• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I think its more likely to be lots of 3rd party games as well, since they don't have many options now for showing them off.
And yeah, this is possible too. They may want to reserve their in development titles to go along with the hype buildup for next year.

On the other hand, they may go the Sony route and get the hype going early. Maybe with just one title or so.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. I'm telling you the team is small. There's no way they're releasing a AAA game like that after they almost lost their studio trying to make Hellblade. You said something like they've been working on a MP game off and on for years that's gonna be out next year. I responded by saying it's probably an unfinished game if that's true because the team is too small to make a finished MP game in that short of a span. Everything I said follows from my main point of the team being small.
I'm with this guy. They've shown that at full capacity they can make a AAA publisher-supported game in 3 years. They're probably going to show a CG teaser trailer for Bleeding Edge at the Xbox conference, just like they showed a CG teaser trailer for Hellblade at a Sony conference 3 years before it came out.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm with this guy. They've shown that at full capacity they can make a AAA publisher-supported game in 3 years. They're probably going to show a CG teaser trailer for Bleeding Edge at the Xbox conference, just like they showed a CG teaser trailer for Hellblade at a Sony conference 3 years before it came out.
Nah, it'll come out next year.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the real question is why would we expect the new studios to show anything at all? I think most of us recognize that it's too early for them to show anything. And I don't mind if none of them do (However, there certainly could be things to show - FH4 DLC, Outer Worlds, Bard's Tale/Wasteland, Ninja Theory). My point was merely that MS HASN'T been the publisher blowing reveals early since 2015, when Sony took that crown firmly back. Gameplay or not, if we see it years before release.. it's just a vertical slice demo with no relation to reality. See: Days Gone, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, the infamous KillZone 2. I doubt they would start reaching now when they have more things to show than ever.
Because he said as much as month ago https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/16/microsofts-new-studios-will-reveal-unannounced-games-at-e3

Edit: KZ2 is like 2005, Days Gone released less than 3 years after announcement and was representative of both the story trailer and the game play. I'm thinking KH3 trailer from like 2013, or the original Death Stranding trailer. A few years, sure, 5 years is a problem. If they honestly expect something within a few years, I don't blame them as Crackdown 3 was delayed due to issues not because it was announced a few months after development had started. Sony sometimes does it too, but Horizon, Bloodborne, and God of War were all within a couple years of announcement. TLOU2 was probably announced a year early.

Dreams is an outlier, it probably had significant issues that delayed it well beyond what Sony honestly expected. It isn't like Death Stranding where Sony knew that was still 5 years off.

Last edited:

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
What I don't want is an announcement of games that don't end up seeing the light of day and are canceled. It's a bad look.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
HonestLoathsomeCaecilian-size_restricted.gif
I wonder how much Sony paid for that reaction? /s

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Nature of the development beast. I don't expect we'll see announcements from any manufacturer that aren't relatively imminent these days though.
I get that development can have its issues and sometimes the plug has to be pulled. However, I feel that platform holders should lock down their exclusives and follow through with them. They are selling a promise and sometimes consumers buy their product on a promise.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Benji-Sales is hyping this up and implying next-gen details, it'll be amazing!

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I'm sure there will be plenty of 3rd party stuff. I just hope they focus on showing the games and don't pad it out with lots of talking on stage, which can drag on and become boring.

They did it that way for the last two E3s (or was it three?), and the format had good reception, so I don't think that they'll change it drastically. I'm expecting dozens of game announcements, with just several titles being given more than a minute or two each.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
With Sony being out this year, I'm excited for this conference the most. It's just that I'm excited for all the games that'll be announced and plus i'm excited for more Xbox Play Anywhere titles (I'm getting a PC this summer finally). Also, I love GamePass and will continue to play games on Xbox with it.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
They did it that way for the last two E3s (or was it three?), and the format had good reception, so I don't think that they'll change it drastically. I'm expecting dozens of game announcements, with just several titles being given more than a minute or two each.
What's the latest rumor, will MS go full on nextgen this year?
If they aren't, could they really have that many games to show considering that Sony isn't at E3 because they supposedly don't have anything to show this late in the gen that hasn't been shown before?

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They better have some notable things then. Last year it was long but too fluffy.

They need to REALLY hammer this one home and capatilize on Sony's absence.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
They better have some notable things then. Last year it was long but too fluffy.

They need to REALLY hammer this one home and capatilize on Sony's absence.

I disagree on the "really hammer this one home"
I think they did great last year and had probably the best conference out of all of the conferences. I would think they're gonna kill it this year. It's gonna feel so weird when the time Sony's conference starts comes around and theres no conference lmao. However, it's gonna be great, can't wait to watch and have fun

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
What's the latest rumor, will MS go full on nextgen this year?

That's probably happening next year.

If they aren't, could they really have that many games to show considering that Sony isn't at E3 because they supposedly don't have anything to show this late in the gen that hasn't been shown before?

Well, it's probably going to be a combination of updates on their already announced first party games, perhaps a couple of new internal projects, one or two new first party collaborations with external partners, indies ("exclusive console debuts" and otherwise), and third party publishers. The latter two will make up the bulk of it, of course, as usual.

Add some next gen talk, xCloud and Game Pass updates, likely new studio acquisitions, some PC talk, maybe new features on both Windows and console... Plenty of things to talk about, even without unforeseen surprises.

I thought last year's conference was really well-paced with very few slow moments.

Yeah, I loved it. The one before it as well.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Last year was perfect in terms of speed. Only slow and abit nothing was the Gamepass part. That was it. The rest was great from game after game, to new studio's to next gen talk and showing commitment to gaming itself as MS and not only Xbox and then the icing on the cake the Cybperpunk hack wich was very well done.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there no leaks at all about this?

We can take a good guess at what's going to be there, but I miss the days of some hints about announcements etc.

Unless they have nothing to announce? lol

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I forgot what this was, just checked some videos, it looks amazing!

And Ori 2, don't forget about that one, it might be the game of the show. Ori 1 is one of my favorite games of all times, nearly dethroned Super Metroid at the release, only dropped down a tiny bit because of the simplistic combat (no aiming). Still the best game on XB1 for me.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
That's probably happening next year.

Well, it's probably going to be a combination of updates on their already announced first party games, perhaps a couple of new internal projects, one or two new first party collaborations with external partners, indies ("exclusive console debuts" and otherwise), and third party publishers. The latter two will make up the bulk of it, of course, as usual.

Add some next gen talk, xCloud and Game Pass updates, likely new studio acquisitions, some PC talk, maybe new features on both Windows and console... Plenty of things to talk about, even without unforeseen surprises.

Yeah, I loved it. The one before it as well.
Sounds realistic all around, it's easy to get carried away with the hype but it feels like I can believe all you say. Didn't realize they might announce more studio acquisitions though. I know what I want but I know it won't happen.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Last year was perfect in terms of speed. Only slow and abit nothing was the Gamepass part. That was it. The rest was great from game after game, to new studio's to next gen talk and showing commitment to gaming itself as MS and not only Xbox and then the icing on the cake the Cybperpunk hack wich was very well done.
There's always a game they spend too much time on. Last year was Division and the year before it was Mordor. Hopefully this year they'll keep those third parties in check.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
I'm in for the Gears 5 demo, Ori release date, From, and Ninja Theory's new IP. Honestly though if the Gears 5 demo is on point then I'm satisfied. Anything else is icing.

A post-mortem on Crackdown 3 would be cool too. Like a 4-5 minute apology.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they did great last year and had probably the best conference out of all of the conferences. I would think they're gonna kill it this year. It's gonna feel so weird when the time Sony's conference starts comes around and theres no conference lmao. However, it's gonna be great, can't wait to watch and have fun
It was good but not enough 1st party. If everyone is just wishing for them to show more multiplat games I dont even see the reason to watch over just looking at a Twitter announcement.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Actually Square Enix has taken the PlayStation time slot so there will be a hype conference/video at that time for us to watch. FF7R alone will have people hyped at least.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yes :) lack of Sony conference surely means more 3rd party over on the Xbox conference as that's where most of the eyes will be that week.