• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
Too many CGI. Some games interested me (Cyberpunk as a non exclusive and Flight Simulator which I'll gladly play on PC, I liked 12 minutes too), but overall with MS new strategy I can stay on PS4 and PC and get every game (outside Nintendo obv).

I'm fine with that.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty underwhelming as someone who hoped to get excited/drawn back to Xbox. It was fine, no big announcements and nothing earth shattering but still some cool stuff especially for fans for Forza, Gears and Halo.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
For me, Flight Simulator was the highlight.

Needed more Halo Infinite. We'll see what Inside Xbox provides.

Don't like the Battletoads art style. Does every reboot have to go angular?

And I was right to not buy into the extreme Nintendo hype. ^_^

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Hmm, I was expecting Halo gameplay and proper details on next console, maybe Fable reveal. Bit disappointed, it was mostly CGI trailers for games we already knew about.

Looks like next E3 is the big next-gen reveal one, for Microsoft and Sony.

7/10, mainly for Keanu.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
Shame but was what I expected for the last E3 before a new generation launches. It's always a weird time because everyone is already waiting for next gen and keeping their new IPs for next year where excitement is through the roof and then we end up with this kind of E3.

EA didn't even bother about this year games like the new Need for Speed...

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say that was a solid conference (and I'm saying this as primarily a Sony guy), only bogged down by lack of gameplay trailers.

In cases of game reveals, like Halo and Elden Ring, that shouldn't matter, but even games that are out in a few months got CG trailers, which just boggles me.

12 Minutes, the deer game were the clear stand-outs for me.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly disappointed. Probably my favourite part was the Lego FH4 expansion

Actually found the machine gun trailer approach a bit tiring and it needed breaking up more

Scarlett was fine but light in detail other than confirming Navi which was good. Sony were smart talking about SSD as that partly neutralised that bit of the Scarlett talk

Xcloud was barely given a mention considering they should be countering stadia and they're launching in October? Streaming from console I'm surprised they haven't already provided - was on PS4 6 years ago and Xbox has been streaming to PC for a while now. And it was telling how you can use your own console to stream for free - so clearly there will be an additional cost for xcloud from MS' own servers. Ultimate game pass + incoming for 19.99 per month?

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be overly critical, but wow it just feels like Sony kinda set us up to be disappointed with Microsoft's conference in a sense.

Only show in town, expecting this huge reveal, and they essentially gave us exactly what Sony already did about their next gen console in a news article lol. Tough.

Mar 11, 2019
Quantity 10/10
Quality ???, very hard to say without actual gameplay, but on the MS side of things except for Flight simulator nothing stood out, so for me conference 5/10.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
How do you have such a long conference and not show any AAA gameplay? Seriously? Like I love everything MS is doing but the lack of exclusives are killing me. If you have game pass on PC what is the point of owning an Xbox console? The conference was a bunch of 3rd party games. The only game that got me excited was 12 minutes.

How the fuck don't you show Gears or Halo? Unbelievable.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Halo Infinite cross-gen?, because honestly that didn't look much better than current gen games. I am dissapointed with XB's press conference, they keep hyping up their press conferences like... "this year guys!, you'll see!" and this year there was no competition and still they dissapointed. Where was BK?, BattleToads looks like an old flash game, and people barely reacted to Halo Infinite (subpar to say the least), and don't get me started on that weird ass Gears trailer.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only games shown at this conference that I want to play are multiplat (CyberPunk 2077, Elden Ring, LEGO Star Wars) and an MMO from 2012. And the one exclusive that I have even a slight interest in (Halo Infinite) didn't exactly blow me away.

5/10

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
7 out 10.
Bad pacing through the middle.
Way too many cgi trailers.
Cyberpunk had a bad showing only saved bc of keanu.
Gears their biggest game of the year had an horrendeous showing. Just a total mess.
Halo had a decent showing but that wasnt a strong enough showing to end fhe conference on.
Next gen talk was just buzz words what i expected.

No banjo. Wtf

Should've been an easy win for MS. It wasnt.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sort of expected more. Hell, I thought we would learn more about next gen.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
hqdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really weak conference. Showing all the games we already knew about, CGI trailers up the ass, indie titles made up like 75% of the conference, no gameplay for Gears 5, Halo Infinite, etc. and the big SSD reveal was late to the party as Sony beat them to the punch.

So much for this being a huge mistake on Sony now attending E3 this year.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a B. There was a ton of stuff but none of the new announcements outside of Lego Star Wars interested me.

Dec 8, 2018
Man they had literally a free win and they threw it in the thrash. This was the worst conference from any of the big players (Sony, MS and Nintendo) this whole generation. No gameplay, no real surprises outside of picking up a studio and only mention that a new generation is on the way (which they already said last year????).

Yeah 2/10 and that is being kind.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
What was the name of the cute 2D game with very nice animations about being friendly with anthropomorphic animals??

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
MS had every opportunity in the world to come out of this looking good with no one else showing up. And they still fucked it up. And I still cant believe 343 fucking gave us a cgi trailer two years in a row with no info or gameplay. Shit is seriously unbelievable.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Assuming that halo footage was all in engine tho, it looks ridiculously good. The lighting especially.

Definitely could've used a deep dive gameplay with either gears or halo to drum up some excitement tho.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No Miyamoto and Zhuge said this was the best conference? If Tales wasn't there or Halo I think I would have graded this a D.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
That was alright, I'd give it a 7/10.

PSO2 was the highlight for me, wish we could have seen some gameplay of Halo. I thought they'd have more heavy hitters.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough gameplay, but still a good showing.

As a side note, I think that was one of their more generally entertaining-to-watch conferences.