• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Translation of her message:

At the beginning of September, when I announced my new job at Xbox Brasil, I suffered harassment of all kinds, from people saying that I didn't play x or y and that I wasn't "worthy" of my job, to rape/death threats and aggression for exposing tense situations.
Thanks to the help of my family, boyfriend and friends, I learned well on how to deal with this, but it didn't meant that it was not happening anymore.
And thanks to all these harassments, Microsoft decided that it was for the best sever ties with me as a host so I wouldn't be more exposed to situations like these that happened.

I respect the decision made by Microsoft,
my love for them will be the same as always,
Thank you.

Basically appeal to the gamergate crowd.

Fuck this, I'm fuming, first the "Mil Grau" situation and now this shit. Xbox Brasil are shit. If there was someone that didn't deserve this, it was her.

Thank you for bringing this to light The Era of Yakuza

Update: https://www.theenemy.com.br/xbox/vi...ora-do-xbox-brasil-e-demitida-pela-microsoft/

Interview made by The Enemy

"Yes, they (Xbox Brasil) always talked with me to help with the situation and remain calm. I toughened up from reading some stuff, especially on Twitter, but when I always saw something heavy, I sent it to them (Xbox Brasil)"

However, according to Isadora, the firing occurred thanks to "guidance from the global Xbox team", that there shouldn't be anyone that susceptible to attacks or harassments as the face of the brand.

"It's a feeling of impotency, right? I opened to the brand with my heart, did more than necessary and I loved my job. I lost my job because people don't know how to respect each other."

UPDATE 2: Xbox BR gave a (non)answer:

We did some changes in our strategy regarding content that came originally from Brazil, resulting in less channels (of communication). We thank Isadora Baile and the talented agency crew for their creativity and contribuition to Xbox News. Xbox Wire Portal will be our only news channel from now on. Xbox BR channel will continue to experiment new ways to entertain brazilian gamers.

UPDATE 3: Microsoft official statement:

Yeah, fuck them.

MS official statement on the matter:

"We do not tolerate harassment or disrespectful behavior of any kind and we took action to support Isadora when personal attacks against her were brought to our attention. Last week's programming changes are unrelated. They are the direct result of our ongoing effort to reach more players in more languages with the real-time news and comprehensive information available from our global news outlet, Xbox Wire."

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Brasil looks like a shithole, specially compared to the other xbox offices in the world

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Xbox Brasil is the WORST thing in the gaming community here. I hope we can get international media attention on this again.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf??! They fire her because she got death threats? I know different countries and what not but can MS and Phil not so SOMETHING? This is bullshit

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Brasil looks like a shithole, specially compared to the other xbox offices in the world

Yep, it's a mess over here. They took years to finally shut down Xbox Mil Grau (a brazillian xbox fan page responsible to spread alt-right bullshit all over the web), but took a few months to dismiss the woman host who have suffered countless death and rape threats.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Phil.
We have work to do.

The one getting harassed should be protected not fired because of it.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm not super aware of stuff regarding Xbox Brasil, but yeah Xbox Brasil has had at the very least some very questionable behavior in the past and this is one more in the list. Much like last time with Xbox Mil Grau the only hope is for the main Xbox company to come in and clean the mess they're making, maybe this time they should take a deeper look into Xbox Brasil itself too...

Neo Ankh

Oct 12, 2019
Time to clean house Phil. You need a new leadership team over Xbox Brazil yesterday. This is shameful and obviously this woman should be hired back immediately.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Xbox Brazil sounds like it might need some serious housecleaning, based on this and the Milgrau situation. I'm not sure how the power structure breaks down between console brands in various countries, but it might be time to try and get Phil Spencer's attention again.

Gaming culture just continues to be fantastic, by the way.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Microsoft really need to change the people in charge of the XboxBR. There were some rumours that some of the persons working in the marketing department there were friends with the guys from the "Mil Grau" page.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It's truly a baffling decision. Basically punishing the victim and conceding the wishes the abusers had in the first-place

rafacamolez

Jan 3, 2019
Brazil
As a brazilian person who is getting into the Xbox ecosystem with the Series X, this is incredibly disappointing ONCE AGAIN. There's something rotten with Microsoft Brazil or the ad agency they're working with. Every decision they make on the comms front is horrible. Firing Isadora because she's a victim of harassment is asinine.

I hope someone from Microsoft US sees what the fuck is going on here and does something, because the brand is getting absolutely killed by these bozos running it here.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Damn, ppl on twitter saying she must go cuz shes a insta girl and not a gamer girl. WTF. Shame Xbox Brazil is supporting the toxicity by firing the victim instead of adressing the toxic comunity.

mrqs

Oct 25, 2017
This is beyond baffling. Xbox has been indirectly supporting extreme toxic behaviour for years and years, and now this.

Xbox US needs to step up, the brazilian community is falling apart and is being taken over by extremists.

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
I don't want to lay the blame for this directly on anyone involved with the Xbox team because it seems like a Brazil-specific issue, but this kind of decision makes it hard for me to stomach buying an Xbox Series X or having anything to do with their business going forward until they take drastic steps to address this.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's a terrible story :( Such a weird way to handle it to punish the victim, and the community doesn't get the best look here either... Death threats and harassment because they think a host isn't a 'real gamer'? So dumb.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a horrible move. If she decided that she wanted to try and work despite all that shit being thrown at her then MS Brasil needs to step up and support her. This was not a solution to the problem

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
IIRC there was also that one guy out of Brasil who MS eventually cut ties with, and who was toxic AF, after multiple reports. It is truly unfortunate that the victim got the short end of the stick given MS's commitment to diversity (and esp. women) because this will simply perpetuate the toxicity as if it were a acceptable form of behaviour.