• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
1hr 30 mins, And how much actual gameplay was shown? 5 mins.

Nothing but cinematics, And no actual specs from the new console. Sony did well to leave it this year.

4/10

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
And at the last minute I can tick off the forums go down box.

Bingo adjudication question: do people think I should regard the Mixpot as "freebies for audience"? I was intending it for the physical audience, but the mixpot would fit too

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Way too many CGI trailers;
Way too few gameplay trailers;

Gears turned into a complete circus;
HALO still nothing.

Cyberpunk bit of course was amazing, and I really liked Blair Witch and LEGO Forza.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
Apart from Keanu Reeves and Cyberpunk, this conference is garbage. Where is the gameplay?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I actually thought this was hella weak. Felt like an endless sea of cinematic trailers. Not bad, just... meh.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Thought we were gonna get some live gameplay on account of the monitors set up. Oh well.
So much cgi. Very disappointing show

Thought we would have gotten some more Scarlett info too, but we just got 2019 version on of that Scorpio reveal except with no hard spec numbers

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
After two consecutive fantastic E3 presentations this year was so lackluster. Even Project Scarlet's concept video is very uninspiring compared to Scorpio's trailer.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Meh. I'll rent Rise of the Tomb Raider for $5 on my PC then cancel my PC Gamepass subscription.

PorscheDesign

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Tons of games, Game Pass was on steroids today, Elite Controller 2, Console acts as your own server, Scarlett reveal. That was a great show.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Biggest disappointment here was the total lack of gameplay demos, CG trailers galore. Also, cannot wait for the cloud bubble to hopefully burst. I do not want to stream video games. Otherwise, perfectly paced and densely packed with great announcements and content.

Highlights were...
A BLAIR WITCH GAME, FUCK YES.
That Gears 5 teaser with the Billie Eilish track was top notch.
Battletoads is real. I still can't believe it.
KEANU IN CYBERPUNK, FUCK!
Microsoft acquiring Double Fine, major get for them.
HALO: INFINITE AS A LAUNCH TITLE, WHEW.
Scarlett is an absolute tank.

Overall, 8.5/10 conference. They didn't really leverage Sony's absence and drop a megaton but I came away even more excited for the next few years of gaming and that's what the best E3 conferences do. Great stuff all around, onto Bethesda next!

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
First half of the conference was fantastic, second half was lacking. Gears was a gigantic disappointment. Halo Infinite made me tear up.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i liked when they had the wrestlers under the stage for some reason and then a lego car showed up

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Well, MS still fails to impress with their first party output but it can't be helped. Most of the studios they bought barely had enough time to build something.

Overall pretty good conference, although not enough to convince me to get an Xbox One again (everything is on PC). Game Pass ultimate rocks.
they are gearing for next gen it seems.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
started out strong but ended up weak

i can't believe they didn't show gameplay for gears at least that thing is coming out in a few months

Oct 25, 2017
Newcastle, UK
Good conference games wise, but it's going to be judged on what they didn't show rather than what they did. It makes sense that they're not ready for a full next-gen unveil, but with what little they did had to say all the teasing beforehand could only lead to deflated hype.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe I hyped myself up to much, but I just felt very meh about Xbox's show this year. Decent conference for sure, but tbh I expected better

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Really feels like they dropped the ball with Sony not attending this year.

There's a lot of cool games coming out, but everything was presented in a way where the big games focused on provided almost no gameplay to see.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Keanu Reeves being the highlight reminds me I need to watch John Wick 3 already lol

Nov 24, 2018
That was piss poor. As someone who mainly games on my Xbox but has every other format I'm seriously considering getting rid of my X and going PC only for MS stuff. They had a free shot this year with no Sony and they blew it.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can not believe they didn't show gameplay for so much.

I was 100% thinking we would get gameplay for gears 5 campaign, dying light 2, halo infinite.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Big meh for me. Lots of quantity, but I feel I haven't learned a thing about these games. Teasers are fine, but I'd like an in depth look at some games too.

Looking forward to Ori the most. And the Double Fine news was unexpected but a strong move from MS.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but Microsoft had a huge opportunity to blow it out of the water and messed up bigtime. No Halo gameplay, No gears gameplay, nothing was really there to make me go WOW. That 12 minute game was the most interesting part of the conference for me. It wasn't a bad conference, but this was their chance to end this gen on a highnote and they blew it. 6/10 for me, i do wanna admit that seeing gamepass has gotten me to consider getting an xbox. Amazing deal.

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
I was bored silly. Nothing made me say wow. That being said their next console should be a beast. I want next gen gameplay!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that was a conference that was exceptionally light on gameplay. Keanu Reeves was hands down the best part of the show, the rest was kinda meh, with most of the excitement (Xbox Games Pass for PC) being neutered (priced at $10/month, rather than the originally posted $5/month).

With that said, the Game Pass Ultimate conversion means I've maxed out my subscriptions until the middle of 2022, so I'll still enjoy the ride.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
The gears segment is pretty representative of the show. A lot of info but nothing concrete and hard to follow.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The highlight of this is just how ridiculous gamepass is. So many of the smaller things they have just add up to a great service.

Big stuff didn't show well. Gears only being CG was weird as hell, there was way too much CG in general. It seems like there's more to come through the week but I really expected to a better look at gears especially.

Overall I still really like their pacing of all of this. Just constant streams of games with a few talking points in between.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
not a xbox user but always curious to see what MS is up to and this year with sony gone , the curiosity was even bigger but that was a major letdown.

loved the cyberpunk reveal with keanu being there and the MS Game pass updates(sony really should find sometihng like this ) but Cyberpunk is multi-platform and besides that nothing really made me want to buy a MS console...

is Ori console exclusive? thats the only thing im really interested in....

the new console is gonna be called scarlett? what a wasted oportunity to reveal the real name if you´re gonna give a release date...

as a few said above without sony there MS had a major oportunity to blow everything out of the order and they didnt do that at all...