• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Need quite a bit more convincing in terms of AAA single player games though, which is huge deal for a lot of people. It has been a massive hole for them all gen. Haven't seen much for 2020 to change that beyond Halo.

Possibly. Or like Nintendo they might be differentiating. Fill the year with interesting AA games and PC Centric stuff like Flight Sim and AOE and they'll print money. It's not as if they'll ever tell people how many consoles they sell ever again. They look like dropping one mega budget game a year I think, based on studio activity so far. Maybe two at tops. Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable/Ninja Theory/Initiative.

But suck in enough GP content from 3rd parties and people will still sub. If people buy PS5/Xbox consoles in the same ratio next gen with those PS5 buyers going there for one genre of game then sub XGP to dabble with occasional things they like and play through Xcloud MS are really really happy. They'll make a ton of cash.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I hope Ninja Theory goes the DmC route instead if Hellblade 2. With these small projects out of the way I hope MS gives NT and Obsidian a chance to make big budget new IPs, we know Initiative is working on one already.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Ninja Theory goes the DmC route instead if Hellblade 2. With these small projects out of the way I hope MS gives NT and Obsidian a chance to make big budget new IPs, we know Initiative is working on one already.

I really hope there isn't a sequel to HB. It's a one and done IP. Maybe more games set in the world with different characters, but not a direct sequel.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao not sure how many controllers they had allocates for the morning session today but the first 5 people went in and they were gone already. Coincidentally eBay is full of controllers with inflated prices atm.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to watching this, none of the games they announced really resonated with me unfortunately. I do really like what they're doing with Gamepass but I'd be more excited if they had 100% of the titles on PC as well as Xbox, since I'm leaning towards not picking up Scarlet at the moment.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
For the life of me I don't understand why anyone wants a sequel to Ryse. Just take the good ideas and make a spiritual successor that doesn't have the tainted IP name. Even then I really don't know if it would move the needle for most people.