• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
You really wonder how they fucked up so much on the sequels. Rewatching the Blu-ray now. And it's sad that reading this future just made an even worse future in Logan. Thought they'd finally get a happy ending. Think this is a top five comic book film. At least top ten.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the movie tricked me into thinking it was good because of the circumstances surrounding it.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Days of Future Past and First Class were pretty good. Then they somehow fucked up Apocalypse. Haven't seen Dark Phoenix yet and I kind of don't want to.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I liked parts of it. Logan was awesome, Quicksilver was a nice little novelty, the future scenes were brutal.

The Mystique focus is weird, budget made Beast human again for most of it, and the entire climax sucks. The Sentinels suck, Magneto's nonsensical hacking of said Sentinels sucks, Mystique not killing the President falls flat, and I literally don't remember anything else, which really says it all.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it had decent moments but they made magneto so powerful it was unbelievable he could ever be defeated, forgot Quicksilver existed for the finale and the future sentinels were so ridiculously powerful it was completely unbelievable that anyone survived them. Singer had no clue what to do with sentinels and it showed. Plus it was boring.

At least Apocalypse was entertaining and goofy. First class was great though.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
I liked parts of it. Logan was awesome, Quicksilver was a nice little novelty, the future scenes were brutal.

The Mystique focus is weird, budget made Beast human again for most of it, and the entire climax sucks. The Sentinels suck, Magneto's nonsensical hacking of said Sentinels sucks, Mystique not killing the President falls flat, and I literally don't remember anything else, which really says it all.

This is how I feel.

Everything to do with the Sentinels in the past was bad and the Mystique focus did nothing for me. The end fight with the sentinels at the white house was bad too.

Everything else was pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember loving it as much as X2 when it came out. I haven't seen it since and I'm wondering if I'll end up hating it on a rewatch.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I also really enjoyed it. Unlike other X-Men films, I thought the premise was well executed in an organized and very entertaining way. Jennifer Lawrence is a bad actor, but so is Page, Hoult, and Peters.

Stewart, McKellen, Jackman, McAvoy, and Fassbender more than pick up the slack.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
The beginning was nice
But then it turned into the same 4 characters show again
Not good

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
The comic was fantastic, the movie was awful garbage. Singer should be fucking ashamed for slapping DoFP on that piece of shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Low key enjoyed the "time travel" shit in DOFP more than Endgame.
I agree with this. The way Beast explains how time travel works in this (Star Trek!) is so much simpler and concise than EG.

Also to me this and Logan are the proper ending to the the Fox series of films. Apocalypse and DP are more like Scrubs The New Class.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I considered it a passable "apology" for X3 and Origins... but then they kept making more, and indeed Logan (which everyone else seems to love) makes it all the more pointless if one were to count it.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're in an MCU fanboy forum, OP. You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone here that this is the top-tier comic book film that it is.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I really would've wanted to have seen Vaughn's version (which would've been the THIRD movie in the trilogy):
That's one of the reasons I didn't continue, because they didn't listen to me. My plan was "First Class," then second film was new young Wolverine in the 70's to continue those characters, my version of the X-Men. So you'd really get to know all of them, and my finale was gonna be "Days of Future Past." That was gonna be my number three where you bring them all… because what's bigger than bringing in McKellen and Michael and Stewart and James and bringing them all together? When I finished the "Days of Future Past" script with it ready to go I looked at it and said, "I really think it would be fun to cast Tom Hardy or someone as the young Wolverine and then bring it all together at the end." Fox read "Days of Future Past" and went "Oh, this is too good! We're doing it now!" And I said, "Well what do you do next? Trust me you've got nowhere to go." Then they did "Apocalypse" and it's like… If you flip that 'round even it would have been better. Hollywood doesn't understand pacing. Their executives are driving 100 miles-per-hour looking in the rear-view mirror and not understanding why they crash.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
"They kept making more and Logan was sad" doesn't change the quality of the film itself.
And I don't see it as being all that different from most other Fox X-Men movies, up to and including most mutants being an excuse to show off cool powers rather than getting enough focus to be considered actual characters. And nowhere did I say Logan being sad was its problem.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people really soured on it after a while.
I liked it but yeah, when you see someone else point out it's flaws it really seems like it has more problems than you thought. The focus on Jennifer Lawrence was my biggest problem with it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Don't like it tbh. Loved First Class when it came out but DoFP didn't grab me at all. I don't like any of the Singer X-Men movies.

Same. It's such a shame that First Class has little Singer involvement, does well, so let's Bring Singer Back happens and basically shits over the ending setup for First Class to do a reboot for his movies instead.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Jennifer Lawrence being the focus is so damn reactionary it's insane. Fox was like, "We have an Oscar winning actress in our franchise? Let's make it about her!"

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Jennifer Lawrence being the focus is so damn reactionary it's insane. Fox was like, "We have an Oscar winning actress in our franchise? Let's make it about her!"

Then they made her the X-Men team leader....like wtf. Dont even give a shit about the source material you just want the biggest stars front and center

And they were using different system then end game.

The time travel stuff in Endgame was seeded 5 years prior and built up to brilliantly. DOFP time travel made no sense and was just this last minute convenience factor made up so they could have Wolverine in the spotlight yet again

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Singer got you fooled into thinking it was a good X-Men movie. Don't feel bad though, it took folks a while to catch on to his buffoonery.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have mixed feelings on The Dark Knight, especially on rewatch.
Same. Loved it when I saw it at the theatre then less so when it came out in Blu-ray.
But it's extremely popular on here and everywhere else. A lot put it at the top of best comic book movies still.