobberville.

If it leads to Becky champ at HiaC for a Becky/Asuka at Evolution thats great but I smell Charlotte/Asuka rematch at Evolution

Maybe another triple threat? Smackdown has 3 top tier performers in the women division and a lot of B tier (in storyline, obviously) they could really use Nikki Cross right away (hiiint hiiint)

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I mean the decision Braun made was a smart one to not be a coward and challenge after the match with a heads up but the WWE creative team sure made it a dumb one but at least the title's off Brock so that's good at least. Now we just gotta get it off of Roman.

It's amazing they totally killed the one gimmick, MITB, that actually get over.

The entire thing is built around the element of surprise and the shock cash in when least expected....but no, we gotta kill that and for what reason? Bleh...

Deleted member 13037

I can't believe you planted this evil shit in my head. I was feeling pretty comfortable with Miz and Bryan continuing and finishing this year. Now I gotta wait for Smackdown to feel reassured.
I just thought of the best part too

because Maryse helped Miz win this time, Brie will help Bryan win at Mania

this the making of a WWE classic

Gun

Oct 27, 2017

I hope that's the plan

And to fill time we can have a AJ vs Almas feud after he finish this one with Joe

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the first match was still the best. It was an instant classic. This was pretty great too though. No bullshit. Just straight to the point and entertaining as hell.

Loved Brock just beating the shit out of Strowman too. Made him look like a badass. From Strowman clutching his feet to the getting his case thrown out of the arena.

The first one at WM 31? That match was terrible. If it hadn't been for the Rollins cash in it'd probably be one of the worst main events for a Mania in years. It was barely even a match.

They're last one at this Mania was way better than that.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure who it'll be but somebody needs to get the belt from AJ. This guy's been on auto-pilot since that Nakamura WM match.

As for Bryan and Miz, I know people want that WM match for the title but this match wasn't great and this is Bryan. The WWE is gonna let them feud for a few months resulting in a Bryan win and then that'll be it. They won't stretch this to WM. Hell the WWE title match at WM will probably be Orton/Styles or some shit resulting in Orton (who's already champion) retaining.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE has zero shame. Using Braun so that Roman didn't get booed.

Seriously can't think of a guy who has been hated as much as Reigns has been for so long and still be booked as the main event guy. Cena or the Rock never had this level and length of time getting hate from the fans.

Rock turning heel got him over well. But that's just not true for Cena. He's got mixed reactions for a good like 6-7 years from what I remember. Roman is getting up there, though