• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Show will end with a teaser for KOTOR 3 by Obsidian in partnership with EA. No, but that be something lol.

Hoping for iOS news for xcloud. Not expecting anything on Scarlett but that be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda interesting that they are going to have new reveals instead of just saving it all for the Scarlett blowout, but I guess you can't really have an event like this without showing some new games.

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 would be a great get

Will be years before we see a new game or remake if Microsoft decided to greenlight something in response to the positive reception to Banjo in Smash. Banjo ports to Switch are possible, but that wouldn't be at an Xbox event.

Maybe they'll announce a remastered collection of Kazooie and Tooie, we'll have days/weeks of "WHEN'S IT COMING TO SWITCH?!" and then the Switch port is announced on the next Nintendo Direct?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's entirely possible that MS would announce a BK remake for Xbox, PC and Switch at the same time.
They wound not announce it for Switch during an Xbox event. Also if it did release on Switch, and that's a big if, it likely would release 6 months to a year after the Xbox/PC version releases.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, we will see what Obsidian has cooking and see more of Wasteland 3. I will be very happy with a Pillars of Eternity 3 announcement, but I will lose my goddamn mind if they give me a spiritual successor to Alpha Protocol. Hell, if Sawyer gets that historical CRPG he has been dreaming of I will be very happy.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They wound not announce it for Switch during an Xbox event. Also if it did release on Switch, and that's a big if, it likely would release 6 months to a year after the Xbox/PC version releases.
You say that but I don't think there's any reason to believe that.

Xbox isn't just consoles to MS anymore. If they can get Banjo on Switch with Xbox Live support, then they're gonna do it.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You say that but I don't think there's any reason to believe that.

Xbox isn't just consoles to MS anymore. If they can get Banjo on Switch with Xbox Live support, then they're gonna do it.
There is no precedent for it. In fact, there's no reason for you to believe they would announce a Switch release during a Xbox event or release it at the same time.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These numbered lists I know are a favorite of Microsoft's marketing, but I feel like they almost always lead to disappointment

I know what you mean. The lists are always technically correct, but I imagine the good majority of these 12 games will already have been things people have had some time to make their mind up on if they're interested in the game or not.

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
Yes but Xbox has Mouse and Keyboard Support. So I dont really get why they dont give you the option for games that dont work with a Controller.
I think that they are not going to make games for Xbox which require an additional peripheral and can't be played with what's bundled with the console. Because it would lead to some people buying the game and then finding out that they can't play it just because they don't have a mouse and keyboard.
Text size and inventory management? Cant imagine that would be fun on the couch.
It's not a problem actually if they adapt the game for console.
Project xCloud (streaming from the cloud) still requires an invite, and you still need to register in order to get an invite in the future.
Console streaming (streaming from your console) is now available to all insiders in the US and UK.
What exactly is the reasoning behind locking down this feature to just US and UK if you stream from your console? As far as I know, the competition already has such feature and it doesn't have such restriction because you only need the console itself to stream the games from it. What is the possibility of this feature having a very slow rollout and lots of different markets not having it at all?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think that they are not going to make games for Xbox which require an additional peripheral and can't be played with what's bundled with the console. Because it would lead to some people buying the game and then finding out that they can't play it just because they don't have a mouse and keyboard.

It's not a problem actually if they adapt the game for console.

What exactly is the reasoning behind locking down this feature to just US and UK if you stream from your console? As far as I know, the competition already has such feature and it doesn't have such restriction because you only need the console itself to stream the games from it. What is the possibility of this feature having a very slow rollout and lots of different markets not having it at all?
They are rolling out xCloud just like any cloud service. It will hit more markets soon enough.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for some gamepass shadow drops. They usually add new games on Thursday anyway

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Game Pass related: E3 had Metro Exodus, Gamescom had DMC5, X0 has ??
I'm really hoping for MK11 to join the service. Division 2 would also be a pretty neat get for the service.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Game pass looking fantastic.
ssq837jvubv31.jpg
hard pass on all of those except for Ori

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda interesting that they are going to have new reveals instead of just saving it all for the Scarlett blowout, but I guess you can't really have an event like this without showing some new games.
Well these studios already had games in the pipeline. So it makes sense to show them as they are further along. I expect Scarlett to be focused on halo and other things further out like rares new game and possibly fable

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Maybe they'll announce Minecraft Raytracing Edition for Steam with built-in workshop support for easy management of mods?

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
They are rolling out xCloud just like any cloud service. It will hit more markets soon enough.
I was talking about console streaming not xcloud. There is no need for region restrictions for console streaming.
I doubt Division 2 will come. Ubi has their own service now.
It's PC only. So if they want it to be available via subscription model on a console they should go with game pass