• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Amazes me how a $180 can be sold out everywhere, same thing happened with V1. Surely it's just because Microsoft don't send that many out to begin with.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Not sure if this has always been there, but you can use the paddles as a shift button, for secondary commands. I've now got screenshot + video record available without my thumbs lifting away from the sticks.

How you set that up? When I checked customization for keys and paddles it seemed like that you can only assign normal pad key functions to anything.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How you set that up? When I checked customization for keys and paddles it seemed like that you can only assign normal pad key functions to anything.
Possibly using the older V1 app? There's a new one for the V2 that has the additional functionality. I want to say the xbox prompts you to install though after connecting your controller for the first time.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Well that blows. I wouldn't mind binding RTSS hotkey for screenshots to pad.
That might be something you can accomplish with reWASD. reWASD is paid-for software though. edit: there appears to be a free trial though (smart).

wait for an update to reWASD for Elite Series 2 compatibility though...

Last edited:

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
This thing is still so sold out in japan that I'm not sure any units ever actually made it here

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
This thing is still so sold out in japan that I'm not sure any units ever actually made it here
Wow, that sucks. Sorry you can't find one.

Yeah, it looks like Amazon Japan and PlayAsia (does Play Asia even ship to Japan, lol? I don't actually know) have them but for way higher prices.

edit:
Thanks for the heads up!

Might see if I can grab one on Saturday.
another option...

they are "Available for in-store pickup today" at my closest store. Maybe check and see if they are in stock nearest you?

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Mine should here Monday. Feel better having a 3 year warranty on it. I never had any of the issues I've heard others have had with v1.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I live in the 5th biggest city in the US and the controller has been sold out everywhere up until yesterday. I am curious about how many were sent out in the first shipment.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That might be something you can accomplish with reWASD. reWASD is paid-for software though. edit: there appears to be a free trial though (smart).

wait for an update to reWASD for Elite Series 2 compatibility though...

I don't want that bind that much so I would purchase software just for that.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Mine should here Monday. Feel better having a 3 year warranty on it. I never had any of the issues I've heard others have had with v1.
I had the first generation of the the original. No broken shoulder buttons like a bunch had but my grips came off after a year, at first I though I could just glue them back on but when they come off the rubber stretches so I would have had to trim them then glue them back on. I'm using the white one now so hopefully they stay glued this time.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Wen playing apex legends with this bad boy. I made the stick tension set to the 360 setting with felt good but not sure if I should use a lighter tension. Also what would be the best thumb stick settings for shooters? I have the stick movement set to aggressive I believe.
Damn this is a nice piece of hardware.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Question to people who own an Elite V2.

When you hold in the Sticks, and rotate around, do you feel any friction/grinding?

When I move the stick while holding it down, it's really rough and I feel like it's grinding on something. It's super smooth and great when using the stick normally, but holding it down it's super bad. Really bothers me when trying to play games that require inputs like this. My two Elite V1 didn't do this, and don't wanna be a brat and return the controller to my local GameStop, but... ya know, this feels really gross and it's $180 controller so I don't want a defected one.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

When you hold in the Sticks, and rotate around, do you feel any friction/grinding?

When I move the stick while holding it down, it's really rough and I feel like it's grinding on something. It's super smooth and great when using the stick normally, but holding it down it's super bad. Really bothers me when trying to play games that require inputs like this. My two Elite V1 didn't do this, and don't wanna be a brat and return the controller to my local GameStop, but... ya know, this feels really gross and it's $180 controller so I don't want a defected one.
I would say if you think there's a problem, you shouldn't feel like a brat or any other pejorative if you think it's defective and take it back. Like you say it's a controller that costs 180 dollars. If it's not working fine you shouldn't feel bad for returning it.

That said... You mean like clicking in the stick and then rotating around when holding it in? I don't feel any grinding or anything when doing that. Hmmm... I guess I'll have to try it after adjusting the tension because I'm assuming most people tightened their sticks (I set mine to loosest). Give me a minute.

edit: nope. I doesn't feel as smooth as when I'm just using the stick when I'm holding the stick in (because I'm putting pressure on it I'd guess), but I don't feel any "grinding" sensation, even with the sticks at their tightest.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

testing the stick while clicking is the very first thing I did and didn't have anything like this. As JustinH said you should ask for a return/exchange ASAP before having serious problems with it in a few months.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I would say if you think there's a problem, you shouldn't feel like a brat or any other pejorative if you think it's defective and take it back. Like you say it's a controller that costs 180 dollars. If it's not working fine you shouldn't feel bad for returning it.

That said... You mean like clicking in the stick and then rotating around when holding it in? I don't feel any grinding or anything when doing that. Hmmm... I guess I'll have to try it after adjusting the tension because I'm assuming most people tightened their sticks (I set mine to loosest). Give me a minute.

edit: nope. I doesn't feel as smooth as when I'm just using the stick when I'm holding the stick in (because I'm putting pressure on it I'd guess), but I don't feel any "grinding" sensation, even with the sticks at their tightest.
Dang, that's disheartening to hear.

I capture a quick video of it, probably hard to hear, but, yeah, this is really disappointing. It just feels so bad when I'm trying to walk and move around in games.

Reading up on Reddit, I'm not even sure I WANT to try my luck at another Controller... seeing reports of faulty BlueTooth/A buttons/Triggers. Compared to that, at least my controller functions... Disappointing, but I'll probably definitely try again. I love the Elite Controllers a ton, my favorite controllers by far and I definitely want to own one.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I just wanted to report this.

I finally connected my controller to my Android phone via bluetooth and it seems to work fine. I downloaded a game called "Modern Combat 5: esports" or something like that (not joking) and aside from the triggers acting weird when shooting and aiming (think it's just because how xinput works? with them being an axis?) it felt "fine." Fine is in quotes, because the game feels kinda crap, but I really don't think it's the controller's fault lol (note: I was playing this on a Blackberry lol).

Even though the game didn't feel "the best," it still worked and the button mappings stayed correct the entire time, not like when I connected to my surface pro via bluetooth and tried using steam.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

I capture a quick video of it, probably hard to hear, but, yeah, this is really disappointing. It just feels so bad when I'm trying to walk and move around in games.

Reading up on Reddit, I'm not even sure I WANT to try my luck at another Controller... seeing reports of faulty BlueTooth/A buttons/Triggers. Compared to that, at least my controller functions... Disappointing, but I'll probably definitely try again. I love the Elite Controllers a ton, my favorite controllers by far and I definitely want to own one.

Oh, that?
I think that's fine, honestly.

I think what's happening there is the stick head's rubber is actually rubbing on the edge of the ring or the actual face of the controller. I don't think that's the actual analog stick making the noise. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.

edit: maybe that's not what's happening, lol (hey, it's dark in here) but yeah, mine does that too.

whoops! sorry for double post. Meant to edit this in with my last...

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Oh, that?
I think that's fine, honestly.

I think what's happening there is the stick head's rubber is actually rubbing on the edge of the ring or the actual face of the controller. I don't think that's the actual analog stick making the noise. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.

edit: maybe that's not what's happening, lol (hey, it's dark in here) but yeah, mine does that too.

whoops! sorry for double post. Meant to edit this in with my last...
Just tested it with the taller sticks, and still makes that sound.

It's definitely grinding but only on the Upper-Right side. So I'll probably return it out of fear of it eventually wearing out and breaking, but it's definitely not the biggest issue now that I play with it more.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FYI if this wasn't already mentioned, I noticed on the Microsoft Rewards Xbox App that you get 15000 points for buying this through the MS Store right now

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019

I was contemplating getting one of these but yeah, Reddit is giving me the impression this is V1 all over again. Sounds like they're building these no more carefully than a regular controller.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having real problems with the bluetooth connection, just having my knee between the controller and the adapter causes it to not register button presses... It might be the adapter rather than the controller but it definitely used to work fine

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I had the first generation of the the original. No broken shoulder buttons like a bunch had but my grips came off after a year, at first I though I could just glue them back on but when they come off the rubber stretches so I would have had to trim them then glue them back on. I'm using the white one now so hopefully they stay glued this time.
That sucks. They really should just have a better warranty. I didn't want to take the chance that everything would be perfect again and figured for $20 it was a no brainier. Hope your white one holds up better!

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that sucks. Sorry you can't find one.

Yeah, it looks like Amazon Japan and PlayAsia (does Play Asia even ship to Japan, lol? I don't actually know) have them but for way higher prices.

edit:

another option...

they are "Available for in-store pickup today" at my closest store. Maybe check and see if they are in stock nearest you?
No Walmart near me : (

Thanks though!

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, maybe this is an incredibly dumb question... But maybe someone here can help out.

When I put the controller back on the charging station it doesn't charge. The little flap of fabric/cloth that covers the contacts prevents the connection from happening. I thought that maybe I'm supposed to remove the little flap of fabric, but it seems glued down, like it's supposed to be there. If I flip the flap out of the way the controller charges just fine.

I couldn't find a picture of the fabric flap anywhere online.

Do y'all have a fabric flap on your controller charger? Does it charge while the flap is in the way of the contacts? Maybe I'm supposed to just remove the fabric, and I'm a total dumb-dumb.

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, maybe this is an incredibly dumb question... But maybe someone here can help out.

When I put the controller back on the charging station it doesn't charge. The little flap of fabric/cloth that covers the contacts prevents the connection from happening. I thought that maybe I'm supposed to remove the little flap of fabric, but it seems glued down, like it's supposed to be there. If I flip the flap out of the way the controller charges just fine.

I couldn't find a picture of the fabric flap anywhere online.

Do y'all have a fabric flap on your controller charger? Does it charge while the flap is in the way of the contacts? Maybe I'm supposed to just remove the fabric, and I'm a total dumb-dumb.

You need to remove it.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
I severely understimated the demand for these things, everyone locally is out of stock at the moment. I should have one on Tuesday from the online store, can't wait to test it out.

Oct 29, 2017
NL
Having skipped the original I picked up a v2 today. I like it, it feels nice but I dont know if its worth 180... now I go pretty long with controllers. Usually the entire console generation without damaging them. And yeah I spend a lot of time with them but dont use them as intens as others I guess. However Ive noticed theres a rattle when I shake the Elite controller and the A button tends to stay down when pressed. Anybody else experiencing this?

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I remember trying it at e3 and it felt great there. Got my V2 on launch day and have been using it since. Everything feels a little tighter/stiffer from what I remember. Feels really good. So much so that I think I'm going to get rid of my V1 and my 2nd additional controller for other xbox and get a second V2. Will need to wait for them to come in stock again but damn this controller is very nice. Like really really nice. Wish there was an option like that that Sony would make for PlayStation.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My face buttons keep sticking when I press them, especially A. Is anyone else experiencing this? Wondering if I need to take it back.

Edit: Looks like this is a common issue. FFS Microsoft come on.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
My face buttons keep sticking when I press them, especially A. Is anyone else experiencing this? Wondering if I need to take it back.

Someone posted a "fix" involving a straw, but some people in a reddit thread and in that Tim Rogers video posted earlier, they said they had to like "break it in" before it stopped being "stiff and sticky" but worked fine after that.

night42

Oct 7, 2018
My top right paddle doesn't make a "clicking" sound when pressed like the rest of the paddles. Also requires more force to register a press than the rest.

Oh Microsoft.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm going to have to return mine. A button is sticking, and two of the paddles don't seem to work on first press. Have to press multiple times for them to register. I know that new products have problems and sometimes you get lemons but given the quality issues with series 1 I expected this to be better than this.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Yeah It's an issue I have with the original elite and the Gears 4 special edition version as well. Have gotten it yet with the V2 after messing with it for a few hours yesterday.

Overall loving it. Being able to transfer your profiles from the previous version is just perfection. A super seamless experience so far. Haven't messed with the tension sticks, but curious to see how that's faring.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
How does this work with a game that has you touch the touch pad when using a Xbox controller? I am really thinking about getting the adapter as I still have my White Elite and also have my Elite V2. Thinking of using my original Elite on the PS4 but never heard of this before and just curious how it works. To power on the console, you hit/hold the PS button on the DS, do you just hold in the lighted "X" button and it functions the same way?
http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/07484504/
The View button (cheese slices, not hamburger) alone acts as a press on the middle of the touchpad.
Holding the right stick to the left, then pressing View acts as a press on the left side of the touchpad.
Holding the right stick to the right, the pressing View acts as a press on the right side of the touchpad.
Edit: View and Menu (cheese and hamburger) buttons together act as the Share button.

After powering off the PS4, even into rest mode, the adapter shuts off. With the adapter off, there's no way to turn on the system with the Xbox controller.
The Guide button stays lit up though, as if it's trying to charge the controller, lol.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Buying a new one tomorrow to replace mine from the old model. I don't like internal batteries.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to get the shortest trigger pulls to work? I cant get them to do anything when its that short. What's the point of having it that option then? I tried to configure to as small as possible, but won't even detect when i pull the triggers in the config menu when at the shortest. Sigh.

jayvo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to get the shortest trigger pulls to work? I cant get them to do anything when its that short. What's the point of having it that option then? I tried to configure to as small as possible, but won't even detect when i pull the triggers in the config menu when at the shortest. Sigh.
You could try to configure hair triggers in the accessories software. Set either or both triggers to (0-1).