• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stick tension, better grips, usb c, Bluetooth, better paddles + more customization. The over all feel of the controller is just fantastic.
I love it

i use stick tension médium. Grips are a bit better yeah. Don't care much about usb c I had a docking charge for 2 controller now it's just one. I have another controller just for cloud/ remote. but you forget the biggest change. More setting saved. It's actually 4 for people like me you used default (no costum settings for random games ) and one profile that I was constantly switching for my games. Now I have default / cod / smite / gears 5 currently

if anybody is playing smite , elite is a game changer

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Can you post a link to that. I tried to find it but couldn't . I bought mine and Best Buy if that matters? Thanks
Someone posted this to me earlier in the thread. I thanked them, but I still haven't gotten around to fully reading the terms yet.
Here you go - extended warranty option for $20 US / 3 years

(edit: see my later post about this before paying for this)

people like me you used default (no costum settings for random games ) and one profile that I was constantly switching for my games. Now I have default / cod / smite / gears 5 currently
Yeah, I'm the same way and did the same thing with the old. It feels great to have the extra profiles now and not have to dive into the Xbox Accessories app as often now.

I think the shift feature is a killer feature in hiding right now, until people figure out the best ways to use it I think it'll not be mentioned that much. When there is a good way to use it that's found out, I feel like it's going to be a thing that people won't shut up about lol.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Tim Rogers review before going to bed last night was a really bad idea. I've used the hell out of my Series 1 controller the past two years, and everything he talked about in his video seemed like great improvements.

I see that a lot of people are having a lot of issues with bluetooth though. Does the controller still work fine on PC when using the old Xbox One wireless controller adapter, and when connected wirelessly to an Xbox One? I don't need bluetooth to work as long as the classic way is still functional. (Though I won't be getting one of these for a while, so hopefully any problems are ironed out by then)

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Watching the Tim Rogers review before going to bed last night was a really bad idea. I've used the hell out of my Series 1 controller the past two years, and everything he talked about in his video seemed like great improvements.

I see that a lot of people are having a lot of issues with bluetooth though. Does the controller still work fine on PC when using the old Xbox One wireless controller adapter, and when connected wirelessly to an Xbox One? I don't need bluetooth to work as long as the classic way is still functional. (Though I won't be getting one of these for a while, so hopefully any problems are ironed out by then)
Yes. Works fine with the dongle.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have some kind of tutorial about the thumbstick sensitivity curve set up ? What does it do exactly ? What's the difference between instant/aggressive/smooth.. ?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have some kind of tutorial about the thumbstick sensitivity curve set up ? What does it do exactly ? What's the difference between instant/aggressive/smooth.. ?
I haven't used other curves because I'm so used to how analog sticks work by default lol.
If you look at the circle around the stick in the analog stick adjustment in the Xbox Accessories app, when you move from the Default curve you'll see (at times, depends on the curve) a white marker and a purple marker. The white marker is how far the physical stick is moving and purple marker is how far the stick is registering movement.

If you're curious about it and want to like... "back and forth" it, I'd recommend leaving it to defualt and setting a "shift" setting to another curve, so you can test it out and get a feeling about the difference just by holding and releasing a "shift" paddle to switch back and forth.

Yes. Works fine with the dongle.
I'll echo this. It works perfectly fine and how you'd expect it to work with the dongle.
It has been really screwy on my end too with a BT connection with a PC (my controller was updated on Tuesday when I got it).

Last edited:

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
JustinH : good idea about the shift setting to test on the fly. I'm mostly curious about the "delayed" curve as I know i tend to go to far when moving the stick to the max and can easily shoot a few inches passed the target (I'm getting old and my cooordination isn't what it used to be lol). I think I need to do some quite extensive A/B testing...

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah! I would contact support before paying for that and clarifying something NowhereFaded

Covered Essentials for Xbox Elite Controller: Coverage for one (1) Xbox Elite controller.
NOTICE

– EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED ITEMS: ANY OTHER ACCESSORIES OR ADD-ON ITEMS THAT ARE NOT LISTED IN THE "COVERED ESSENTIALS" PROVISIONS ABOVE, ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS PLAN

Note that it does not say the full "proper" name of the new controller which is "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2" or some shit like that.

I would make sure that it covers the new controller as well, and not just the first elite controller. If it does not, then the terms say that if you "cancel the contract" within 30 days you'll get a 100% refund if you already paid for it.

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
Feels really nice, not sure if it'll beat the C40 as my go to PC controller but it is really nice-feels good in the hands.

Bluetooth has been acting up for me too.

I wish the highest stick tension was a little stronger, the Battle Beaver modules I've been using have me spoiled.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Just got a email from Best buy that it arrived a day early!!!! Hyped!! Picking it up after work and then breaking it in on Destiny

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a email from Best buy that it arrived a day early!!!! Hyped!! Picking it up after work and then breaking it in on Destiny
Great! Glad you're able to get one soon!
I don't really play Destiny anymore, but I still had to boot it up when I got my Series 2. Destiny is just so intertwined with the Elite controller to me that even when I tried it on PC, it felt weird unless I used an elite even though I'm a big fan of mouse/keyboard (especially for shooters). This new elite has actually got me contemplating jumping back in for a while to do the weekly tasks to slowly power my way up from 750. The game just feels so good with an elite.

I didn't expect them to sell out. I guess like you can still buy them at Target, but looking at the page it would seem like they don't actually have them or something (ship to store has a pickup of a week from now). It appears Amazon and Best Buy are back-ordered too (Best Buy the site, I could drive 68 miles away to get one apparently). Microsoft's Online Store still has them in stock, at least.

I guess I wouldn't know for sure, but it still seems that during the first elite's launch it was way harder to get one if you didn't have one pre-ordered. Guess they probably didn't make that much back then because there wasn't any history of people hungry over a 150 dollar controller before?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Great! Glad you're able to get one soon!
I don't really play Destiny anymore, but I still had to boot it up when I got my Series 2. Destiny is just so intertwined with the Elite controller to me that even when I tried it on PC, it felt weird unless I used an elite even though I'm a big fan of mouse/keyboard (especially for shooters). This new elite has actually got me contemplating jumping back in for a while to do the weekly tasks to slowly power my way up from 750. The game just feels so good with an elite.

I didn't expect them to sell out. I guess like you can still buy them at Target, but looking at the page it would seem like they don't actually have them or something (ship to store has a pickup of a week from now). It appears Amazon and Best Buy are back-ordered too (Best Buy the site, I could drive 68 miles away to get one apparently). Microsoft's Online Store still has them in stock, at least.

I guess I wouldn't know for sure, but it still seems that during the first elite's launch it was way harder to get one if you didn't have one pre-ordered. Guess they probably didn't make that much back then because there wasn't any history of people hungry over a 150 dollar controller before?
I have like 6 Best buy's all within 20 minutes of each other, I went to the one down the block though. They had them in stock but only for pre orders. So when I got denied....when did this come out? Monday? Last Friday? I pre ordered right there in the parking lot on my phone with a delivery date for Friday and got here a day early. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that's a quick turn around.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Brook Converter Update

I got in contact with Brook directly about the Elite Version 2. They said a patch for the Elite 2 is coming soon but didn't give an ETA.
Just got my Brook today. Messed around with it using a regular X1 controller and I can't believe how seamless it is. Very happy with my purchase. Can't wait for the Elite S2 compatibility firmware update.

What's the difference between regular and tournament (TE) firmwares?

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the controller last night and it really feels amazing in the hand. I set the tension on the controller to the max and wow it feels soo good. My friends will finally use the original elite controller when they stop by. Never let them use it. Ha!

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Mine came with 73% charge according to my bluetooth indicator on my phone. After roughly 35 hours on xbox one x I got the "battery level low" and it made it another 3 hours. At a full charge it would have gotten nearly 50 hours, I am extremely happy with that. After a few years if it's anything like the eneloops I used with the v1 it'll still get 35-40 hours or so with any luck.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Man lucky I had the dingle from my V1 otherwise this thing would be unusable. Still can't even get my iPad to recognise it.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Brook today. Messed around with it using a regular X1 controller and I can't believe how seamless it is. Very happy with my purchase. Can't wait for the Elite S2 compatibility firmware update.

+1 for seamless!

I think the TE is just marketing to be honest lol

.hacked

Dec 10, 2017
Wish I could customize one of these like a normal Xbox controller, be all over it if I could get it in red.

Erdtree

Oct 25, 2017

Hi what brook is the right one to get,Amazon has a few different ones
Thanks

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I've got one specific question for owners of this controller. Can you hear the rumble motors at all? I ask because on both my XB1 controllers when a game pushes maximum vibration to the controller I can hear a buzz and I find this quite annoying if I'm playing with the tv volume low.

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, love this thing. Totally excessive for sure. Never did own the version 1. LOVE the maximum tension setting for the sticks. Using one of the paddles to drift in Grid is pretty neat!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These adjustable stick resistance is simply a revelation, I can loosen the walking stick and tighten the aim stick. Bloody amazing.

Not sure if this has always been there, but you can use the paddles as a shift button, for secondary commands. I've now got screenshot + video record available without my thumbs lifting away from the sticks.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

How does this work with a game that has you touch the touch pad when using a Xbox controller? I am really thinking about getting the adapter as I still have my White Elite and also have my Elite V2. Thinking of using my original Elite on the PS4 but never heard of this before and just curious how it works. To power on the console, you hit/hold the PS button on the DS, do you just hold in the lighted "X" button and it functions the same way?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
These adjustable stick resistance is simply a revelation, I can loosen the walking stick and tighten the aim stick. Bloody amazing.

Not sure if this has always been there, but you can use the paddles as a shift button, for secondary commands. I've now got screenshot + video record available without my thumbs lifting away from the sticks.

THIS. Even in something like Outer Worlds that I am playing through I have made those tension adjustments that feel so good :)

Oct 29, 2017
Will the Nintendo Switch power adapter work for charging this thing, for the dock? I think it's the only extra USB C power brick that I own. I remember something funky in regards to the Nintendo one not being full power or something?

edit: or would the iPad Pro power brick be better? I'm a USB C noob.

edit2: ooooh I have an extra USB port on a Belkin power strip. Would that work? Does THAT have to be USB C?

Last edited:

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I've got one specific question for owners of this controller. Can you hear the rumble motors at all? I ask because on both my XB1 controllers when a game pushes maximum vibration to the controller I can hear a buzz and I find this quite annoying if I'm playing with the tv volume low.
You can, but on Windows 10 (and I'm assuming you can do it inside the Xbox One's menus) you can lower the level of the vibrations. I noticed how loud the rumble in my old controllers were a couple months back and being able to control the levels of them was one of the main reason I got this thing to be honest (adjustable tension is real nice too). At full speed, they're still loud, but I dropped the level down to 50 and it's been great.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Will the Nintendo Switch power adapter work for charging this thing, for the dock? I think it's the only extra USB C power brick that I own. I remember something funky in regards to the Nintendo one not being full power or something?

edit: or would the iPad Pro power brick be better? I'm a USB C noob.

edit2: ooooh I have an extra USB port on a Belkin power strip. Would that work? Does THAT have to be USB C?

You can do USB A to USB C, it doesn't need to be C to C.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
You can, but on Windows 10 (and I'm assuming you can do it inside the Xbox One's menus) you can lower the level of the vibrations. I noticed how loud the rumble in my old controllers were a couple months back and being able to control the levels of them was one of the main reason I got this thing to be honest (adjustable tension is real nice too). At full speed, they're still loud, but I dropped the level down to 50 and it's been great.
Thanks. I was just wondering if they made similar buzzing sounds at max vibration like the general controllers do.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So the paddles are smaller!! That took some getting used to.

Not use to holding it in my hand either seems very slick. Have to set up the charging station been using it wired all night.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I was content on holding off the V2 (for now) since I still love my V1, but these positive impressions...cod damn.

The Tim Rogers video sealed the deal. I caved and ordered two. One from the MS store and another from Best Buy which had an 'open box' unit for $140. One controller for the gaming PC and the other for XB1X. I'm too lazy to re-sync the controller between systems.

V1, which is still in perfect condition after three years of solid use, will be a hand-me-down gift to my son. :)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So the paddles are smaller!! That took some getting used to.

Not use to holding it in my hand either seems very slick. Have to set up the charging station been using it wired all night.
Yeah, I was just using my old paddles at first but I swapped the new ones back in for some Destiny just to give them a while and see if I'd like the smaller paddles after some time with them.

I dunno, I guess i'm just used to the larger paddles by now, but I can see that they'd probably be better for people new to using paddles since it makes then harder to hit accidentally.

The Tim Rogers video sealed the deal.
I really like that video and have watched it a few times more simply because I think he's pretty funny (I commented elsewhere basically that he almost reminds me of a grown up Max Fisher doing video game videos). This was my first time seeing a video of his and I'm now a fan.
Something he mentioned that I didn't know existed was the "software stick drift prediction" or whatever that supposedly will help prevent stick drift in the controller's analog sticks. I really hope that as a solution works.

I have a dedicated PC and XBOX ONE elite V1 controllers too (white and black ones respectively) because I don't like dealing with re-syncing either lol, but I'll wait until a white Series 2, or any kind of variant until I buy another (I already bought 2 lol).

Anyone who hasn't seen it, ICYMI: here's a link (or it's embedded in the page prior ITT).

Warning, it's an hour long!

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I really like that video and have watched it a few times more simply because I think he's pretty funny (I commented elsewhere basically that he almost reminds me of a grown up Max Fisher doing video game videos). This was my first time seeing a video of his and I'm now a fan.
Something he mentioned that I didn't know existed was the "software stick drift prediction" or whatever that supposedly will help prevent stick drift in the controller's analog sticks. I really hope that as a solution works.

I have a dedicated PC and XBOX ONE elite V1 controllers too (white and black ones respectively) because I don't like dealing with re-syncing either lol, but I'll wait until a white Series 2, or any kind of variant until I buy another (I already bought 2 lol).

Anyone who hasn't seen it, ICYMI: here's a link (or it's embedded in the page prior ITT).

Yep, Tim's video was super informative and entertaining at the same time. He did a great job!

WRT the "software stick drift prediction," my guess is that it'll detect and compensate unintended drifting when the stick is in neutral position. Probably akin to slightly expanding the deadzone by a few percentage points.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I never noticed it, but I never really listened for it either. You could always turn down the intensity of the rumble motors in the Xbox Accessories app, but I'm not sure if that would completely get rid of the noise to be honest. (fake edit: just checking via the app, the regular vibration motors aren't noticeable, but it's the trigger rumber motors that really make an annoying sound when activated)

WRT the "software stick drift prediction," my guess is that it'll detect and compensate unintended drifting when the stick is in neutral position. Probably akin to slightly expanding the deadzone by a few percentage points.
I assumed it would notice if the stick was never actually center, but would always be slightly off or something it'd re-calibrate its center to accommodate the drift. I'm actually not sure how I feel about the deadzone expanding if that's how it worked, because using the "delayed" stick curve when my first elite got drift before I fixed it didn't really help that much (although, I guess that doesn't really do anything to the deadzone, just adjusts the curve for the "intensity" of the movement in the short movements...).

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried out the shift function tonight with Forza Horizon 4, and wow that feature is so ingenious. I normally have my paddles configured to dpad (for radio controls) and shift gears, but with the shift function I have it mapped now so when I hold LB I can also use those paddles to take a screenshot, record video and rewind. I can't wait to set this up for other games.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried out the shift function tonight with Forza Horizon 4, and wow that feature is so ingenious. I normally have my paddles configured to dpad (for radio controls) and shift gears, but with the shift function I have it mapped now so when I hold LB I can also use those paddles to take a screenshot, record video and rewind. I can't wait to set this up for other games.
Yeah, I haven't messed with shift functions just yet (I'm sure it'll drive me nuts with all the tinkering I'll get around to doing with it lol), but I'm pretty confident that it's going to become more and more a "killer feature" for this thing as time goes on and people figure out how best to use it.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I assumed it would notice if the stick was never actually center, but would always be slightly off or something it'd re-calibrate its center to accommodate the drift. I'm actually not sure how I feel about the deadzone expanding if that's how it worked, because using the "delayed" stick curve when my first elite got drift before I fixed it didn't really help that much.

Yeah, that could be the case too. There are two scenarios that I can think of.

a) controller is still brand new and the controller reliably returns and holds its neutral position — except that firm neutral position may be off to begin with due to the mfg. tolerance or whatever variance there may be from one unit to another. For this, I can see the software may auto-detect and compensate to find its 'new' neutral position to prevent drifting.

b) the analog stick module will inevitably wear in after months and years of use, and may no longer return or hold its neutral position as firmly as it used to compared to when it was brand new. I believe in this scenario the software can slightly expand the deadzone to compensate for the somewhat worn in analog pods.

Well, I suppose time will tell how durable the new analog pods will be. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was just using my old paddles at first but I swapped the new ones back in for some Destiny just to give them a while and see if I'd like the smaller paddles after some time with them.

I dunno, I guess i'm just used to the larger paddles by now, but I can see that they'd probably be better for people new to using paddles since it makes then harder to hit accidentally.

I bought this controller for the wireless charging dock and USB C alone. V1 was really feeling dated with my new computer. And this guys video is pretty good to just watch in the background.