• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I deleted my doom to test this out and its gone. Do not delete your BC versions of Doom! This likely applies to 2 and 3 as well

Aine

May 27, 2019
Is Bethesda planning more re-releases alongside the Switch versions?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Is Bethesda planning more re-releases alongside the Switch versions?
Could be the case.

I'd hope if they are pulling the 360 XBLA version, they at least intend to honour those purchases for the new version. Still would be kinda shitty to pull the old BC versions though.

Edit: No longer available to purchase from marketplace.xbox.com, either.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Could be the case.

I'd hope if they are pulling the 360 XBLA version, they at least intend to honour those purchases for the new version. Still would be kinda shitty to pull the old BC versions though.

Edit: No longer available to purchase from marketplace.xbox.com, either.

Even if that's the case folk will loose the online features that the new ports apparently lack (at least on Switch).

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I wonder if you bought DOOM 3 BFG on disc if that would allow you to access the 360 versions? I still have my disc.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What? It's not in your Ready to Install list anymore if you delete it from your system? I can see it being gone from the store if you search there but it's definitey not in your list of owned games in Ready to Install?

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I said this in the other thread but I feel it is relevant:

They removed the PS3 version of the Doom Collection (yes the PS3 version which shouldn't affect the PS4 version technically) because they knew it was a much better value because you literally get EVERYTHING classic Doom. That includes the Master Levels, Final Doom, a special episode made from DOOM 2 Xbox version called No Rest for The Living and of course Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Also had online CO OP and deathmatch alongside split screen.

Fuck you Bethesda. Not buying the classic games. Only Doom 3 if the port is good.

Hopefully Sony allows every PS3 game to be playable on PS5 because what we are getting now is a huge downgrade.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Also worth noting that if you know someone who still has the game you can copy it to a USB3.0 flash drive to regain access to the game and copy it back to your machine. Your account should still have permissions to play it (at least going off previous tests).

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I said this in the other thread but I feel it is relevant:

They removed the PS3 version of the Doom Collection (yes the PS3 version which shouldn't affect the PS4 version technically) because they knew it was a much better value because you literally get EVERYTHING classic Doom. That includes the Master Levels, Final Doom, a special episode made from DOOM 2 Xbox version called No Rest for The Living and of course Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Also had online CO OP and deathmatch alongside split screen.

Fuck you Bethesda. Not buying the classic games. Only Doom 3 if the port is good.

Hopefully Sony allows every PS3 game to be playable on PS5 because what we are getting now is a huge downgrade.
Is it still available for download? I had digital versions of Doom 1 and 2 on PS3.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Have you got an announcement of this?
Or has it just dissapeared possibly as a mistake?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
What? It's not in your Ready to Install list anymore if you delete it from your system? I can see it being gone from the store if you search there but it's definitey not in your list of owned games in Ready to Install?

Still has a store listing, but it's just for the Demo (only available on an actually 360, not on Xbox One), and Avatar items.

Up until recently, it was still available to purchase.

Not sure how it looks on an actual Xbox One though.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Is it still available for download? I had digital versions of Doom 1 and 2 on PS3.
I am going to have to check but Sony has never deleted anything from the download list. For example I had Mortal Kombat II years ago before they removed it and it is still there last time I checked.

Will come back in around five minutes and report my findings.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I am going to have to check but Sony has never deleted anything from the download list. For example I had Mortal Kombat II years ago before they removed it and it is still there last time I checked.

There was PT. Not sure about any other examples though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Still has a store listing, but it's just for the Demo (only available on an actually 360, not on Xbox One), and Avatar items.

Up until recently, it was still available to purchase.

Not sure how it looks on an actual Xbox One though.

The console has a separate section for your owned software called Ready to Install. Usually when things are yanked off the store they'll still be in your owned software and can be downloaded. This would be wild if they'd deleted the license from people's accounts essentially.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017

P.T. for one, and on the PS3 they deleted a couple of PS1 games (Kyuujin and Magical Drop iirc) that I owned. I asked for a refund for them and got it with little trouble. I think there were a couple others, like possibly an Afro Samurai game that got deleted from download lists.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
P.T. for one, and on the PS3 they deleted a couple of PS1 games (Kyuujin and Magical Drop iirc) that I owned. I asked for a refund for them and got it with little trouble. I think there were a couple others, like possibly an Afro Samurai game that got deleted from download lists.
Damn. So it is possible for them to remove it.

Hopefully nothing happens.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
There was PT. Not sure about any other examples though.
PT is actually still on the Download list it just errors if you try to download it. This sounds like they just asked MS to remove them from the BC list. Can anyone log onto their 360 and see if they are still available to download there.

Since MS has to re-license a game to add it to the XBO BC it must mean companies have a removal route.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong but Doom 2 for the Xbox 360 had No Rest for the Living right? If so then that means the new version then they will be locked out from that episode (if they replace it with the old one for the people who bought it).

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Guys they had to, they couldn't risk losing those millions of dollars of people that play the game through BC. Someone think of the publishers!

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting case...just to be clear, we're talking about back compat doom from the 360. IE if you have a 360 you should be able to download it, but the BC version was yanked?

Still, I wonder if there's not an issue here since you definitely COULD buy the game specifically because it was added to BC.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting case...just to be clear, we're talking about back compat doom from the 360. IE if you have a 360 you should be able to download it, but the BC version was yanked?

Still, I wonder if there's not an issue here since you definitely COULD buy the game specifically because it was added to BC.

I didn't see confirmation on whether it applies to on an Xbox 360 or not yet, but I'd be interested to hear. Given that it's no longer listed on the marketplace to buy, I suspect it applies to both Xbox One and Xbox 360, but not totally sure yet.

I'd wager plenty of people did buy it after it went BC, with the intention of playing on Xbox One.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this leads to more people complaining because what they done is just scummy as hell. Even if they replace it with the new one, it is missing an excellent episode that is now gone forever from the consoles.

At least it will still be available on the 360 via the physical DOOM 3 BFG edition set. That included the 360 versions of DOOM 1 and 2 and is not dependent on servers to play.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear.

I might get a physical copy for when I buy the next Xbox if that's the case.

Note that the games can only be played off the disc on 360. XB1 has to download the games (like all 360 releases - something future Xbox consoles will likely do as well) and just uses the disc as a key to run them. We don't yet know if the disc still prompts the user to download the game in this case.