• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 23, 2018
Other than cringy segments(Except the DMC V one last year. Really enjoyed that speech) their last two E3s have been really enjoyable to watch.

Rather than the next-gen Xbox, which will very likely have a presence via teaser at a minimum, I'm wondering how many more third parties will be showing up during this conference with PlayStation absent. It'd be lame if some third parties are backing out because of no PS conference this year, for multiplatform games that is... except in the case there's a PlayStation event taking place soon(tm).

Looking forward to seeing more from Halo, Ori, hopefully Cyberpunk, Capcom, FromSoftware and I'm probably leaving out some others. I wonder if we'll see some titles with next-gen consoles as their target platform...

Oh! And also improvements for the PC side of things like improving the store, perhaps more content for PC game pass or much more content available just in general. Would they be featuring this PC side on the Xbox conference or the PC Gaming Show, though? They gotta improve that, for sure.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix is having their own presentation this year, so it'll likely be showcased there.

If Kingdom hearts 3 and FFXV is any indication. FF7R will be on every stage they can get it on.

Sonys show. Their own show and Microsofts show. Somehow SE has broken the console exclusive marketing cycle and can get their big Japanese game on everyones stage

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Kingdom hearts 3 and FFXV is any indication. FF7R will be on every stage they can get it on.

Sonys show. Their own show and Microsofts show. Somehow SE has broken the console exclusive marketing cycle and can get their big Japanese game on everyones stage
FF7R is possibly still a console launch exclusive and/or Sony has the marketing rights to it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FF7R is possibly still a console launch exclusive and/or Sony has the marketing rights to it.

We shall see but its telling that any mention of exclusivity was erased with the recent State of Play showing. Nowhere in Square's or Sony's talk mentioned it anymore.

And we have had retail listings for the Xbox version since the infamous Wallmart Canada leak last year.

If I was a betting man I would bet on it having a showing on Xbox this year. Perhaps with a confirmation of next gen plans for the game.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna see total backwards compatibility on their new console with every single game going back to the original Xbox. Complete library carried forward. And the same goes for PS5 too. Anything less is total failure and can fuck right off.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States

I fully expect FFVIIR to be on stage for the Xbox E3 briefing in which I think we get a new trailer with the Tifa Lockhart reveal and the we get an extended gameplay reveal during the SE E3 briefing.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Sure. As far as on-stage demos go, I'm just saying their conference seems the most likely.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm guessing an extended demo of Halo: Infinite and a light Scarlett reveal plus the usual cadence of teases and reveals. Hoping we see Battletoads!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We shall see but its telling that any mention of exclusivity was erased with the recent State of Play showing. Nowhere in Square's or Sony's talk mentioned it anymore.

And we have had retail listings for the Xbox version since the infamous Wallmart Canada leak last year.

If I was a betting man I would bet on it having a showing on Xbox this year. Perhaps with a confirmation of next gen plans for the game.
You could be right, and it would be huge on the MS stage. I guess we'll soon find out.
I wanna see total backwards compatibility on their new console with every single game going back to the original Xbox. Complete library carried forward. And the same goes for PS5 too. Anything less is total failure and can fuck right off.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen so you might as well get over those expectations.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
It is time... Announce next Xbox to be released in 9 months (March 2020), build up momentum until then, catch Sony off guard, overshadow the PS5 announcement which is probably gonna be early 2020. MS should, or need to launch earlier.

This?

Conference-Schedule.jpg
Why is this so low res?

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's not gonna happen so you might as well get over those expectations.
It shouldn't be an unrealistic expectation though, that's the thing. People give way too much leeway to these manufacturers and don't demand enough. There's nothing too difficult in delivering on it either. Just a matter of will, the cost would not be prohibitive.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I doubt they will have many exclusive games but it will be first look at next gen? Mostly cross

No exclusive but first on Play Station

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we get some FH4 updates?
Yes, you're getting a massive next expansion supposedly with with a major license.
It shouldn't be an unrealistic expectation though, that's the thing. People give way too much leeway to these manufacturers and don't demand enough. There's nothing too difficult in delivering on it either. Just a matter of will, the cost would not be prohibitive.
So you don't know what you're actually talking about. LOL. Please tell us how can they get past licenses and publishing if the consoles don't even play games off the disc?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first E3 with owning an Xbox One, so I have more of an interest in their conference than the past few years. I'm excited to see what they have to show.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Pretty much every third party major showing/announcement since nothing can be split off for Playstation. Their online service will probably be shown, probably more details on Xbox Next, some trailers for exclusives that are years away, and sizable game play chunks for games like Gears 5 and Forza. Oh, and an indie section.

My only issue with this are the teaser trailers for their far off exclusive games. I hate that, and in general only Squeenix does it now, but my guess is MSFT is going to be doing it a lot this year.
Yea? Except that most of the exclusive games they showed last year are coming out.. this year? Only squeenix and.. Bethesda with TES6? And UBI with BGE2? And the true masters of the art, Sony, who discussed like 6(?) exclusive games on stage, none of which were new. Two of those games have since released (do we count Dreams?), we don't even know WHAT YEAR the other 3 are coming.

Just saying. Don't hold specific publishers to rules no one else is following lol

LOL. You can demand it. You can also pay the millions/billions needed to buy all those licenses and revive those legal entities so that your dream is possible. I'm happy where we are. Don't expect 100% compatibility, even if the tech is perfectly developed, on either platform.