• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nah, there is a difference between hyping up and event and not meeting expectations, and then completely missing the mark and crushing people excited for the event like they did.

MS got people excited like a person saying they will buy everyone in the office something to eat and then ends up handing out granola bars. You would be the guy saying ¨They promised you something to eat and that is what you got¨ lol ;P.

People are "crushed" by this event? "Crushed"??

I don't know what I would even say to those people.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, there is a difference between hyping up and event and not meeting expectations, and then completely missing the mark and crushing people excited for the event like they did.

MS got people excited like a person saying they will buy everyone in the office something to eat and then ends up handing out granola bars. You would be the guy saying ¨They promised you something to eat and that is what you got¨ lol ;P.
The show was definitely boring, but how you feel afterwards depends on how excited you are about any of the announcements they made with MS acquiring InXile and Obsidian being big ones that show people MS's continued investment in their future first party and setting themselves up nicely for next gen.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was really expecting ms to announce a new Xbox, disappointing because it now means ps5 is farther then I expected was hoping a new Xbox would mean ps5 is 2019.

Oct 27, 2017
Just intetested in which studios microsoft should be buying?

Anyone thinking Microsoft would mention Scarlett here is off their rocker. You got what you needed from Phil when he said, along the lines "we releases the most powerful games console in Xbox one x, something we will continue to do in the future"

That's all I needed to hear. The next Xbox will be more powerful than ps5 and the Xbox will continue to be my third party machine.

Reading this thread and it's tough to see such negativity. Expected I guess.

Making a lot of assumptions in this post. Also, it's possibly ro like something and still be critical of it. It wasn't a good event period.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why people think MS couldn't mention something about Scarlett at the show.

They already mentioned it during E3, might as well give a little hint during X018

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
That wasnt a conference, it was a 2 hour commercial for game pass. So boring and the overenthustiastic crowd put me off, they went crazy with the smallest info

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How dare the crowd be excited and noisy!

Sometimes this site resembles the comments page of a tabloid newspaper.

The crowd were great. The show needed atmosphere and they gave it one.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Making a lot of assumptions in this post. Also, it's possibly ro like something and still be critical of it. It wasn't a good event period.

What are the lot of assumptions? the Phil thing? I pretty much quoted what he said. It's totally fine in you thinking it wasn't a good event.

I didn't think it was that bad TBH, I've seen plenty of worst shows.

If people take issue with the crowd, you be the ones to go and tell them not to be excited. It was fans of the product, deal with it. This sites is something else, sometimes.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I missed everything, sounds like there weren't any game announcements? Kind of thought they'd tease Fable

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
A bunch of games come to GamePass:

gfkmb7050lx11.png

- PUBG coming to Game Pass, Nov 12th.
- Crackdown 3 trailer, new mode announced (2v2), Feb 15
- Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice coming to GamePass, Dec 17
- FF7,9,10,10-2,12 and the entire 13 Trilogy, all coming to Xbox One Backwards Compatible, also X Enhanced.
- Void Bastards, made by the dev of Bioshock announced.
- Sea of Thieves: The Arena announced. A competitive mode, free DLC announced.
- New Trailer for Just Cause 4
- Free Content coming to Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Metro Exodus Collectors Edition Announced
- 14 Games announced compatibility with Mouse and Keyboard, biggest title being Fortnite
- Practice Mode coming to DMC 5
- Minecraft announces Cats and Pandas coming.
- Forza DLC announced, Fortune Island, Thunder and Lighting Storms apart of the DLC.
- Microsoft announces they have acquired 2 MORE exclusive studios, adding to a total of 13 Microsoft Exclusive Studios. 5 were already announced at E3, this brings to the total of 7 this year alone.
- These two studios are inXile Entertainment (Wasteland, The Bards Tale) and Obsidian Entertainment (Fallout 4: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity)
- Black Friday Deals announced
- State of Decay 2: Zedhunter DLC announced (along with 2019 Content being teased).
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer: Winnie the Pooh returns to Kingdom Hearts
- Battlefield V Trailer
Good list, there's also winter of arcade announced, with the full list being revealed at TGA.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
The next Xbox will be more powerful than ps5 and the Xbox will continue to be my third party machine.

Reading this thread and it's tough to see such negativity. Expected I guess.

Can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers please? I mean phil has said lots of things. Sure the X is a more powerful machine. Its also more $ and a year later. But this means it will be more powerful?

And Tough? They hyped an event to the max. I upgraded to an X thinking here we go finally maybe back to the awesome 360 days. For nothing. Whole lot of nothing. And i completely understand why people are pissed at majors tweet. It is so misleading. Completely rewinds to 2013.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Pathologic 2 on game pass certainly is a surprise.

I am excited as hell for that game and the original is in my top 10 but... for the average person? That's certainly one way to get people to step out of their comfort zone and try something new, I suppose.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The only complaint I had was how much the Mixer stream was delayed. Switched over to Twitch in the first hour.

Seriously tho. I feel someone should create a thread about it.

What the heck have they done to that platform? They killed it with their "Season 2". The app is unresponsive as fuck, button presses are delayed as hell and it is hanging all the time while trying to navigate. Going into full screen is still so fiddly and now chats are infested with pictures and animations and stuff flying all over the screen. Who the fuck asked for this?
Also the stream was freezing all the time and I never had these problems before. It's absolute garbage now.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I slept through it and had low expectations... I'm not disappointed per se, but nothing really excited me except Obsidian/inXile. And looking at Lionhead and Rare, everyone should be very wait and see on those fronts.

Its Dead Jim

Jan 11, 2018
Ceti Alpha V
Can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers please? I mean phil has said lots of things. Sure the X is a more powerful machine. Its also more $ and a year later. But this means it will be more powerful?

And Tough? They hyped an event to the max. I upgraded to an X thinking here we go finally maybe back to the awesome 360 days. For nothing. Whole lot of nothing. And i completely understand why people are pissed at majors tweet. It is so misleading. Completely rewinds to 2013.
Did they though? They confirmed it was an Inside Xbox show, literally tweeted out a list of what would be shown, including "a few suprises".

What we got was an Inside Xbox show where they showed everything they said they would. We had a few suprises, Ori 2 on Game Pass at launch, FF XIII enhanced BC, inXile acquisition and Obsidian (was only a rumour before).

It's fine to be disappointed or to not have enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit too long and was disappointed not to see Below or Ashen for example.

But to say MS "hyped it to the max" is disingenuous at best. I mean there are people in here suggested they expected Scarlett or new First Party reveals. Most of the unrealistic hype was created in here, dispite multiple posters hinting people should temper expectations a little.

I expected Inside Xbox and I got Inside Xbox, for all the good and bad that entails.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Did they though? They confirmed it was an Inside Xbox show, literally tweeted out a list of what would be shown, including "a few suprises".

What we got was an Inside Xbox show where they showed everything they said they would. We had a few suprises, Ori 2 on Game Pass at launch, FF XIII enhanced BC, inXile acquisition and Obsidian (was only a rumour before).

It's fine to be disappointed or to not have enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit too long and was disappointed not to see Below or Ashen for example.

But to say MS "hyped it to the max" is disingenuous at best. I mean there are people in here suggested they expected Scarlett or new First Party reveals. Most of the unrealistic hype was created in here, dispite multiple posters hinting people should temper expectations a little.

I expected Inside Xbox and I got Inside Xbox, for all the good and bad that entails.

Yeah my hype came mostly from here. But was cemented by major nelsons tweet. In hindsight i get it, but his tweet was written in such a way that he knew what he was doing.

I wasnt expecting scarlett though. But i did want great first party games. At a fan event such as PSX, i dont think thats unreasonable

Its Dead Jim

Jan 11, 2018
Ceti Alpha V
Yeah my hype came mostly from here. But was cemented by major nelsons tweet. In hindsight i get it, but his tweet was written in such a way that he knew what he was doing.

I wasnt expecting scarlett though. But i did want great first party games. At a fan event such as PSX, i dont think thats unreasonable
When the announced it as an X0 event people got ideas it would be like the early X0's (Project Ego reveal, Xbox Live, Halo 2, Mass Effect etc...). But those shows were to build excitement for the OG box and moving into 360 whilst MS was trying to build a foothold in the console space.

That has all changed now, the priority for MS at this point 'between gens' is to build interest in Game Pass. The more people buying into GP leading into a new generation the more people will remain in the X ecosystem and hopefully buy the new console.

That is shown with the studio acquisitions (building a library of all types of games to feed into GP, not just AAA types), and focus on hyping up new entries. And as soon as they confirmed the outgoing presentation of the FanFest would be an Inside Xbox episode then expectations should be set accordingly.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
DrrU5MfV4AA2B98

Hola amigos! sorry I was not able to post much today I was very busy I will try to post more tomorrow and at the end I will post tons of content I promise

P.S I was the guy with the Titanfall cosplay :D

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The whole hype culture is flawed.

If a publisher releases three AAA games a year, they can't announce more than three a year. It's really that simple. The more of these events a year take place, the weaker they will all be.

I really think a single blow out at E3 and quarterly 'directs' is the correct approach at this point.

Right now it's even worse, because Sony and MS are prevented from announcing games because they're for platforms they haven't announced yet.

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
The Forza Horizon 4 add on and Crackdown 3 look like a lot of fun. Rest was a snoozefest except the Black Friday ad. And Xbox needs to stop aquiring b tier studios.
B tier studios that have the potential to be AAA studios with Microsofts backing.

Not all these studios will be churning out AAA constantly anyway, they will want a steady stream of games for Game Pass.

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe people thought that this was going to be any more than what we got.

I don't really like the format of the inside xbox shows but I was happy with the announcements. Anytime there are new studios and game pass games coming then I'm happy.

And crackdown 3 has me intrigued but I need to see more.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DrrU5MfV4AA2B98

Hola amigos! sorry I was not able to post much today I was very busy I will try to post more tomorrow and at the end I will post tons of content I promise

P.S I was the guy with the Titanfall cosplay :D
Oh wow, I kept telling everyone on discord that we were going to get a Titanfall 3 teaser due to this guy wearing the Titanfall 2 headgear. LOL.

Nice cosplay either way!

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
How faked was the crowd and how much have they told you what to chant?

They simply told us at the beginning to be loud and that the most passionate fan will win a t shirt, I won it I will post it tomorrow

Oh wow, I kept telling everyone on discord that we were going to get a Titanfall 3 teaser due to this guy wearing the Titanfall 2 headgear. LOL.

Nice cosplay either way!

Hahaha that would have been amazing we really need a third game and thank you :) I will post more pics tomorrow

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Games being announced at PS conferences.

I must say that there is a bit of a difference between the reactions expected to games like Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, the re-imagined God of War and games like Kindom Hearts 3 and gamepass games. Similarly, Zelda, Metroid etc will get similar pops.

It's great that there is a level of excitement at the events, but I must say I've been more suspicious of hypemen or directed celebration at Microsoft's events. I remember watching the Xbox One reveal event and that had people clapping Kinect and whooping for it. Very bizarre!

This event wasn't to my gaming tastes (Don't currently own an Xbox One and haven't done gaming subscriptions yet), but I did expect at least a couple of new game announcements or showings of the big boys. I was most curious about the direction of their new studios as I'm mostly a single player gamer.

The event could have lasted 45 minutes to an hour, but sadly, like has been mentioned before, it was a huge gamepass ad.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Ok I reaaaallly don't mean to be rude, but all this sounds like it could've been done via twitter? However gamepass continues to be outrageous value.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I must say that there is a bit of a difference between the reactions expected to games like Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian, the re-imagined God of War and games like Kindom Hearts 3 and gamepass games. Similarly, Zelda, Metroid etc will get similar pops.

It's great that there is a level of excitement at the events, but I must say I've been more suspicious of hypemen or directed celebration at Microsoft's events. I remember watching the Xbox One reveal event and that had people clapping Kinect and whooping for it. Very bizarre!

This event wasn't to my gaming tastes (Don't currently own an Xbox One and haven't done gaming subscriptions yet), but I did expect at least a couple of new game announcements or showings of the big boys. I was most curious about the direction of their new studios as I'm mostly a single player gamer.

The event could have lasted 45 minutes to an hour, but sadly, like has been mentioned before, it was a huge gamepass ad.

1. Kinect was quite popular and quite well liked for a large section of gamers.

2. Gamepass is a brilliant service. There's nothing 'sad' about them putting focus on upselling the service.

Not everyone has your own taste in gaming. For example, I know many people who would have been hard pressed to cheer for Shenmue 3, for example.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
My take on it all was the team did another good 'show' but it was nothing but a two hour advert for Gamepass.
I also got the same feeling as with E3,they will have everything ready for Xbox two.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
That has all changed now, the priority for MS at this point 'between gens' is to build interest in Game Pass. The more people buying into GP leading into a new generation the more people will remain in the X ecosystem and hopefully buy the new console.
I think GamePass is the end game, not the next gen Xbox. If xCloud provides a decent experience and all people need to get into gaming is to buy a controller and have an immediate access to hundred they could have theoretically the same reach Netflix does.

However, competition on the gaming front is going to be a lot fiercer than the relative monopoly Netflix is enjoying, so MS needs to act quickly.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
They simply told us at the beginning to be loud and that the most passionate fan will win a t shirt, I won it I will post it tomorrow

Hahaha that would have been amazing we really need a third game and thank you :) I will post more pics tomorrow

It looked like alot of fun there. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

I think it's best you don't read through this thread. Especially the posts during the event.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Kinect was quite popular and quite well liked for a large section of gamers.

2. Gamepass is a brilliant service. There's nothing 'sad' about them putting focus on upselling the service.

Not everyone has your own taste in gaming. For example, I know many people who would have been hard pressed to cheer for Shenmue 3, for example.

You are taking this too personally. I didn't say selling gamepass was sad.

Also, I don't care about Shenmue and never said I did. That point was to illustrate the difference in what is to be expected by revealing a long-awaited and 'dream' game for many, and people fist popping and cheering some nice, but mostly bang average gamepass games.

As a British gamer, the event was very American (as to be expected, really). We don't get that many in your face advertisements over here in our programming. Difference in cultures really, which is why the gamepass stuff stood out for me as I felt it was a bit over the top.

Also, while Kinect was popular, I believe it was proved that there was a lot of Microsoft employees at that event. Watch it back. I really can't imagine people cheering at some of that stuff, regardless of how much like liked Kinect.

I had expected a bit more from this event, seeing as Sony basically gave Microsoft an open goal for the second half of the year.