• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Cable wouldn't be an option for me since I use my PC like a console on my TV. And come on...A controller THIS expensive should work without a cable.

I'm glad I didn't throw away the old dongle after the BT Controller release.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cable wouldn't be an option for me since I use my PC like a console on my TV. And come on...A controller THIS expensive should work without a cable.

I'm glad I didn't throw away the old dongle after the BT Controller release.

I'm sure a fix is in order for the BT issue.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The bluetooth situation is pretty fucked. My controller doesn't even sync with BT. Thankfully I have the ugly xbox wireless adapter, so I can at least use the controller for now.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Bluetooth seems borked at least on my end. Constantly disconnects and frames would drop everytime. I have the Xbox wireless adapter for my standard controller and it's working fine with that, but it's kinda of a bummer.

Controller is perfect otherwise for me.

Oct 29, 2017
My dpad button on my elite V2 was making a sticky line sound and had to return the controller to Costco. To much money to not be 100% satisfied for me

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
mine is doing that when i press up on my d-pad, too. debating exchanging.

I can't argue with anyone that for that price you just go back and ask for a new one. It's simple as that. But I bet it's pretty annoying to have to return to the store for such things, even more so if when you get another one and after a while other buttons start acting up.

But that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. For almost two years I didn't have a issue with my Elite V1, but then the rubber grips came off. :(

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up earlier.

What a controller. I don't know if it is worth the money. But fuck it, had to have it.

I don't know if any controller is really worth $180, but if there ever WERE one that was worth it, this would be it. Feels as premium as can be in just about every way.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
My first edition elite works just fine, there's really no reason to upgrade yeah?
It depends. My elite v1 controller had annoying analog stick drift from the start. Could be mitigated with Steam controller calibration settings, but still annoying. My elite v2 has no stick drift at all (tested in games that would give me issues with the previous controller). I really like it so far. It sucks that bluetooth doesn't work properly, though.

May 30, 2018
I can't argue with anyone that for that price you just go back and ask for a new one. It's simple as that. But I bet it's pretty annoying to have to return to the store for such things, even more so if when you get another one and after a while other buttons start acting up.

i just checked the costco website and it looks like the product page isn't there (as has happened before). so unfortunately i can't buy a new one and return the old one. and the closest physical costco near me is still a bit out of the way, assuming they'd have some in to exchange.

i'm going to wait to see if/when it's available to order again from costco. i want to keep my order there due to the return policy and price. and the sound is already becoming quieter and doesn't seem to affect the actual button presses at all, which is reassuring. it may just go away after breaking it in more.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
My first edition elite works just fine, there's really no reason to upgrade yeah?
I think it just depends on what's important to you.

Like, I'm pretty sure the adjustable tension sticks are important to a lot of people, (even though I loosened mine back to XB1 levels).

If you had issues with accidental paddle clicks before, this one seems to be made to lessen those with smaller paddles that take a "teeny tiny" bit more effort to actuate (to be clear though: but still not a lot where it's annoying to use them).

I think Bluetooth was something a lot of people were looking forward to, but that's something I'd recommend waiting on. I've had issues with PC via BT, a lot of other people are having issues with PC via BT. I haven't tried pairing it with my phone though.

Also something that I think will become more appreciated as people figure out how best to use it is the "Shift" feature.

Arith

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone getting an issue with MS Chat headset and the series 2? Works fine with all my other controllers, but in a party I get distorted voices from friends chat, kinda like 5 yr olds on helium, and my outgoing chat doesnt work at all. Squawker ring flashes rapidly for a few seconds on connection, then nothing. I am on Delta ring insider.

winwood

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just registered my Series 2 here in the UK and it appears to have a 2 year warranty.

Under the Device Service and replacement page it says:

Manufacturer Warranty ends 12/22/2021

"Which is actually a little over 2 years."

Next to that it also says

"Technical Support Plan ends 03/21/2020"

Under that it says 1 year, march 2020 definately isn't a year.

Warranty sounds good, longer than normal, but does anyone know what the "Technical Support Plan" is?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought mine on the Xbox store via the awards app to get 15000 points.
Isn't showing the points yet tho :'(
I've had to contact the rewards support for points before. It was for something else though, something much smaller like 4 rentals in a month. It was a long time ago so I can't remember too much.

At the bottom of https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/ there's a link for "Contact Rewards Support" that leads to a form to fill out and they're supposed to get back to you within a day.

There's a text box specifically for " If your Rewards account is not earning points, or if you did not receive points for an action, please provide details regarding the offer you are referring to and the number of points missing: "

May 25, 2019
London
My one paddle (the bottom right one) is a little loose - it doesn't click in all the way so if I turn the controller on its side, it dangles a little more than it should.

I've swapped it out with the paddle above it and its definitely the paddle itself, not the slot for it. Wonder how easy it would be to get a replacement single paddle from the Microsoft Store

Awakened

Oct 27, 2017
Since no one's really mentioned it in this thread, the bumpers feel better to me compared to the V1. They actuate with less force and feel a little less cheap. I never had my V1 bumpers break, but they felt like they could if I pressed them too hard or two quickly. I never really trusted them for dashing in MMX or Zero, but I think these might be up to snuff.

The new paddles are much improved IMO. The bottom two on my V1 would wobble a lot. The new ones are rock solid and were actually kind of hard to pull out. Must be a combo of stronger magnets, the lighter metal they seem to be made out of and their smaller size. And the higher actuation force so you don't accidentally press them is nice.

I think I like using the shortest pull setting for the triggers for games that don't support analog triggers. It doesn't feel quite as good and true digital triggers, but it's not bad.

The only problem I've come across so far are a few missed A presses. It seems to only happen when I very lightly tap A. When playing The Messenger, there have been a few low jumps from quick taps I wanted to make that didn't happen. I remember having this happen on the V1 occasionally. It's been infrequent enough to not frustrate me and I feel like it's happening less as I think I'm getting used to pressing it a little harder. It's definitely not as bad as something like the errant diagonals on the Switch Pro. I do wish we could get something better than rubber membranes for face buttons though. I pine for something that feels as good as Sanwa buttons on a pad.

Oh, and it's a little wierd that I have to press the guide button to turn the controller on when using it wired on PC. It doesn't turn on automatically when wired like the V1.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People with Bluetooth issues, do you have a normal Xbox One controller to compare it with? It's not the best as far as Bluetooth range goes from my experience but I've been able to live with it, don't think I could use a controller that was any worse in that regard, though.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
People with Bluetooth issues, do you have a normal Xbox One controller to compare it with? It's not the best as far as Bluetooth range goes from my experience but I've been able to live with it, don't think I could use a controller that was any worse in that regard, though.

I have used the X1 and DS4 previously, the elite's issues don't seem to have anything to do with the range. I have played from the couch (8-10 ft) and literally right in front of my laptop (1 ft) and it makes no difference, random disconnects and lag spikes just happen.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have used the X1 and DS4 previously, the elite's issues don't seem to have anything to do with the range. I have played from the couch (8-10 ft) and literally right in front of my laptop (1 ft) and it makes no difference, random disconnects and lag spikes just happen.
Oh damn, that sucks. Hopefully they can get it fixed with an update.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Picked mine up earlier today, haven't had an extensive play session with it but tried it on Rocket League for a short while and...

Ugh, I think it's faulty. The B button seems to occasionally miss the button press and not register. It seems to be when it isn't pressed perfectly and straight down, which was never an issue on the original Elite pad.

Here's a gameplay video from RL [Note: I was holding down boost ( B ) the entire time through the start].
Here's a video of the config checker vs me pressing the button down.

Very frustrating for such an expensive piece of kit. I'm going to try it more extensively tomorrow and if it's no different, I guess I'll have to try and get it exchanged?

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just got mine in hand and the quality feel is so good. Even the box itself is high quality.

Was the bumper issue ever addressed?

I'm pretty sure it was addressed in the first design and they offered people replacements for free regardless of warranty period. Mine wasn't even faulty and they sent me another one because they wanted to make sure it wasn't going to become faulty and I just ended up selling the older one to someone.

As far as the new one goes it has completely new bumpers so I'd assume so.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah BT just straight doesn't work lol.

Will probably return it in soon if they don't put out a patch.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Wow this thing is a beast and feels better than the original which I'm still using now. I'm not even gonna try BT since I already have the dongle and I'm constantly pairing it between PC and my XB1X which the dongle makes it so easy to do. So far no issues, all buttons work flawlessly and the triggers and grips feel amazing. I know its pricey but man the quality is there.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played with it a bit last night and it feels great. No disconnects after a few hours with it, but too early to say if that is fixed for me or not (I don't think my elite was the problem, but I'm hoping I'm wrong).

The only issue I have is that pressing up on the dpad makes an odd noise. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it and it's not that loud, but it is there.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is anyone able to get this thing working properly in Steam's Big Picture Mode through Bluetooth? No Xbox dongles, straight Bluetooth. I have a *lot* of problems with inputs being detected incorrectly. I'll press A to confirm something but it'll back out of the menu instead.

Steam is detecting the one Elite as two separate controllers but I'm unable to fix it in Steam's settings.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So I watched this hour long video from Kotaku's Tim Rogers about the Elite Series 2 via SIFTD.

I thought it was pretty great (if you have a free hour lol).

I never knew about the "software level drift prediction." That's a pretty awesome feature if it works well! I'm surprised I didn't hear about it already, since I've been so into this controller since they revealed it at E3.