• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
48996863823_2ed03021f8_o.gif

• Release Date: November 4th, 2019​
  • MSRP: $179.99​
  • Platforms: Xbox One, PC​

49012277823_160e318872_o.png

49012806296_4b9d49e5d8_o.png

49013013787_41aac0fe01_o.png

49012277758_1dc6cc389b_o.png

49013013767_4196ed6c4f_o.png

49012277718_f7e022b62c_o.png

Announce Trailer

Official Unboxing

Last edited:

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Excited for this, mine is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I wasn't going to get one but the rubber grips on my Elite yesterday came off, shop can't give me a new one but can give me a voucher worth 150 bucks. Meaning I get to have the elite 2 for 30 bucks, because I never bought the elite myself in the first place. This store gave me one as a gift when they couldn't deliver me the Scorpio edition.

Happy as hell!

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Mines dispatched with expected delivery on Tuesday (UK).

Pretty excited for this, really hoping the build quality is improved over the first mainly around the bumpers and the grip. My first one has served me well but it's pretty much falling to pieces...

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Mine's sitting on my porch waiting for me to get home to it. Already loaned my O.G. Elite to a friend.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I think this video was the first one I saw that really highlighted the "modifier" input. Or whatever they called it... "shift paddle?"

embedded video starts at "shift button" talk
I can't wait until Tuesday for some reason. I have two series 1 elites lol, but I'm really itching to get my hands on the Series 2. I'm more interested in seeing how much the recipient to the gift order I (and some friends) placed will like theirs too.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine just shipped from Best Buy! Hoping I can get a surprise Saturday arrival.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Picking mine up on Monday since I am off. Can't wait. I have the V.1 which I have had since launch with Zero issues...so looking forward to the new one with the variable tension on the sticks.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
I have this preordered but now I'm second guessing. I mostly game on PC, so generally use mouse and keyboard for most games. But this does look sexy. But it's also pricey...

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
Mine got delivered today. I'm going to mess with it tonight. I've been using the original Elite since launch so I'm excited to compare and contrast the two.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Buying it begrudgingly on Monday.

But honestly Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Xbox controller variants (I'm an expert), but longevity and external batteries are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with Sony where you can become successful by just putting out any piece of shit controller regardless of ergonomics or battery life. If you screw someone over in the Xbox fanbase, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Xbox public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the Elite V2 for any reason, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's design lab versions. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and bring out an Elite V2 with external batteries or you can kiss your business goodbye.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Xbox controller variants (I'm an expert), but longevity and external batteries are huge parts of it. It's not like it is with Sony where you can become successful by just putting out any piece of shit controller regardless of ergonomics or battery life. If you screw someone over in the Xbox fanbase, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Xbox public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the Elite V2 for any reason, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's design lab versions. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and bring out an Elite V2 with external batteries or you can kiss your business goodbye.

giphy.gif

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monday can't come soon enough! Also those that got it early are you using the same XBOX accessories app to customize or is there an upgrade?

Also pics or it didn't happen!

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Yummy!
P8dZAAw.jpg

So far I'm not sure if I like the shortened paddles. I use all 4, and right now feels a little weird. I never had a problem accidentally hitting them on the O.G.

Holy shit at the stick tension! Game changer!

I'm still on team AA Batteries, so boo a little, I guess.

A neat little feature I have not seen discussed yet: On the O.G. Elite, when setting the hair triggers, you also had to manually adjust the trigger sensitivity in the Accessories app so the game didn't just think you were pulling the trigger half way and stopping. With the Series 2, there seems to be a sensor in each hair trigger lock that automatically sets the sensitivity to 100% for each position. Great time saver.

The new Accessories app to do all the customization is much improved. It let me port over all my custom configurations from the O.G. to the S2.

It kinda smells funny.

You can see a little cloth cover over the charging dock in the picture. Am I supposed to remove this? Fold it up before charging? Charge right through it?

It still has that ridiculous 300ft 9ft braided USB cable the O.G. had, except now with C on one end.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Never gets old

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Really missed the mark by not selling these on a Friday the 1st AKA, I do t wanna wait until Monday to get mine on top of working a busy week on the 4th 😭

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
ordered one from MS this week and they bumped the release date up to Monday from the 19th. Can't wait

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I never got the first one, so I bought this one for myself for my birthday (all my friends chipped in 10 bucks) I'm excited!

This will 90% be used on my pc though, don't game on my Xbox much. Now just waiting for the Amazon tracking to update...
th

P. S. Any way to get this working on ps4...

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Had the first one for about a year and a half and I love it. Trade in value anywhere for it right now is absolute shit.

Doing my best to not spend $200 on a controller but time will tell.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
A neat little feature I have not seen discussed yet: On the O.G. Elite, when setting the hair triggers, you also had to manually adjust the trigger sensitivity in the Accessories app so the game didn't just think you were pulling the trigger half way and stopping. With the Series 2, there seems to be a sensor in each hair trigger lock that automatically sets the sensitivity to 100% for each position. Great time saver.
This is great. I always thought it was a little tedious to have to adjust that for every game profile you make where you want to use the hair trigger locks.

Thanks for sharing!
This was already linked in the OP, but I still enjoyed re-reading it.

winwood

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK

I was never a fan of internal batteries either, batteries in both my PS4 controllers are awful.

However, I bought an official Xbox One Play and Charge kit in 2014 and have been using it in my Elite V1 since launch in 2015.

I don't game as much as I used to now having a family, but I get on most days so clock up 10-20 hours per week. I plug my controller in once every 2-3 weeks while gaming to charge.

Based on the quality of the Xbox One Play and Charge kit battery, I'm not worried at all about the internal battery in the V2.

Really looking forward to getting this on Monday.

Last edited: