• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scousefury

Oct 28, 2017
MS had a chance to own the entire narrative of E3 but most people will be like "Gee i wonder what Sony are up too" that conference was boring. New console chat was conservative too.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
It was alright. I wish we saw more from Gears and some other games. I think the problem with the "show as much games as you can" format, is that sometimes you can't show them in detail since you don't have much time.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
they just don't like showing gameplay in a games show. It's quite baffling. Gears5 section was beyond awful, this is the spotlight to show the damn game and you do that lol. we show it later at gamescom? gtfo why are you even here, who planned this joke?

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Was i expecting too much from this?

I think last year conference was soo much better than this one.

Beyond Nintendo not showing up, all the big games were leaked already, Star Wars still not super excited, no xCloud or next gen demo on stage which is disappointing,...

People hyped it a bit too much, this conference was fine, again, worse than last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm that Halo thing they showed should've not been shown. Phil saying it'll launch with the new console should've been enough then wait till next year to actually show gameplay.

Also I see why Sony decided to skip this year. Seems like everything that needs to be shown is not exactly ready.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Elite 2 and new console yay

Show was a disaster. Spencer and co don't even have gameplay footage for a game coming out in 3 months.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
jzKcO5m.gif

Omg

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I say this as a huge Xbox fan, currently on my 4th Xbox One - that was one of the most bland, disappointing conferences I've ever watched.

I feel like I learned literally nothing new about anything (leaks are a part of that, but I'm struggling to think of anything that would have seemed more exciting without the leaks - maybe confirmation of a new FromSoft game, but that's about it).

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Shame but was what I expected for the last E3 before a new generation launches. It's always a weird time because everyone is already waiting for next gen and keeping their new IPs for next year where excitement is through the roof and then we end up with this kind of E3.

EA didn't even bother about this year games like the new Need for Speed...
They could have at least showed some gameplay of Gears 5 or something....but nope just cgi trailers for everything.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
6/10. Understandable why Sony didn't show since you would get a conference like this one. Next year's E3 should be great though.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Alright yeah that was a mediocre conference but HOW MANY Y'ALL MOTHERFUCKERS READY FOR SOME FUNKO GEARS THO!?!?!?!?!?

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't bad bad
But MS had the chance to make it one of the greatest and they didn't even manage to go over alright
After Keanu everything was going down. I don't need more cgi in my life

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That conference peaked with Keanu Reeves. Tales of Arise and Elden Ring were nice and all, but had been leaked already anyway.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
The biggest news out of Scarlet is that it has Hardware Accelerated Ray-Tracing and that, it apparently eats monsters for breakfast. I take that as a way of saying the most powerful.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow am I disappointed.

A terrible Gears 5 trailer where Kait makes some faces... a reveal of a mode with models that don't look like COG soldiers at all, look like they belong in Fortnite.

Halo Infinite gets another CGI trailer and will now go dark for an entire year again.

Nothing about all that leaked goodness like new gamertags and PSN and Switch profiles coming to XBL or anything. I thought this conference was gonna drop bombshells to remember.

Sigh.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Conference was meh. No gameplay for a majority of the stuff they showed, the Gears 5 section was god fucking awful save the escape part, hypest part of the conference was Keanu Reeves being in Cyberpunk. Solid 5/10, just completely average which is disappointing with no Sony being there this year.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
No sony at E3 and this is what they came up with?

Super disappointing and i feel like i wasted 2 hours of my time.

Scarlet info about loading and ssd felt super bad after it was announced first by sony.

4/10

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Assuming that halo footage was all in engine tho, it looks ridiculously good. The lighting especially.

Definitely could've used a deep dive gameplay with either gears or halo to drum up some excitement tho.
Really, I was underwhelmed. A game like Detroit Become Human looks as good if not even better to be perfectly honest. Nothing there screamed next gen to me at all. It looks absolutely fine but it didn't wow me.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm that Halo thing they showed should've not been shown. Phil saying it'll launch with the new console should've been enough then wait till next year to actually show gameplay.

Also I see why Sony decided to skip this year.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
That was weak, much worse than last years, the pacing and ordering was really bad, I cannot believe they didn't show any Gears 5 campaign

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The best new announcements were Tales and LEGO Star Wars.

PSO2 is cool but I'm sure as hell not buying an Xbox for it.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Was it implied that Halo was running on Project Scarlet? Was not impressed by the visuals if that was the case, it looked good for a current gen game by I am expecting more from next gen.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
No Fable = 0/10

Halo Infinite's art style raises the conference overall to a 1/10

Halo Infinite art style 9/10

banter

Jan 12, 2018
PSO2 was the highlight for me as well. There were a lot of games showed, but hardly anything was a surprise. I was looking forward to some cool exclusives for reasons to finally dust off the ole xbox one x and I did not get that.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I liked all the attention indie games got but nothing there to convince make me interested in getting an Xbox

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Little underwhelming considering Sony isn't there but PSO2 was awesome and a few other highlights like Ori and Keanu made for a decent time.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Good show, 12 minutes seems custom made for my tastes. Nice to finally get the second Elite controller revision, I've been holding out for many months.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Game pass for PC is cool and I'm happy Cypberpunk has a release date. Was not expecting Keanu Reeves at all.

I hope Double Fine now being a Microsoft studio does not prevent future games from coming to steam

Otherwise nothing too exciting imo