• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overall a disappointing conference. Keanu was cool though and happy Double Fine is gonna get a proper budget, they're perfect for gamepass. MS can't afford to acquire any big dev though but I think AA devs fits with gamepass, cheaper and can produce content asap

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Good content for gamers. Bad conference for their brand. Too much bloat. Too much CGI not enough gameplay. Their Scarlett video didn't give us any new information that we didn't already learn from the Mark Cerny Wired interview. They couldn't confirm it would be the most powerful console, like previously claimed. The closing Halo Infinite "demo" was underwhelming and didn't look like anything that isn't possible on current-gen. They could have made a HUGEEEEEEE impact without Sony being there, they had all the cards, but they somehow didn't take advantage of it.

So what's coming out in 2019?
DLC and Gears 5.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. That wasn't good. I was falling asleep a few times during that. I'm only interested in 2 games (Jedi Fallen Order & Elden Ring). Last year's was better. It's exactly as I expected though, down year given that we are getting new consoles next year.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You'd think after 3 games doing the same thing that people know not to expect gameplay at From's first showing of their new title.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
This is why I like Treehouse, you get to see a ton of games being played with Devs explaining stuff as they play.

Is definite the best format at E3 by far.

People want to see some gameplay, nothing cheesy or scripted just some nice fun gameplay.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Microsoft had the perfect opportunity this year with Sony sitting it out, and they completely squandered it. Was not looking/hoping they would suck but damn it was disappointing.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS had a chance to own the entire narrative of E3 but most people will be like "Gee i wonder what Sony are up too" that conference was boring. New console chat was conservative too.

Didn't help them they didn't do something like this... that Sony did back in May

Talking heads saying excited shit about a console just doesn't work.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
6/10
Few exclusive announcements, few good gameplay sequences, Gears terrible but some interesting games here and there

Top 5:
5) Dragon Ball Z
4) Tales of Arise
3) Way on to the Woods
2) Ori 2
1) Elden Ring

ArabianPrynce

Jun 1, 2019
Lame conference. I was so hyped i was sweating. No fucking gameplay for any of their games. halo infinite demo would have been dope but nope.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Showing a nobody moping around about a character no one cares about did it for you?

I think it was when that nobody found chief, the fact that they lost the war to Cortana, and that the graphics look good.

At least, that's when I was hyped. Seems like we are getting a open world Halo.

Oct 28, 2017
So in summarization, tons of indies, no gameplay, mostly cgi.

Standouts were definitely 12 minutes, bleeding edge, ori 2 and Blair witch for me. Too many third party multiplats. Halo infinite was great but wanted to see more. Gears 5 was meh.

Nice to see pso2 but I was hoping to see yakuza or persona finally but no luck.

A solid 7.5-10.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Positive: New game announcements, regardless if multiplatt or Xbox/PC exclusives, game pass news, some info on xCloud, lots of games shown
Negative: Lack of game announcecents ( I have this as positive because there were still some new games announced, but too few still), way too much CGI and cutscene trailers, needed way more gameplay, only 1 studio acquisition (really?), lack of info on xCloud (I have the little we got still as a positive because it is something), no huge game announcements that blew my mind.

C

MS killed it hard this year
no wonder SONY didn't show up

also the new XBOX got everything PS5 got :D

This is such a console warrior post.

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
What a terrible conference. No Wow moment. No gameplay demo? Are you serious????

Please create something new. Again Gears and Halo oh god.

Elite controller looks awesome. Scarlett well its more or less has same key points like PS5.

Mighty disappointing after a decent start.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Keanu aside I want my 90 minutes back. Would have loved to seen Cyberpunk and Elden Ring gameplay instead of what we got.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. That wasn't good. I was falling asleep a few times during that. I'm only interested in 2 games (Jedi Fallen Order & Elden Ring

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
That would explain the "most powerful console WE'VE designed'

and not "The most powerful console EVER" like they did with X.
Also they definitely went out of their way to emphasize that they are not just focusing on the console itself but basically getting the experience delivered to as many devices as possible.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well like I said: Nice trailer-show. But it was a really weak Xbox show because 90% of these games will end on other platforms as well. And if you count the exclusives you have Gears, Halo, Forza and Ori AGAIN. And all the trailers were either CGI or some cutscene. There was almost no gameplay at all. We still don't know how the traversal in Gears 5 will work. Or what the gameplay in Halo will even look like. There were also no teasers for upcoming projects. Really weak. I was expecting at least one bigger live demo.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i mean chances are many of these games are going to be great but i couldn't tell from all these cg trailers.
how did they show 0 seconds of Gears SP gameplay?

this was a horrible conference filled with good games.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
jzKcO5m.gif
Like what was the point of him again? (other than POINTING at a screen ha-ha!)

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This isn't that different from Bungie. Here's the Halo 3 teaser:

And here's the Reach teaser:

The major difference that I made sure to distinguish is, that while those cgi trailers came out, they were followed up with back to back cgi trailers with no gameplay or info. Two years in a row with no gameplay or info on the game is a fucking joke.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
An ok conference. But as someone who went from 360, to PS4, nothing really shown would push me to grab scarlet over ps5 in the future. I was kind of hoping they would make a push in that direction

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing that with AMD having their conference tomorrow they left out alot of Scarlet technical details for then.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like my expectations were in check, because the year before new consoles is kind of a "lame duck" year traditionally.
I enjoyed this show more than their conference last year. Just kicked back and enjoyed the show.

I don't think they should have revealed their next-gen console like that, though. It felt very "us too" after Sony's light reveal last month.
It was a big build-up to a moment that deserved a more hype reveal. I just wish they would have left that out tbh, and do a big blow-out early next year.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
That was an abysmal showing. I only wanted to see Gears campaign, which you will agree was a safe bet, and maybe Fable, but okay, that was a wild bet.
No can do.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Probably a 6/10 for me but in the context of being a year away from next gen, that's quite reasonable.

Deeply scarred from the lack of Banjo, though.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
That was a shit conference. So disappointing.

It's also the most boring and anti climatic next gen announcement ever. Zero next gen gameplay. Not even numbers. Microsoft dropped the ball hard.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, nothing there to get me super exited, next gen can't come soon enough, no wonder Sony skipped. Microsoft should have upped the ante given the 'free pass' on offer, get some decent mindshare going for the brand outside their loyalists.

ArabianPrynce

Jun 1, 2019
Lame conference. I was so hyped i was sweating. No fucking gameplay for any of their games. halo infinite demo would have been dope but nope.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm genuinely shocked there was not an ounce of gameplay across so many titles, especially the marquee ones.

Otherwise a decent start, that eventually went all over the place then fizzled. 6/10 for me.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
They at least confirmed that I will be skipping Xbox 120.

Not a great conference imo considering they really bigged it up.