• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
So are Gears 5 and Crackdown 3 the only Microsoft published games releasing this year?

I had to check with The Outer Worlds, it is being published by a company I have never heard of called "Private Division".

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like the reason peopld are coming off negatively from this is a mixture of the Gears and Halo sections falling flat, very little new information on whats next for MS strategically, and the lack of either some big Third Party or even in-house title. I feel like the Halo Infinite Demo from last E3 was much more impressive than 'interior of a cramped, moodily lit spaceship'. And Gears was just all over the place; it didn't come across as a title 3 months away from launching. I think a jaw-dropping Halo Demo, or a surprise AAA IP announcement wouldve made it superlative, as would've a more concrete vision of MS's future. As it stands, and objectively pretty good line up is muddled by a lack of clarity.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Love all the mentions of Fable trying to get something out of him.

By far my biggest letdown of the show was no mention of Fable. That Playground team is only 60 people so I didn't expect much, I suppose it makes sense if they want to prevent announcing things too early. Next year will be Infinite blowout, Fable announcement and a Scarlet reveal which would make for a good conference.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Anyone know what the mixpot goodies were from last night ?
Nope, Xbox/Mixer haven't yet announced its contents. I assume they'll announce it during Inside Xbox today to pad out the show.

They really should announce what the contents of the MixPot are ahead of time (like they have with the currently live SoT show) assuming the content doesn't spoil the secrets of the briefing, or during the show (an overlay on the briefing stream like they've done in the past or live tweets w/ the MixPot info).

tareqsalah

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I am also getting the feeling that buying studios will be part of their E3 showcase.

(We are proud to announce that ....enter studio name...will be joining the xbox family)

Which will start a trend of other big publishers buying up all the indie studios to secure more content. Which kinda goes against xbox message of inclusivity play together.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
LOL, I'm sitting here reading through the thread for the first time and you have people calling "everything" CGI. Even right after the FORZA Lego one people were saying "nothing but CGI".

Some of those games, like Horizon 4, actually look that good (FYI for those people).

Yes, there was more CGI than I wanted, but some of that "CGI" was game-engine/gameplay representative.

Anyway, I'm excited for:

Halo Infinite
Gears 5 (only the campaign...wish they'd show it)
Cyberpunk 2077
Psychonauts 2
The Outer Worlds
Horizon 4: Lego
Elden Ring (maybe....not sure what it is)
Ori
Blair Witch
Flight Simulator (HECK YEAH)
AoE II (although I've played it for hundreds of hours, lol)
Battletoads
Minecraft Dungeons
PSO2 (what?)
The Legend of Wright
Spiritfarer
Tales of Arise
Twelve Minutes
Way to the Woods
Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
Metro Exodus ("free" on game pass...glad I hadn't bought it)
Dead Static Drive (actually a lot of the Indi games look good)

Holy Crap at Game Pass and all the games coming to it. I won't have to buy another video game ever again. Upgraded to Ultimate for $1 through the end of 2020. Looks like I have a ton of X1X and PC games to play.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Was it worth the time investment?

In coming up with that post? Well, did you find it informative? If so, or if at least one other person did, I'd say that it was worth the time investment.

Xbox marketing has been extremely misleading since they started calling upscaled games "true 4K", and I've fact checked their conferences ever since.

For example, in their E3 2018 briefing, Phil promised "50 games, 18 titles with exclusivity and 15 world premieres". They delivered 51 games (Cyberpunk 2077 was the surprise), but only 16 "exclusives" (including console launch exclusives and DLC) and even fewer world premieres. Edited with correction (hat tip to SuikerBrood): Technically, they delivered 50 games and two DLCs, but the infamous 18 "exclusives" could only be reached if they included things like the DLC for Cuphead, Gears Tactics (which was only mentioned for PC), Gears POP! (which is going to be released for iOS and Android devices) and games that were already available, such as Sea of Thieves and PUBG. Not to mention console launch exclusives and even fewer world premieres.

Here's the full list for 2018, in order of appearance:

1. E Halo Infinite
  2. E Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  3. WP Sekiro
  4. WP Fallout 76
  5. WP Captain Spirit
  6. E Crackdown 3
  7. Nier: Automata Become as Gods Edition
  8. Metro: Exodus
  9. Kingdom Hearts 3
  10. E Sea of Thieves (expansions)
  11. Battlefield V
  12. E WP Forza Horizon 4
  13. We Happy Few
  14. CLE PUBG
  15. WP Tales is Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  16. WP The Division 2
  17. CLE Outer Wilds
  18. Afterparty
  19. Kingdom: Two Crowns
  20. The Golf Club 2019
  21. Warhammer II: Vermintide
  22. Fringe Wars
  23. CLE Below
  24. Conqueror's Blade
  25. CLE Waking
  26. Raji: An Ancient Epic
  27. Super Meat Boy Forever
  28. Planet Alpha
  29. Islands of Nyne
  30. Sable
  31. Harold Halibut
  32. Bomber Crew
  33. Children of Morta
  34. The Wind Road
  35. Wargroove
  36. Generation Zero
  37. Dead Cells
  38. CLE Ashen
  39. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  40. CLE Session
  41. CLE Black Desert
  42. WP Devil May Cry V
  43. CLE Cuphead in The Delicious Last Course (DLC)
  44. CLE Tunic
  45. WP Jump Force
  46. WP Dying Light 2
  47. E WP Battletoads
  48. WP Just Cause 4
  49. WP Gears POP! (mobile)
  50. E WP Gears Tactics (PC)
  51. E Gears 5
  52. Cyberpunk 2077

E - Exclusive
WP - World Premiere
CLE - Console Launch Exclusive

Last edited:

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Okay... this feels like a gotcha post?
Yeah I don't get it. Like LOL U R A LOAR. We got 59 games and not 60. Boycott
I get the poster's intent here. I think folks have been genuinely impressed by Spencer's communication the last few years but as there has been little fruit to bear from it, folks are welcome to challenge his sincerity. When he starts hyping statistics, it's totally fair to fact check him on those.

SpotAnime got it. I mentioned Phil and others calling upscaled games "true 4K" in my previous post, but there are all the instances where he was dishonest about Microsoft's efforts on PC gaming, as well.

As a consumer rights lawyer, I always take any statements, made on stage by representatives of any company, with a grain of salt. And I suggest all consumers do the same.

Also, BoxingIsCool, I recommend reading the entirety of my post, because you seem to have misinterpreted more than its intent, judging from your incorrect statement about the number of games.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
In coming up with that post? Well, did you find it informative? If so, or if at least one other person did, I'd say that it was worth the time investment.

Xbox marketing has been extremely misleading since they started calling upscaled games "true 4K", and I've fact checked their conferences ever since.

For example, in their E3 2018 briefing, Phil promised "50 games, 18 titles with exclusivity and 15 world premieres". They delivered 51 games (Cyberpunk 2077 was the surprise), but only 16 "exclusives" (including console launch exclusives and DLC) and even fewer world premieres.

Here's the full list for 2018, in order of appearance:

1. E Halo Infinite
  2. E Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  3. WP Sekiro
  4. WP Fallout 76
  5. WP Captain Spirit
  6. E Crackdown 3
  7. Nier: Automata Become as Gods Edition
  8. Metro: Exodus
  9. Kingdom Hearts 3
  10. E Sea of Thieves (expansions)
  11. Battlefield V
  12. E WP Forza Horizon 4
  13. We Happy Few
  14. CLE PUBG
  15. WP Tales is Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  16. WP The Division 2
  17. CLE Outer Wilds
  18. Afterparty
  19. Kingdom: Two Crowns
  20. The Golf Club 2019
  21. Warhammer II: Vermintide
  22. Fringe Wars
  23. CLE Below
  24. Conqueror's Blade
  25. CLE Waking
  26. Raji: An Ancient Epic
  27. Super Meat Boy Forever
  28. Planet Alpha
  29. Islands of Nyne
  30. Sable
  31. Harold Halibut
  32. Bomber Crew
  33. Children of Morta
  34. The Wind Road
  35. Wargroove
  36. Generation Zero
  37. Dead Cells
  38. CLE Ashen
  39. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  40. CLE Session
  41. CLE Black Desert
  42. WP Devil May Cry V
  43. CLE Cuphead in The Delicious Last Course (DLC)
  44. CLE Tunic
  45. WP Jump Force
  46. WP Dying Light 2
  47. E WP Battletoads
  48. WP Just Cause 4
  49. WP Gears POP!
  50. E Gears 5
  51. Cyberpunk 2077

E - Exclusive
WP - World Premiere
CLE - Console Launch Exclusive

Gears Tactics is missing from this list.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Ima rate overall conference a C or a 7/10.

There were a crap ton of games shown, next-gen talks including xCloud plans and even confirmation of Halo launching with Scarlett. Keannu Reeves was the highlight for good reason, that was so damn dope. <3 him. New DF acquisition is nice as well to bolster A or AA content for GP. Ori 2 was amazeballs, it'll be a long 8-9 months or so until it releases but take all the time you want to create that masterpiece. Elite 2 is nice upgrade and tad cheaper than I was expecting ($200) but still a lot at $180.

Where I agree is if we could have had a quick play through of Gears 5 campaign ala Gears 4 when it was first shown.
Some of the middle parts was a bit long but I get it that they had to show a wide variety of games.
Where was Tunic? :(
All 4 gen of xbox carrying forward is dope, but how will that work remains to be seen, perhaps continued selective BC but glad it is there.
No Fable, hope next year though?

Next E3 must have Halo Infinite blowout, a good 10 mins please with real game play.

Feb 27, 2019
Most underrated announcement for me about Scarlett is that all XB1 accessories (controllers etc) are forward compatible. This is honestly amazing.

Gotta love these consumer friendly policies. I'll be sticking with Xbox as my primary console next gen for sure.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Most underrated announcement for me about Scarlett is that all XB1 accessories (controllers etc) are forward compatible. This is honestly amazing.

Gotta love these consumer friendly policies. I'll be sticking with Xbox as my primary console next gen for sure.

They should be considering they're either Bluetooth or WiDi or both. The 360 had its own proprietary radio signal I think, on its peripherals.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Gears Tactics is missing from this list.

You're absolutely right. Not sure how it went missing from the list, considering I tweeted Phil, Larry and co. in 2018 about their misleading promise of 18 exclusives and mentioned that they could only reach that number if they included things like the DLC for Cuphead, Gears Tactics (which was only mentioned for PC), Gears POP! (which is going to be released for iOS and Android devices) and games that were already available, such as Sea of Thieves and PUBG.

I'll edit my post with the correction, thanks for the heads-up.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I just finished playing all of Gears 4 on PC for $1. I guess that kinda feels like a cool E3 moment in its own way.

It really is the most underwhelming E3 in a while, but that's to be expected the year before full new console reveals. I'm sure next E3 will make up for it.