• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Was i expecting too much from this?

I think last year conference was soo much better than this one.

Beyond Nintendo not showing up, all the big games were leaked already, Star Wars still not super excited, no xCloud or next gen demo on stage which is disappointing,...

People hyped a bit too much,

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of gameplay, but aside from that it was solid.

I think it's hilarious that people thought Banjo or Nintendo were gonna be there.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of arise looks dope and Microsoft flight simulator looked nice. Everything else was meh for me. Really don't like the battle toads art style.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
MS killed it hard this year
no wonder SONY didn't show up

giphy.gif

Also... LOL.

Oct 25, 2017
Overall, I thought it was pretty meh. In the end I care about games and there wasn't that much there to interest me.

That said, I dont get the yawning over the Scarlet reveal. Everyone knew it was gonna match th PS5 feature set.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty underwhelming as someone who hoped to get excited/drawn back to Xbox. It was fine, no big announcements and nothing earth shattering but still some cool stuff especially for fans for Forza, Gears and Halo.

Lol at JuexVideo telling us that Miyamoto would come out on sage . I fell for it.

Pretty disappointed at the lack of Banjo.

rpg_fan

Oct 27, 2017
Couple good things, but kinda mediocre overall. You'd think they'd stop with the cgi only trailers.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty meh to be honest.

Scarlett was minimal details, it's obvious a lot of the first party stuff will be shown for next year for the launch

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
7/10, wish there was more game play, especially of Gears 5.

Loved

Outer Worlds
Cyberpunk
Ori
Flight
Halo
Gears 5
All the Game Pass
Lego Forza Horizon

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ehhh B- conference overall . A solid C if Keanu hadnt been there.

My personal highlights:
12 minutes
Cyberpunk
Possibly PC games on demand
Elden Ring(was that sean bean)
Ori as always
Psychonaughts 2

Disappointments:
Halo and gears felt flaccid and I think its time for either a major overhaul or successors to be made.
Front crowd(Jesus we get it you're proud employees, shut up already)
Game trailers shown were largely meh but thats my own personal bias.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Some cool 3rd party stuffs that's available else where beside xbox. Other than that, meh. Sony just need to give me Tlou2 release date and a new trailer to over shadow the entire ms press conference.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Eeeeh..... Ori 2, Tales of Arise and Elden Ring, Cyberpunk. That's it.
Not a lot of gameplay shown...... dunno, not that great of a conference.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Keanu was major props and will be headlines all round for ms, but the conf ending was uber limp. Left with zero excitement for next gen. They basically recycled the same shit from E32018!?!

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Quite average, and really nothing for me personally, not even with the 3rd party games shown. And no splinter cell was really disappointing.
Too much hype, and it didn't deliver. The only interesting thing here is that fall 2020 is when next gen starts.

Sony really didn't lose anything by not attending this year's e3

Oct 25, 2017
Solid conference, I prefer this approach of having plenty of small trailers than having long gameplay sections of games I might not care about.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Overall kinda meh. Definitely excited that I have Game Pass Ultimate for like a year and a half though.

Jan 20, 2019
My god Microsoft. You guys are hyping us for this shit show. Not even a singleplayer trailer for gears. Fucking Idiots. Halo? No Gameplay, get the fuck out of here. Really, all those little games and expensions... If Sony drops a trailer off the last of us 2, right now, it will blast this show away...

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it was... well, 3.6/6 - not great, not terrible.

They avoided many of the cliches like cringey live stage demos, or wasting time on random celebrity cameos or music performances. On the other hand, it's unbelievable how little gameplay they had shown. So it was indeed focused on the games, but barely showed any actual games. Weird conference.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ending was so bad.nothing on Scarlet (even less than Sony on ps5)nothing on game play of Halo infinite

Does Lockhart exist anymore ? It seems they have only one sku not 2

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So much for all that Nintendo on Xbox stage nonsense lmao. That conference was overhyped. Way too much CG trailers too. How do you not show gameplay of Gears 5 that is out in 3 months.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
How was this conference garbage? A ton of great games. I guess people don't play games any more :::shrugs:::

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It was "good", but lasts year's was much better.
Leaks hurt some if it's biggest hitters and there was nothing massive that was new from MS.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The way people get hung up over the lack of gameplay never ceases to amaze me.

E3 just doesn't seem like the place for it anymore. Lengthy looks at gameplay can go elsewhere, I'm more interested about new projects & acquisitions.

Infinite needed an actual explanation as to what that game IS - but considering there will be another E3 before that game hits - I don't mind.

High-tier conference. A, A-.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass subscribers will be happy. Everyone else, maybe not. But the disappointment when Nintendo reveals a Dragon Quest character in Smash will be unprecedented.

Norml

Feb 22, 2018
That was a bad show imo. No games impressed at all really and what they showed for next gen Halo pretty much looked current gen.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything shown was great. But come the fuck on. 90% of those trailers had zero gameplay. This trend of no gameplay in trailers is getting old really fast.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely the best MS conference of the last decade. Still no exclusive I'd like to play tho.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
That conference was a solid B! Not too many crazy big announcements, but it's still early E3!!
Have fun celebrating games everyone!