• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was match of the weekend?

• War Raiders vs Ricochet and Aleister Black

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole

Votes: 97 49.5%
  • Smackdkwn tag fatal 4 way

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Dan

Votes: 48 24.5%

• Total voters

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I basically haven't watched WWE since last year's Mania. Should I watch this? Or at least any part of it?

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
The first WM in a long while where I've felt like I don't give a damn about any of the matches. The build has been awful (aside from Kofi vs DB), and there have been some baffling decisions made (giving Charlotte the SD women's title, Becky on crutches for so long, Joe vs Rey?).

It'll be nice to see Kofi and Becky get their moments, but it just feels like the build has been non-existent.

Even the Kofi build felt overdone by the end. They took something natural, and they just shoved it in to everyone's face over and over again with the multiple gauntlet matches, having the whole roster rallying around Kofi, rehashing the "B+ player" thing. And tonight with they Becky/Charlotte/Ronda bit they've gone overboard with that. The only one of the big three they haven't gone over-the-top with is Seth/Brock, but its still the same old "absentee champion" angle.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I basically haven't watched WWE since last year's Mania. Should I watch this? Or at least any part of it?

Don't do it! I've been clean for over a year and am feeling fine. I can be your sponsor. Let's get through this together and not relapse. We know it's not good for us. :(

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Poor Mustafa Ali. From possible career making opportunity to battle royal afterthought in the span of 2 months. Even money Kevin Dunn fucking misses his elimination.

So, what do they do when Smackdown is on Fridays on Fox? Run live on Mania weekend? Go head-to-head with NXT?

And I'm still not convinced Corbin will be Angle's final opponent, despite them ending the go home Raw with a build for that match. Cena is such the obvious choice.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Can't wait for NXT Takeover, what a great card. I will watch Wrestlemania but the build has been a complete joke, I laughed my ass off at the Ronda segment on RAW.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
And I'm still not convinced Corbin will be Angle's final opponent, despite them ending the go home Raw with a build for that match. Cena is such the obvious choice.
I have a strong feeling Corbin will be taken out before the match and we will get a surprise opponent for Angle.

If they're actually for real about Corbin in that match...I want whatever they're smoking.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Just a reminder if you actually sit through this entire slog of a Mania and come away disappointed, you've got no one to blame but yourself. Enjoy Stephanie raising Charlotte's hand as Cole bursts a blood vessel screaming at you to tweet #womensrevolution

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
why would Steph raise the hand of the loser

what a weird suggestion

warp_

Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Out of Seth, Kofi, and Becky someone is going to probably take a loss. I hope it's Seth since I don't watch Raw anyway so there's no loss to me.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely watching NXT on Friday for sure. I can't wait for that Matt Riddle v. Velveteen Dream curtain jerker. And dunn v. walter.

I wasn't looking forward to any of the main WM matches other than the women's title match, but now... Looking at the card there's a lot on there that I think could be great matches. AJ v. Orton. Joe v Mysterio. Balor v. Lashley. Seth v. Brock should be a good match because brock's matches against smaller guys are always better than the heavy weight fights. Even excited to see Roman not be in the main event. I don't think many of these matches were built right, but the matches on the card are all really talented.

I'd love to see some of the former indie talent from NXT show up for the Women's battle royal, but that ain't happening. Mia Yim and Deonna Purrazzo for instance. I kinda wish there was some 'everyone in the ring' match for NXT because of all the indie talent called up in the last year, and those who haven't broken through. I'd seriously shit in my hand and smear it on my face if Stokely made a video appearance. He won't, I know, but ggoddam it I'd mark so hard. But, guys that can fucking go like Dijak, Keith Lee, Purrazzo, etc... would just love to see them somewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder if you actually sit through this entire slog of a Mania and come away disappointed, you've got no one to blame but yourself. Enjoy Stephanie raising Charlotte's hand as Cole bursts a blood vessel screaming at you to tweet #womensrevolution

That's a slight improvement over FOUR consecutive years of Roman Reigns main events that nobody asked for.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Also I didn't give a hoot about HHH V. Batista but ... Jack Prosobiec, that alt-right trumpster goon randomly started taking shots at Batista on Twitter, so now I'm all in.

OP
OP

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Updated the OP to reflect what happened last night on Raw and also include Serene's excellent non-Mania OT.

I really want Charlotte to win the match just to break the internet.

After that knee she gave to Ronda's temple, if not Becky, i'm fine with Charlotte winning.

Then again, I'm always fine of Charlotte winning if not Becky because between her or Rousey, I'd take Charlotte any day.

Nov 23, 2017
I'm going to be at WrestleMania this year and oh boy did I pick a craptastic year to go. All I care about is Kofi vs Bryan and Becky getting that dub.

Oct 25, 2017
7 hours for this Wrestlemania card?
643183ea5d05e59d792b9ba3ffb81b0e.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. Even if the ending sucks, 3 capable women is better than Roman trying to carry old farts through 30 minute snoozefests.

While the crowd openly revolts and WWE tries to mute the audio.

Seriously, I can't believe they wasted four wrestlemania main events on that shit. History will not be kind when people look back at that era 10 years from now.

warp_

Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'm going to be at WrestleMania this year and oh boy did I pick a craptastic year to go. All I care about is Kofi vs Bryan and Becky getting that dub.
I have gone to two Wreslemanias and they were both considered to be "bad" before they happened and I still had a fantastic time. Granted in Dallas at NXT I saw my favorite match of all time so that helps but I had a blast at the main show as well.

The spectacle of Wrestlemania honestly can't be matched. It's awesome and I hope you have fun!

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas,tx
I have gone to two Wreslemanias and they were both considered to be "bad" before they happened and I still had a fantastic time. Granted in Dallas at NXT I saw my favorite match of all time so that helps but I had a blast at the main show as well.

The spectacle of Wrestlemania honestly can't be matched. It's awesome and I hope you have fun!

NXT Dallas was insane to be there in person. If it wasn't for that I would of considered my Mania weekend a disaster. The more and more I think about it, I'm starting to think Seth is going to lose. They got Roman back sooner than they expected I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised if he's facing Brock at the Saudi show again for the title. I feel Vince is going to do with Kofi what he sometimes likes to do......not strike when it's hot and give the title to him after Mania. By that point he will cooled off a bit and the reactions won't be as loud for him anymore. I'm so hyped for NXT Takeover but feeling meh about Mania this year.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Going to end up watching Mania with friends on Sunday even thought I'm in NY and was considering getting a ticket for a while. Too many negatives regarding the awful booking, ridiculous length, and just WWE in general is making me pass. Looking forward to Becky finally getting her moment after all the trainwreck booking the past couple of months. Kofi's moment will be cool too. Other than that, 6 hours of mostly garbage.

This is how I feel about most live wrestling that I see in person as well, but Mania 29 was so fucking atrocious that it didn't matter that I was their live. I was legit pissed about the mountain of shit I had paid $300 to watch and I regret it to this day. I went and saw ROH/NJPW at the Hammerstein a few months later for $20 and had a way better time.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Thank God for the NXT show and the G1 Supercard on Saturday....will make up for the slog that is Sunday.

Only match I really care about is Kofi/Bryan....hopefully Kofi goes over but yeah not expecting it.

warp_

Banned
Mar 23, 2019
This is how I feel about most live wrestling that I see in person as well, but Mania 29 was so fucking atrocious that it didn't matter that I was their live. I was legit pissed about the mountain of shit I had paid $300 to watch and I regret it to this day. I went and saw ROH/NJPW at the Hammerstein a few months later for $20 and had a way better time.
Okay, yeah that was a bad WM lol. At least there was the CM Punk/Undertaker match but I remember the rest of that show being very lackluster and it had that "wut" moment of HHH beating Brock out of nowhere iirc.

I went to 31 and 32 so overall I could have made much worse choices :)

Nov 23, 2017

I'm hoping for some great fun too.At least I have exploring the city and the G1 SUPERCARD and Raw if WM ends up being bad.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
While quite a few of those Mania matches will be good (or even better), that is one horribly built card.

Also, for those complaining about 7 hours, this show is going over that

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I wonder which announced match gets bumped when this 9 hour bloatfest runs long to fit in a musicla guest.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This will be one WrestleMania I'll likely miss. Haven't watched any WWE show in a while, that Sunday I'll be busy with school work, and there will be a Bucks game on, which I would rather watch

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Lol bartender Corbin and Shane O'Mac

Im kinda interested in seeing Big Dave again but not enough to sit through a triple h match

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen any WWE since Elimination Chamber. Looking at some of these matches on the card and I'm just thinking '...why?'

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Card aside from main events looks boring as sin. Now that Roman is back , I would not be surprised if Brock wins.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to be optimistic isn't it

lmao it's not optimism it's common sense and not being paranoid that everything ever is gonna be the worst

Becky has dropped one fall in the last six months, Ronda is leaving soon, and Charlotte just won her first TV match of the year last week

The only thing more clear than Becky winning at WM is that even after she does, everyone is still gonna be going on and on about "WELL EVENTUALLY THEY'LL BURY HER AND PUSH CHARLOTTE" like they have every week for the past six months.

warp_

Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Since we know most of the matches now, is it prediction time?

Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins
Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston
Finn Balor
vs Bobby Lashley
Samoa Joe vs Someone (Mustafa? I'd like him to win but if it's anyone else I expect Joe to stomp them)
Bayley/Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax/Tamina vs The IIconics vs Natayla/Beth Phoenix
Usos vs The Bar vs Nakamura/Rusev vs Ricochet/Aleister Black
The Revival vs Curt Hawkins/Zach Ryder
Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese
Batista vs HHH
Miz
vs Shane McMahon
Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin - pretty sure there's some silliness coming from this but I'll pick Corbin anyway
Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal - El Ídolo Andrade Cien Almas
Women's Battle Royal - Asuka

No Cena this year bums me out more than I expected, but I guess there's a chance he shows up for Joe or Kurt.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
The best cover image was picked, all is well, I loved that moment ^^

Will be there for mania, I have vacations days to spend before june and no time for a real vacation so im taking days off here and there, and monday will be one of them(and most of the other mondays for game of thrones). Should be fun :)

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
So, 12 matches on the actual show. How many don't make it past the 10 minute mark?

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Just curious what people think. But Wrestle Kingdom 13 (ignoring the guantlet tag match) had 9 matches that earned a total of 37.5 stars from Meltzer. Does anyone thing the 15 matches on the Mania card will hit that?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
was luckily able to get cheapish tix last night, that's not obstructed, before the resale market went straight up today.

between this show and the G1 supershow I'll be good on wrasslin for a while... Some of these matches would be good if they got any time, but there's gonna be a lot of 10 minuteish matches going on.

I already know getting out of Metlife at 1 AM and getting back to the city is gonna be a fucking nightmare.

warp_

Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Just curious what people think. But Wrestle Kingdom 13 (ignoring the guantlet tag match) had 9 matches that earned a total of 37.5 stars from Meltzer. Does anyone thing the 15 matches on the Mania card will hit that?
Judging by just math, if the matches average 2.5 stars it'll be just fine :P

But being realistic, there are going to be some real good matches on that card. Never much paid attention to star ratings but I think a "lack of stars" is not really going to be a concern.