• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The real question is…
Starfield showcase is it will be 3/4 min and call it a day or it will be lengthy one as we all know BGS with fallout 4 & Fallout 76 30-40 minutes .
My best scenario is Starfield will hold 30 minutes as last game will close the show with Todd Howard
My bet is somewhere in the middle: 15-20 minutes at the end of the show (3 minute trailer + 12-15 minute gameplay systems overview), followed by a one more thing cgi teaser of another game.
You have to keep in mind that the FO4 demo has a lot of talking to the audience, pauses for applause, stuff like that. It would be pretty easy to shorten it a little for a showcase without a live audience.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I would kill for a brief Elder Scrolls 6 main theme, logo and title reveal teaser.

Music is one of the first things being worked on apparently, so it's not too out there to speculate that the main theme has been composed already.
I imagine the main theme is what we heard in the TES VI reveal trailer in 2018. That trailer was essentially what you're describing, just without the title.

I don't think we see TES VI again until the year before release, so around 2025.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeap. Crytek is all looks and zero substance., their games are so incredibly bland. It's like an incredibly beautiful person, with the most boring personality ever.

Can't really say that i agree.

Far Cry was great for its time.
Crysis is still talked about today
Crysis 2 was fun but flawed
Crysis 3 was fine
Ryse was fine
Hunt is a fantastic game

They're certainly have more to show than just shiny graphics.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
looking forward to seeing Avowed since that's the game I'm excited for. I have been burned on BGS before with Fallout 4 but I do love a good space RPG so I'll definitely be interested what they have to show with Starfield.

Redfall is an Arkane game so that has me curious as well but if it's going to be heavy on co-op like Back 4 Blood or Left 4 Dead then I will probably not be as into it. I want to see a new Wolfenstein too but I wonder if that is even happening.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the main theme is what we heard in the TES VI reveal trailer in 2018. That trailer was essentially what you're describing, just without the title.

I don't think we see TES VI again until the year before release, so around 2025.
I see where you're coming from, but I think that was a "generic" Elder Scrolls theme. It's not really bombastic or epic enough to be the main theme of the next mainline Elder Scrolls game, I think.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I see where you're coming from, but I think that was a "generic" Elder Scrolls theme. It's not really bombastic or epic enough to be the main theme of the next mainline Elder Scrolls game, I think.
It sounded pretty epic and bombastic to me, haha. All I'm saying is, the Starfield trailer in 2018 had the music which we now know to be the main theme, so it wouldn't surprise me if the same is true for TES VI. I presume it's Inon Zur as well.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
How long will it be? I hope it's a blow out. I'm here for Starfield, Redfall, whatever Obsidian decides to showcase, and Contraband. Xbox gas never had a first party this expansive so there is so much they can show.
Did they said it's 90 minutes or is that speculation I read somewhere else?
90 minutes is the duration of the event after you added it to the calendar from the official website.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
The real question is…
Starfield showcase is it will be 3/4 min and call it a day or it will be lengthy one as we all know BGS with fallout 4 & Fallout 76 30-40 minutes .
My best scenario is Starfield will hold 30 minutes as last game will close the show with Todd Howard
If the shows 90m then no way theyll do a 30m demo for one game. My guess is itll be 10m or so and theyll do an extended demo later in a stream or at quakecon or something.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
The real question is…
I wouldn't get your hopes up for an extended demo. At least not during the show itself.

tinyrakan

Banned
Dec 4, 2020
If the shows 90m then no way theyll do a 30m demo for one game. My guess is itll be 10m or so and theyll do an extended demo later in a stream or at quakecon or something.
Yeah that sounds another delay is coming. That would rose a lot of questions about the quality and performance. BGS never done 3-5 minutes to showcase their games

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Yeah that sounds another delay is coming. That would rose a lot of questions about the quality and performance. BGS never done 3-5 minutes to showcase their games
BGS has also never had their showcase combined with a platform holder. BGS E3's would be all to themselves and they could spend as much time as they needed. They don't have that luxury here. If anything, I fully expect a 5-minute gameplay trailer and then an announcement of a deep dive right after the showcase or at a later date.

tinyrakan

Banned
Dec 4, 2020
BGS has also never had their showcase combined with a platform holder. BGS E3's would be all to themselves and they could spend as much time as they needed. They don't have that luxury here. If anything, I fully expect a 5-minute gameplay trailer and then an announcement of a deep dive right after the showcase or at a later date.
Yeah I expect generic trailer as other Xbox trailer and call it day . See you 11.11.22

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Not really. They always had their own showcase so time was never an issue since the entire thing was based around those 30m demoes, now theyre owned by MS and they have too many games to show.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Lol just made it up. I believe Grubb said that they were gonna drop "Fallen Order" in lieu of a new subtitle
Yeah, he also said that he's put the new title out there in some form as a tease, but I haven't seen anyone figure it out yet. My bet is on Star Wars Jedi: Something or Star Wars Jedi II: Something.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I hope that no game gets TOO MUCH time. Starfield getting 15-20 minutes basically means fewer games getting shown. I want every single second of this event maximised to show as much stuff as possible.

Have a deep dive in a post-show event, but don't spend more than 5-10 minutes on it in the show.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that no game gets TOO MUCH time. Starfield getting 15-20 minutes basically means fewer games getting shown. I want every single second of this event maximised to show as much stuff as possible.

Have a deep dive in a post-show event, but don't spend more than 5-10 minutes on it in the show.
I don't understand these concerns. It's not like MS has to stick to a 90-min presentation. They are free to show whatever game they want in whatever length they find adequate. They certainly don't have to cut anything.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't understand these concerns. It's not like MS has to stick to a 90-min presentation. They are free to show whatever game they want in whatever length find adequate.
The calendar invite on the website is a 90 minute outlook meeting so itll prob be about 90 min + 10 min or so max

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
A new Spike Chunsoft game being shown would be pretty cool. They've been porting quite some of their games to Xbox + XGP and Danganronpa 2 was just announced to be coming to Xbox.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand these concerns. It's not like MS has to stick to a 90-min presentation. They are free to show whatever game they want in whatever length they find adequate. They certainly don't have to cut anything.

My comment is based partially on the fact that MS has ALREADY confirmed its only 90 minutes long.

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft has a plethora of things going on that I don't know what they are doing. Honestly, just get the third party stuff out of the way then blow us away with first party stuff for 75% of the show. That's all I want.

Licorice Lain

Dec 4, 2021
You know, with all of the nods to Rare, I am surprised that nobody seems to have mentioned the Goldeneye remaster yet.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2, go for it, Phil!! You can't announce Project Dragon yet so, it's the only chance!

No, seriously, I need that game announced asap and 12th June might be as best a date as there ever could be. They need to show some third party support too.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Almost completely unrelated but my Dyslexia read the title as "Microsoft Studios announces Xenoblade Chronicles X" and I almost fell over.

Crax

May 21, 2018
My bet is somewhere in the middle: 15-20 minutes at the end of the show (3 minute trailer + 12-15 minute gameplay systems overview), followed by a one more thing cgi teaser of another game.
You have to keep in mind that the FO4 demo has a lot of talking to the audience, pauses for applause, stuff like that. It would be pretty easy to shorten it a little for a showcase without a live audience.

Agree with this, and FO4 demo also had 5-10 minutes of Fallout Shelter and the pipboy collector's edition thing too. I could easily see them having the same kind of presentation in 15-20 minutes

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I don't mind longer shows as long as they have substance to show... 2 hours with everything in the pipeline sounds GREAT to me