• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing via bluetooth on my pc and it works great, except every few minutes, it seems to lose connection for a second or two, the game stutters, and then it comes back. Seen in both Fallout 4 on Steam and The Outer Worlds on PC Game Pass. Anyone experience anything similar?
Bluetooth + Steam is super-fucked for me as I've mentioned many times in this thread. Still not fixed. Wired is fine, games + Bluetooth are fine only if I close Steam.

Last edited:

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
its only been a day but I don't think I can go back to a controller without paddles and trigger stops. Man I love this thing lol.

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017
Love the controller, but the A button sticking has become unbearable after a day of playing. Guess I'll wait for Best Buy to get stock to exchange it out.

I was really excited to use this, I hope this isn't a widespread issue.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I posted my config earlier in the thread:
  • Any of the shortest sticks for left stick
  • Loosest stick tension on left stick
  • Tallest stick on right stick
  • Tightest stick tension on right stick
  • Hair triggers set to shortest setting
  • Top right paddle mapped to A for jump
  • Bottom right paddle mapped to B for crouch
  • Top left paddle mapped to Y for switch weapon
  • Bottom left paddle mapped to X for reload
  • Play with high sensitivity in game settings

Works great for me!
Did this except mapped bottom left paddle to left trigger and man it's amazing! Aiming feels better with the paddles for me than the trigger.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
oh ok, wonder if it works better with the dongle then.

I might buy one before the end of the week to test

e: there is an update available, you just have to plug it in via usb and use the xbox accessories app in the microsoft app store. i'll report back if the issue is resolved or not

qpMEOGe.png

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Seems to be backordered 1-2 months on Amazon. I'm going to end up using the dongle since I own it already and it works flawlessly and its so easy to sync.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think the dingle-dongle is the way to go for now. Trying to use it on my Surface Pro via Bluetooth in steam and I can't even properly navigate Big Picture mode with it. it just seems like the buttons will change what they're mapped randomly. It'll also show up as two different controllers (like someone else mentioned yesterday, I think) in steam (as "Xbox 360 controller" and "Bluetooth Xinput compatible input device"). The "Xbox 360" input keeps disappearing and reappearing, which makes me wonder if that's what's causing the mappings to change on the fly, but I have Xbox Controller configuration turned off because I don't want to change the mappings. And the mappings should be the same between those two anyways, so I don't know what's up.

I updated my controller as soon as i got it earlier today to the latest firmware.

Using the wireless adapter that's plugged into my desktop works great. Just fine, I mean by that, and wired hasn't given me issues either.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
On Xbox. Happened a lot with me elite 1 too. Expected better wireless on this one

i want to break it when it's happening during online play
never had connection issue with my v1s on Xbox, but these v2s are a bit concerning.

If they work good with the dongle on PC then im good.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
never had connection issue with my v1s on Xbox, but these v2s are a bit concerning.

If they work good with the dongle on PC then im good.
I start to think it's an issue with my one X. But Scorpio controller is ok.
Elite v1/2 and my first arctis 9x has a lot of disconnect. I changed the 9x recently as I couldn't bear it it's much better now.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So how is series 2 compared to series 1? I'd love to upgrade, just so expensive. I've only had my elite 1 for about a year.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
So how is series 2 compared to series 1? I'd love to upgrade, just so expensive. I've only had my elite 1 for about a year.

It is a noticeable difference in upgrades but if you like what you have there is no real reason to update it unless you want the latest and greatest.

The entire body being rubber is great, and the tension choices for the sticks plus the additional setting for the triggers is a welcome feature. The software to customize and the additional game profile switch on the fly is worth it for me.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I think it's too soon to really answer that question. I love the way it feels with the grips finally on the front, but the durability question is still on everyone's mind, and I think it'll be a while before people figure out best how to use the shift system.

I think it'll hold more weight for people who like tighter sticks of course (I set mine to the loosest) and people who don't use rechargeable AAs. At this point I'd recommend anyone who wants an Elite to get the Series 2 if they didn't have one even if it's more than the older ones and I've seen older ones go for 110 new, but for an upgrade I'm not entirely sure yet. Oh right, if you've had a problem with accidental mis-presses on the paddles on the old controller, then this one might solve or lessen that problem compared to the old one.

That said, I freaking love mine, lol.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
First time ever using paddles before....I love never having to move my fingers of the triggers/sticks. I don't think I could go back to a controller without paddles.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Anyone using the Xbox Accessories app have an issues where the configuration options for the paddles are off screen so you can't configure them? They're well below the task bar and even hiding that won't let me get to them.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

It's just an improved version. The series 1 controller is still the best in the business aside from the new one. My series 1 is still going strong and I've used it since day 1 on PC and hundreds of hours on Xbox One X.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone using the Xbox Accessories app have an issues where the configuration options for the paddles are off screen so you can't configure them? They're well below the task bar and even hiding that won't let me get to them.
I can't say I've had that issue myself.
Do you have the app maximized? Have you tried it not maximized? When I have it un-maximized I can bring the bottom up so it'll cut off the paddles, but I can just bring down the bottom edge again.

That's a weird-ass sentence, so here's what I mean.
Resizing the window and bringing the bottom edge up.
eWPKX40.png

Lowering it back down.
CdkOiBi.png

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I can't say I've had that issue myself.
Do you have the app maximized? Have you tried it not maximized? When I have it un-maximized I can bring the bottom up so it'll cut off the paddles, but I can just bring down the bottom edge again.

That's a weird-ass sentence, so here's what I mean.
Resizing the window and bringing the bottom edge up.
eWPKX40.png

Lowering it back down.
CdkOiBi.png

That was actually the one thing I didn't try and it did solve the problem. Thanks for the help!

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
I'm having a hell of a time finding a retailer in Japan who's stocking the thing. They all said 11/5 they'd have stock and when 11/5 came they all immediately switched to sold out. it happened so fast that I doubt any actually received any inventory

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
So I got the controller and it is marvelous. I am having issues keeping it connected through bluetooth on my pc though. It randomly disconnects and the xbox light blinks repeatedly. Any idea how to fix this or why it's happening? Thinking about returning for a new one.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So. Got this thing connected to the Switch through a Mayfair Switch-NS and I got to wonder: Has anyone tried to make a Smash Ultimate preset yet with a left stick sensitivity shift?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried to make a Smash Ultimate preset yet with a left stick sensitivity shift?
That would be interesting.

Are you connected to that adapter via the wire, or are you using Bluetooth? Someone else wasn't able to connect to the 8bitdo adapter for switch using Bluetooth and I haven't been able to get it to pair with the Playstation Classic 8bitdo adapter either (it's basically the same thing).

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the controller and it is marvelous. I am having issues keeping it connected through bluetooth on my pc though. It randomly disconnects and the xbox light blinks repeatedly. Any idea how to fix this or why it's happening? Thinking about returning for a new one.
Might be your Bluetooth receiver. My friend had to order the Xbox specific adapter to get it to work. But the controller works fine on mine and my phone. Maybe try connecting it to your phone.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
How is the clickiness of the sticks on these? Clicking in LS and RS on my old Elite always felt really mushy.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Used mine for all of five minutes last night, seems okay verses series one. The think to notice immediately was the paddles being more clicky, seems good so far.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would be interesting.

Are you connected to that adapter via the wire, or are you using Bluetooth? Someone else wasn't able to connect to the 8bitdo adapter for switch using Bluetooth and I haven't been able to get it to pair with the Playstation Classic 8bitdo adapter either (it's basically the same thing).
Wire. I could do the same thing with the Elite 1, but the weird deadzone issues on that controller made Smash unplayable with it. I'm expecting the Mayfair-NS to probably get an update soon, since even the PS Classic got some cross-controller support this summer.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Might be your Bluetooth receiver. My friend had to order the Xbox specific adapter to get it to work. But the controller works fine on mine and my phone. Maybe try connecting it to your phone.
Think i figured it out. I googled and a lot of people are having this issue with my MOBO.. so it's that I'm sure. Gotta wait for drivers I guess. I'm fine using it wired for now.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
That stick tension is gonna be a game changer. Gonna have to try a few setups out but I'm enjoying V2 more than V1 already

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
One thing I've noticed immediately is that the paddles are significantly smaller than the Series 1. really screwing with my muscle memory. luckily the original paddles slot in just fine.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I've noticed immediately is that the paddles are significantly smaller than the Series 1. really screwing with my muscle memory. luckily the original paddles slot in just fine.
Yeah, lol. It didn't take long until I swapped in my old paddles. I'm just so used to them. I can use and get used to the smaller ones, but I don't need to since I don't have problems with accidental paddle inputs so the larger ones just feel better to me.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Do your series 2 paddles slot into the series 1 controller? If yes, I'll wait to buy series 2 replacement paddles for my series 1.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I love this thing but I don't like the texture on the front of the controller. Wish they would have left it the way the old elite was. The texture just feels weird as shit against my left hand.

The paddles are much better. I wish the flat thumb sticks would work on the version 1.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone's interested, they briefly talked about the Elite Series 2 on the Bombcast today

from 1:28:30ish - 1:34:40ish

time-coded embed

Short story short: Mr. Gerstmann really likes it especially the adjustable tension and the grips that wrap around to the front. I'd reckon everyone in this thread already knows everything they talked about, lol.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

So many seem to be having BT issues. I'm sort of glad I still have the dongle.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I went back to the dongle. Not sure if my BT receiver just sucks but the connection was too spotty.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any modifications to the stick sensitivity/curve within the Accessories app?
I personally think it's best to stick with the default/linear sensitivity curve, as it will provide a consistent and predictable output. The others could come in handy but I haven't messed with them much.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Switching between this one and the Switch pro Controller for Luigi is really weird. It's sooo heavy. I have to get used to it.

I also had problems with Bluetooth in Steam and it's not possible to configure the Buttons without a cable. I switched to the old Microsoft Dongle and now everything is fine - except rewasd but I hope this will be a matter of days.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yeah bluetooth on PC seems pretty borked for basically everyone... tempted to order a dongle, only 17 bucks, but I'd rather the controller not cost more than 200 altogether to get it to work right lol... might wait a week or so for a patch.

Why not to just use USB cable? It isn't like that thing is too short.

That is definitely my short-term solution. I love a lack of wires though with my laptop.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yeah bluetooth on PC seems pretty borked for basically everyone... tempted to order a dongle, only 17 bucks, but I'd rather the controller not cost more than 200 altogether to get it to work right lol... might wait a week or so for a patch.

Why not to just use USB cable? It isn't like that thing is too short.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Well I couldn't resist... I'm picking one up tonight haha. Hoping it impresses.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017

That is definitely my short-term solution. I love a lack of wires though with my laptop.

I ordered the new smaller dongle, will report back. Seems like ordering on Amazon is sketchy, many people getting v1 dongles. I ordered directly from MS's online store.

I'll use a cable if needed, but the point was to be wireless.