• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...aw-draws-lowest-viewership-in-history-648507/

Monday's WWE RAW episode, featuring RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey and Ember Moon defeating Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax in the main event, drew 2.285 million viewers. This is down 3.5% from last week's 2.369 million viewers. This is the lowest RAW viewership of 2018 and the lowest in show history.

They may be making money but it's absolutely obvious they are the least relevant they have ever been

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure WWE's take away from this will be "Well people don't want to see women in the main event"

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time for another episode of This is Your Life with the Rock and Sock Connection!

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing will improve until Vince is dead and buried, and Paul takes over the company. Hopefully at that point the main roster will essentially become what NXT currently is production and story wise.

Right now moving to the main roster is career suicide.

The ONLY bright spot is the women's division, but even those storylines are mangled.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
#5Years

They recently signed a billion dollar contract with Fox for Smackdown so sadly there is zero incentive to improve the product.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Getting Braun Strowman over as the top guy was their only chance at getting any sort of ratings and they blew it.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
GroundedInfantileApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I stopped watching when they went ahead with Crown Jewel and I doubt I'm the only one. Then last week they had what many called the worst episode in recent memory. This is hardly surprising.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Dolph turn face again for like the 20th time this past RAW? Feel like that had something to do with it too...

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like years of horrible PR and bad storytelling will eventually cause even the diehards to just say "fuck it I'm done".

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Good, it's shit these days. Doesn't help that they're in cahoots with the Saudi's either.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will improve until Vince is dead and buried, and Paul takes over the company. Hopefully at that point the main roster will essentially become what NXT currently is production and story wise.

Right now moving to the main roster is career suicide.

The ONLY bright spot is the women's division, but even those storylines are mangled.

Paul ain't going to help that much. They're attempting to create a steady flow of content. At some point the weight of all this production will catch up

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like i see this OP title every three months

Oct 27, 2017
Remember: at its peak wrestling was pulling in combined ratings between raw and nitro at around 8-9, sometimes they would vault past 10s. They squandered a gigantic audience.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I stopped watching years ago when I realized they were showing the same matches over and over and then again at the ppv. It's boring.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching when they went ahead with Crown Jewel and I doubt I'm the only one. Then last week they had what many called the worst episode in recent memory. This is hardly surprising.
i doubt the crown jewel controversy had absolutely any effect on ratings. the ratings have been going down for a good while now and we have yet to see the absolute bottom.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
It's certainly been some of the worst RAW episodes in recent times, to the point that i've tuned off to watch something else. Just hope they don't blame the women's division. In recent months, they've put on some of the better matches this year.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I would love to see SD Live to get better ratings than this RAW. At least it's still possible to watch that show.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The entire show has to be carried by Ronda Rousey so it's not surprising. This is the third time in like three years that Ambrose-Rollins is a thing, Roman is gone for the foreseeable future, the Champion is a fucking part timer who never talks (and has his manager give the exact same promo every day he is there) and Becky Lynch is on the other show.

Sure, the show was bad, but people don't know it's bad until they tune in - there's just no star power

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody wants to see Nia Jax and Tamina in the main event. They want to see someone show them who is really The Man.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Last week's Raw was like 1999 WCW level bad, and this week's show was hardly much better.

Also, with Braun injured and Seth stuck in a godawful feud, their biggest star is Rousey, who, even if you can somehow overlook her transphobic comments and Sandy Hook trutherism, isn't good enough to carry a show on her own.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even tune into the condensed RAWs on Youtube anymore. It's horrible. When you have a main event with two women known more for their botching than what little skill they possess, a good wrestler being held back from the title picture, and Ronda, you know you just don't give a shit anymore.

Meanwhile, the wrestlers everyone actually gives a shit about are all on Smackdown, which was obvious after the last brand draft.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It was a faithful sequel to a god awful episode last week so I'm not surprised.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
It's an irredeemably shit product. They're losing the hardcore fans now who've (until now) stuck around and they're gonna keep bleeding them away because there isn't anything fixing that shit until Vince is long gone. I really pray that the AEW is real and offers some genuinely good wrestling on a large scale in NA. Because even if they do turn it around, I don't really want to support the Saudi-loving McMahon family any more.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know wresting was still a thing. Once you hit the age of 10 or so you know it's fake so it becomes a soap opera about guys with big muscles.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I remember posting on a wrestlingforum. Raw got so shit but there was always people saying see you next week to those saying they're done. Looks like people have really stopped watching.

Yet WWE sign billion dollar deals.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I still feel like the only reason Fox paid so much for Smackdown is because there was some shady deal attached to it that we don't know about.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
How do they still make money? Are the road shows selling or is the TV money?

How much more can they squeeze their hardcore fanbase?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Not surprising. I personally still watch it since I've watched it for decades now, but the current product is just absolute garbage.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
No one cares a out Tamina and people now actively hate Nia. The Dean Ambrose return has be turned into a complete joke. They're on their like 30th Lucha House Party/Revival match. You still have an absentee champion. Braun is out for surgery. I know people like McIntyre but I just don't see him as a credible too guy, he just comes off as a bigger Scottish Reigns.

Your bright spots are Rollins, Elias, and Finn. Rollins is stuck in a fued with the aforementioned joke. Elias was stupidly turned face so he could fued with LASH-LEY, LASH-LEY, LASH-LEY. And while Finn may be on the ups if he's fueding with McIntyre, that's not a matchup I really care at all for.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they certainly deserve it with the shit they put on Smackdown and Raw. It's a shame too with the amount of talent they have. They need to stop talking and tell the story in the ring. That's where NXT absolutely kills the main shows. Sad thing is that Raw, last night, featured a ton of former NXT stars that had 5 star matches in NXT. Off the top of my head they had Sasha Banks, Bayley, AOP, Bobby Roode, Finn Balor, The Revival and Ember Moon. Every single one of those wrestlers had a 5 star match, and some them had multiple, in NXT. It's not as if their talent disappeared. It's the way they're booked. It's the way the show is constructed. It's the same recycled story lines over and over. Sadly, like it has already been mentioned in this thread, until Vince and Kevin Dunne are gone both Smackdown and Raw will continue to blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.