• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Well thats still great! I'm a littIe behind on Laura, haven't read X-men Red or the new X23 run and just finished Taylors All new wolverine last month.
Angel went back in time and I don't even think Laura noticed.
Reading All New Wolverine made me think Tom Taylor was doing everything in his power to not involve angel in her life besides being a convenient assist.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay realtalk, when was the last time the main, flagship X-Men book was any good? Because by my count it was 1997 when Joe Kelly was writing.

I wanted to read X-Men Red but I figured it was going to get cancelled pretty much immediately. Can't have anything so interesting as "what if Jean was the leader" last.
Before Second Coming

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone mentioned that Nate Grey had sex with a woman that was genetically his mother?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all eventually gotta come up with something other than "lets murder all the Mutants" again.

Shit just make the X-Men full time cosmic if you wanna fuck around with the status quo. Just stop going back to this old well and hoping you hit gold.

Plus doing the dumbass time travel stuff again, smh.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
But Wolverine's claws can now... get HOT!

How could anyone not be thrilled?
Urggggah....

Anyone mentioned that Nate Grey had sex with a woman that was genetically his mother?
Y'know, I got outta Marvel around the time of Onslaught. Too many "world ending events" one after another. While liked it, sometimes I wish I had the mutant powers to go back in time and prevent Marvel from making the Age of Apocalypse arc ...

Y'all eventually gotta come up with something other than "lets murder all the Mutants" again.

Shit just make the X-Men full time cosmic if you wanna fuck around with the status quo. Just stop going back to this old well and hoping you hit gold.

Yeah, just stop with the super big culling of characters. I don't honestly don't care if there are millions of mutants, you don't have to do anything with them, and you definitely don't have to kill them. Just stick to more intimate stories. Start weening off the "big world crisis"/"mass extinction" events. Everybody wants to write "Dark Phoenix Saga" without earning it. Everybody seems to be jumping at the opportunity to make the next "House of M". Maybe focus on something more intimate. Something more personal. There can be action, and stakes, and loss, but ground yourself, Marvel. Ground yourself before you start coming up with yet another apocalyptic event.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
This is clearly a lie. Marvel's writers and editors are the greatest X-Men Villains.

article quote said:
If X-Man can access all of Legion's powers, he could theoretically be as strong as cosmic heavy hitters like the Phoenix Force or Galactus.

I dunno why this one line makes me laugh so hard. "HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL EVER!" "HE'LL BE AS STRONG AS COSMIC CHARACTERS MAYBE!"

Maggott is forever.

*Breathes in*

Okay so basically it all started when Cyclops was possessed the Phoenix Force, which turned him into an all powerful deity who naturally lost control and tried to blow up the world, ultimately ending up with the rebirth of the Mutant race. He was arrested despite the entire event being the Avengers' fault and then he became a fugitive out to save Mutants who were under attack.

And then after the Secret Wars event Cyclops was presumed killed in action with tons of veiled comments about "what he did" and in some cases explicit comparisons to Hitler. See Black Bolt of the Inhumans unleashed the Terrigan Mist onto the world (without anyone's knowledge or consent) which turned out to be sterilizing and fatally poisonous to Mutants, and Cyclops wasn't having any of that shit. He marched on the Inhumans but was poisoned and killed by the Mists and Emma Frost created a psychic vision convincing everyone that Cyclops was killed by Black Bolt.

So now he's back and we don't know why.

Ah I remember the whole Phoenix Five/Hope saga...I thought he did something major afterwards. Good times, good times.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
With all the mini-series spawning out of this status quo, I'm getting vibes that this is a Spider-Verse style event but for X-Men.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when's the event when the X-Men pop out of the glowing hole in the sky just in time to defeat "Apocalyptar, the mighty master", Q2 or Q3 this year?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Who said anything about time travel

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why this one line makes me laugh so hard. "HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL EVER!" "HE'LL BE AS STRONG AS COSMIC CHARACTERS MAYBE!"

Ah I remember the whole Phoenix Five/Hope saga...I thought he did something major afterwards. Good times, good times.
X-Man is already as strong as cosmic characters. X-Man is just an unshackled Cable, and unshackled Cable survived more than 26 seconds fighting Silver Surfer solo.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel do like alternate reality stuff.
Let see what alternate shenanigans those disappeared X-men will do

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I like how Sage knew her place and Nope'd out of the telepathic care bear stare to find something more suitable to do

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I know Disney has or will have the X-Men movie rights back but it was funny a real life corporation banned them because they couldn't directly make money off of mutants

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Dark beast ended up coming back in one of the inhuman books with literally no explanation as to how that happened.

Hah, I don't read Inhumans :P (Actually, I'm surprised anyone actually does...)

At any rate, I just read Uncanny and... it honestly wasn't that surprising. I can draw parallels between this and, say, the recent Infinity event where everyone's drawn into the Soul Stone so they can publish a few new minis.

They really need to get better writers on the X-Men books though.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Also if I'm not mistaken Franklin is depowered now for "reasons"

No, not depowered. His abilities just appear to be taxed (and may run out eventually) because he's been rebuilding the multiverse for years.

Regardless he's still not the strongest individual in the multiverse, or even the strongest mutant. There are a few past his level.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Isn't this the 4th time they've done this plot? I continue to be glad I don't read X-Men as its own series.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this was a waste of time and doesn't help the X line is kinda fucked for the time being, the only book worth a shit right now is Mr and Mrs. X.

I'm so done with the X Men are hunted down despite the fact the Avengers and other have powers.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
No, not depowered. His abilities just appear to be taxed (and may run out eventually) because he's been rebuilding the multiverse for years.

Regardless he's still not the strongest individual in the multiverse, or even the strongest mutant. There are a few past his level.
Jamie Braddock, Matthew Malloy, Jim Jaspers, and Clyde Wincham are all mutants more powerful than Franklin.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Jamie Braddock, Matthew Malloy, Jim Jaspers, and Clyde Wincham are all mutants more powerful than Franklin.

Those are basically the ones i was thinking of, but theres a one-off mutant named "Miranda" that shows up in the Worst Xman Ever miniseries.

Her power is complete control of marvel continuity. She's the reason Tony Stark is still in his 30s despite being created around the time of the korean war, shes the one that keeps the original 5 xmen around since the 60s with a sliding timeline, she's the one that brought Bucky back as Winter Soldier, shes the one that replaced Nick Fury with a better one that looks like Samuel L Jackson. Shes not from 616 but is obviously aware of the multiverse and roams around in "idea space" when it suits her.

She's saved the world hundreds of times over by rewriting marvel continuity, and has been doing it in real time since 1960.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Those are basically the ones i was thinking of, but theres a one-off mutant named "Miranda" that shows up in the Worst Xman Ever miniseries.

Her power is complete control of marvel continuity. She's the reason Tony Stark is still in his 30s despite being created around the time of the korean war, shes the one that keeps the original 5 xmen around since the 60s with a sliding timeline, she's the one that brought Bucky back as Winter Soldier, shes the one that replaced Nick Fury with a better one that looks like Samuel L Jackson. Shes not from 616 but is obviously aware of the multiverse and roams around in "idea space" when it suits her.

She's saved the world hundreds of times over by rewriting marvel continuity, and has been doing it in real time since 1960.
That shit is debatable. I think Nick Jr is trash.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

That was a GREAT story.

VictoryLap77

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, but this thread definitely got my attention.

I recently decided to sign up for Marvel Unlimited. I know it doesn't have the recent stuff, but could anyone point me to which series or events on there that would help me get my feet wet with some of the stories you all are talking about?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

It just occurred to me that all the WILDLY powerful off the wall characters just have regular names.

Like, theres no problem fighting Apocalypse, Galactus, Cyttorak, Mephisto, or Dormammu...

But everyone shits themselves when "Barry" shows up to throw down

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, but this thread definitely got my attention.

I recently decided to sign up for Marvel Unlimited. I know it doesn't have the recent stuff, but could anyone point me to which series or events on there that would help me get my feet wet with some of the stories you all are talking about?

I don't even know how to address this. X-Men history is so vast and complex and entangled that I don't really know of a good starting point. I started reading back during Inferno. There's great runs like New X-Men by Morrison but I feel even that is dependent on Chris Claremont's epic run prior to that.