• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nightcrawler wasnt dlc for first game , he was unlockable and played big part on story mode( you had to save him or ghost rider
I've recently replayed the PSP version and that is not the case? I had to choose between Nigthcrawler and Jean. Ghost Rider is unlockable regardless of this choice, as you save him while going after the two.

Nightcrawler was 360 DLC only until the remaster patch.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Cyclops was 360 exclusive until PC release and PS4-XBone re-release had them too. If you count him "360 exclusive then" magneto is exclusive too . Nightcrawler wasnt dlc for first game , he was unlockable and played big part on story mode( you had to save him or ghost rider
Magneto and Cyclops were both 360-exclusive DLC. Which label I use doesn't matter at all.

Nightcrawler was DLC and was completely separate from his role in the story (and it was between him and Jean btw).

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Who will be the newest characters of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?!
latest

Imagine Rom being in this :'v

Don't you tease me with Rom

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Magneto and Cyclops were both 360-exclusive DLC. Which label I use doesn't matter at all.

Nightcrawler was DLC and was completely separate from his role in the story (and it was between him and Jean btw).

Oh i forgot. I know PC launch on 2007 had modded every 360 gold character for PC . Then PS4/XBone and new PC editions also had every character available besides Black Widow which was psp exclusive

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
hopefully this means jean greys stank is away from the story so i never have to interact with her. Still hope for magick or emma.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I've recently replayed the PSP version and that is not the case? I had to choose between Nigthcrawler and Jean. Ghost Rider is unlockable regardless of this choice, as you save him while going after the two.

Nightcrawler was 360 DLC only until the remaster patch.
That was a real bullshit because it did not matter if you rescued Nightcrawler or Jean Grey, the death of either of them led to a different bad ending.

The good ending could only be achieved by buying Magneto's DLC because he could save both at the same time.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Having Samus and Ryu Hayabusa as unlockable characters would be sick as hell. Did not even think about the possibility of guest characters until this thread.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I certainly hope Iceman is here.
He's been my main man since X-Men Legends 1.
Unfortunately, I feel like Cyclops & Colossus may be the only remaining X-Men reveals. Iceman would have been in that family photo if he was gonna be in the base game (DLC is a possibility, though). Not to mention that MUA3 is already the biggest roster in MUA history with a few more reveals that we'll probably get at E3 (likely the Inhumans, or at least Black Bolt & Medusa, considering that Crystal is already playable).

Oct 25, 2017
What if Samus and Link were Switch exclusives this time around? D:
1558053500527.jpg
Hah, had this discussion yesterday. Between Tekken, Bayonetta, etc, Nintendo is clearly up for crossovers/collaborations, but I wonder if Disney would give their OK. Some alternate costumes are probably a safer bet either way.

That was a real bullshit because it did not matter if you rescued Nightcrawler or Jean Grey, the death of either of them led to a different bad ending.

The good ending could only be achieved by buying Magneto's DLC because he could save both at the same time.
what
Didn't know about Magneto saving both lol

It's a fucking shame how messy MUA1 versions are - and how you can't legally acquire a definitive one nowadays. I'm just glad I was able to glitch Moon Knight in the PSP :V

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I feel like Cyclops & Colossus may be the only remaining X-Men reveals. Iceman would have been in that family photo if he was gonna be in the base game (DLC is a possibility, though). Not to mention that MUA3 is already the biggest roster in MUA history with a few more reveals that we'll probably get at E3 (likely the Inhumans, or at least Black Bolt & Medusa, considering that Crystal is already playable).
You know he doesn't get brought up much as a game candidate but Gorgon would be a rocking inhuman rep
[image]
250px-Gorgon_%28Inhuman%29.jpg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I wonder if Crystal will be part of an F4 roster, considering she has had periods as a member of the team. (Although so has Medusa.)

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
What if Samus and Link were Switch exclusives this time around? D:
1558053500527.jpg
Sorry to burst the bubble, but an interview just came out that seems to suggest this is unlikely.

Does give hope for villains, though, cross-posting from the main MUA3 thread:

~25 minute interview with Bill Rosemann on the latest GI Show.

Talks about the Marvel Gamerverse a bit, which even Bill seems a bit confused about describing.

Says that they're treating UA3 like a fresh start of a game since so much time has passed since the predecessors (hence, different race Nick Fury).

Gameplay and story drive character selection (like every other Marvel game), with attempts to think of characters that pair in "twos, or threes, or fours." He asks about playable villains, says he can't talk about that right now. When asked if F4 are off the table for licensing reasons, he says "anything is possible in the Marvel universe."

Seems to suggest that there won't be Nintendo tie-ins.

He says a lot of his job is to make sure that characters are authentically Marvel. Us MvC fans crine

Santini

Oct 25, 2017

I had to look this up, and it seems that this was only in the modded original PC version (added by the modders who put the non-available characters to begin with), and not in the originals or remasters.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You know he doesn't get brought up much as a game candidate but Gorgon would be a rocking inhuman rep
250px-Gorgon_%28Inhuman%29.jpg
Gorgon would be interesting. But if I had to guess, Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Ms. Marvel, & maybe Quake would be plenty of Inhuman representation given how large the roster already is.

Oct 25, 2017
Crystal being in kinda sucks tbh, since she can "substitute" any elemental powered character.

At least Super Skrull in MvC3 fucking ruled.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Sorry to burst the bubble, but an interview just came out that seems to suggest this is unlikely.

Does give hope for villains, though, cross-posting from the main MUA3 thread:

Even if that puts the kibosh on any Nintendo/KT guest characters, I still hope they may consider Nintendo/KT-themed costumes. As I've said before, the possibilities for costumes would be endless, and it would still play up to everything this particular collaboration is all about.

I can already imagine the likes of Psylocke wearing one of Ayane's outfit, for example, while Storm could be rocking Alma (Xenoblade X)'s colors.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was official, weird.

Same here. This YouTuber had similar thoughts, until he played the remasters.

I've only played through MUA1 once without mods. Can't seem to play the game again without them (I love having the options). Currently going through a modded PSP version as I never finished that one back then. Not only does it have the exclusive Ronin, Black Widow, and Captain Marvel (and Hawkeye), the mod adds in Moon Knight and Colossus (both exclusive to 360/PS3/Wii), and a bunch of other features.

In this case, since Magneto isn't in the PSP version, if you want to rescue both Jean Grey and Nightcrawler, you have to use Invisible Woman.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I
Even if that puts the kibosh on any Nintendo/KT guest characters, I still hope they may consider Nintendo/KT-themed costumes. As I've said before, the possibilities for costumes would be endless, and it would still play up to everything this particular collaboration is all about.

I can already imagine the likes of Psylocke wearing one of Ayane's outfit, for example, while Storm could be rocking Alma (Xenoblade X)'s colors.
i rather they just stick to marvel costumes.

Bionic-Boost

May 12, 2018
Mag freakin' Neto and possibly the juggernaut b!tch?

Granted they were both in ultimate alliance 2 but always good to see more X-Men.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Magik would be so rad, especially if she goes Darkchilde sometimes. For those not familiar, she's like this demon queen who grew up in Hell Limbo and took over the place after her mutant powers came in. After finally returning, she became a super hard ass New Mutant/X-Men member who's almost too much for them. And occasionally she loses control and has a secondary "mode", a little like Danvers going Binary.

6c67a51d75959db69d0af0846a107cd8.jpg