• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That conference was a sensory barrage. Tons of trailers but not much of substance shown...

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty good, there's a bunch of games I'm excited about, but was hoping to see more from the bigger ones (or anything at all really). Also where's Crimson Skies!

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
C-. Gears stuff was terrible and they didn't show off enough third party stuff. This was definitely a missed opportunity for Xbox imho.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. The hype got to me especially with all the Banjo. Halo was the highlight, along with Forza Lego, Gears, and DBZ. No date for Battletoads disappointed me. Everything is for Scarlett then I assume.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Microsoft and Sony showing off the same amount of gameplay at this year's E3.

tumblr_m13ffqjQtG1r9sh7mo1_500.png

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
First party games still looking not super convincing.

Gears 5 didn't have a great showing, Wasteland 3 trailer was weird, Battletoads was fine, Halo was CGI only, Lego Forza,...

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
It was a good conference. Any let down I feel is mainly because of fake leaks from so called "insiders" ahead of time. That's not Microsoft's fault.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad Scarlett was officially announced and is apparently a fucking beast of a console..but yeah that was pretty disappointing overall. Not bad..just meh.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Honestly? A fairly tame if not boring at times conference. The leaks hurt for sure, bu even then some of those trailers were boring. Lots of CGI all over the place with little gameplay. Xbox's first party still looks bleak despite all these studios. Maybe saving for next year?

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Man, they should have had a 10/10 conference (9/10 at the worst) and they delivered a 7. Disappointing.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Went downhill after Cyberpunk. No gameplay for the biggest hitters. Lame trailers for Gears 5, Halo, etc. Kinda lackluster Project Scarlet stuff.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
I very much liked this press conference. The pacing was good and it was very strong on content. Some segments could perhaps have been shorter but overall I think it was great.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Empty XCloud and Scarlett talk with no substance.
CG Gears of War trailers.
No Halo gameplay.
Tons of CG trailers and indies filling up the majority of show time.
Lack of gameplay in general.

This was surprisingly bad.

How could they not show Halo gameplay??
They had E3 for themselves and they fell flat.

Highlights were seriously (not even a joke) Microsoft Flight Simulator, Blair Witch and Keanu Reeves stage presence.

They dropped the ball.

Last edited:

Layered

May 26, 2018
It was a good show. I expected too much and that's partly on me. Although I was less upset with the content, and more so how it was presented. The way they showed Gears was so weird and pretty poor imo.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda bored after the first 20 minutes or so.

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 gets another big demo later in the week.

The show seemed oddly multiplayer focused. I thought we'd hear more about some single-player titles (Ninja Theory not working on one right now feels weird).

Even Gears 5 felt like it needed more.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was most disappointed by the lack of solid Scarlett info. I get that it will be the most powerful xbox console ever (how could it not be...) but they couldn't even toss us the final name. At least we got a release date.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IGN apparently watched a different conference than me. They're gushing, and one of them is almost in tears. I'm so confused.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Balancing was really a bit off I agree and the brand new big announcements were missing, but, which makes sense since we're right before a new gen and the new titles will be shown next year at E3. There just can't be anything new that they could have shown if it's supposed to come for the Scarlett. Pure logic.

My only real critique is the balancing and that they decided to leave gameplay out almost completely and for that, I blame the current trailer show/direct/fun house/ea play movement. I really blame this bullshit for that, because what Microsoft did here, what you actually could see on the end screen, is that they also move gameplay to single streams and showcases, starting with Gears 5. So they, wrongly, decided "what the heck, we show a shit ton of gameplay in the next 4 days, so we leave it out here and only show announce trailer". And that's the only really wrong decision here.

Still a good show and I'm greatful that they still do a conference.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This was an alright conference but with Sony not there, they should have done better than just alright.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Mediocre is what I'd go with, rather up and down too, last year's was better and had more impactful games.
More than usual of the 60 were indies and more than usual were surprisingly known (even beyond the small couple of leaked big Bandai Namco ones). And back to a lot more CGI than the last couple of years too, which was super weird.

Game Pass was the main benefactor of the show.

Last edited:

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Now we know why Sony skipped this E3.

If you're just gonna show CGI all day why even show anything.

One of MS worst conferences.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
This was alright. Kinda lacking in surprises, but besides the Gears part everything looked pretty decent. People who call this garbage are seriously overreaction. Guys, gameplay stage demos are literally just as fake as any CGI trailer.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I thought it was a good show. One of the examples of how leaks can really exist to the detriment of a show, if we didn't know about Elden Ring it would have been huge. Not amazing but good overall.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
An ok conference. But as someone who went from 360, to PS4, nothing really shown would push me to grab scarlet over ps5 in the future. I was kind of hoping they would make a push in that direction

I mean Sony hasn't shown anything really about PS5 eifher but you already made your choice regardless.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly this conference felt like it validated Sony's absence.

Sometimes you have nothing to show. Can't open or close the conference with a new gameplay demo? Don't show up.

Not even a Fable announcement.