• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I did that. As I said, it wont even detect that im pressing the triggers in the settings.
That's weird, with my experience with the new trigger locks it'll just like 100% when I hit the lock mechanism. What game are you playing, and what does it look like in the Xbox Accessories app when you have the trigger stops engaged and pull the trigger on the "trigger adjustment" area?

This is what it looks like on mine, and my triggers/stops are working properly. This is with the shortest stops on and notice I made no software adjustments here (Those half presses in the beginning are me pressing it as lightly as I could).
enELl9C.gif

edit: Oh sorry, I somehow missed you saying it doesn't even detect you pulling them in the app (even though I quoted specifically that, lol). This is on Xbox One and not PC?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, with my experience with the new trigger locks it'll just like 100% when I hit the lock mechanism. What game are you playing, and what does it look like in the Xbox Accessories app when you have the trigger stops engaged and pull the trigger on the "trigger adjustment" area?

This is what it looks like on mine, and my triggers/stops are working properly. This is with the shortest stops on and notice I made no software adjustments here (Those half presses in the beginning are me pressing it as lightly as I could).
enELl9C.gif

edit: Oh sorry, I somehow missed you saying it doesn't even detect you pulling them in the app (even though I quoted specifically that, lol). This is on Xbox One and not PC?
Xbox. And they dont work on default either.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox. And they dont work on default either.
That sucks. I guess you got a defective one. If it's not even detecting the pulls at all after you adjusted the triggers in the app like you said you tried, I dunno... maybe the sensors in there are fucked or something.

Do you get "full pulls" with default trigger settings when using the "middle step" (I'm just assuming you get any pulls at all from the middle stop and with the trigger stops off because you specifically said it was the shortest stop giving you problems. Is this accurate?)

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Baffled and dismayed that $180 only netted me one tall thumb stick.
Yeah I was used to use both tall on the first Elite, on the V2 I just switch them depending on the type of game, for racing ones I put the tall on the left for more steering precision, and when playing FPS or RPGs I put it on the right stick for better aiming precision.

And with the maximum tension setting it's really great.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was used to use both tall on the first Elite, on the V2 I just switch them depending on the type of game, for racing ones I put the tall on the left for more steering precision, and when playing FPS or RPGs I put it on the right stick for better aiming precision.

Yeah, that's not going to do it for me. I have extenders on controllers for pretty much all of my other consoles.
And I've been using dual talls on my Series 1 Elite for years.
Are they selling thumb sticks separately yet? Or at all?

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, playing with the rigger locks at their shortest setting is going to take a little getting used to for FPS's. Feels so unnatural.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft's research into how people used the V1 showed basically nobody used two talls at the same time; just used one tall for precision aiming.

But I love two talls... They could at least sell us a pack of replacement thumbsticks or something for those of us that DO use two talls.
This is such a disappointment.

Awakened

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to get the shortest trigger pulls to work? I cant get them to do anything when its that short. What's the point of having it that option then? I tried to configure to as small as possible, but won't even detect when i pull the triggers in the config menu when at the shortest. Sigh.
Mine just work when I switch them to that setting, without any software configuration. I've seen one or two posts in the Elite 2 reddit megathread saying that the shortest pull setting doesn't work on their controllers though.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting double inputs 50% of the time using the left stick when I move up or down through menus. Really strange. Going to try to update the firmware. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Firmware update appeared to fix it. Awesome!

Last edited:
OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this controller is really starting to come into its own for me! I'm dominating in Call of Duty like I never have before. I really think it's due to the high tension + tall stick on my right stick. It allows me to really crank up the sensitivity so that I can aim extremely fast but with incredible precision due to the tension & height. And the tighter hair trigger allows me to starting firing instantly. Such a great combo.

It took a solid 5 hours to really start retaining the new configuration in muscle memory, but now that it's clicked I'll never, ever go back to standard controller.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man, playing with the rigger locks at their shortest setting is going to take a little getting used to for FPS's. Feels so unnatural.
I wonder if they put like some bit of rubber on the locking mechanism so it just slightly bounces ( maybe make it feel more like an actual button) might've made it feel better. Yeah, every time I hit that "clack" I'm like "hmmm..."

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I originally was not going to get the controller, but I ended up with some extra spending money last week and decided to bite. I had to check a couple different stores, but I was able to find one at a walmart late last night.

This thing is built really solid, and I am surprised how heavy the box was. The carrying case and overall setup is very top notch, and nothing about this controller feels cheap.

I will update some of my impressions after I play MW today. I've never played with paddle buttons before so its going to take some getting used to.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Just about to charge mine up for it's first use. Coming from the original elite, I'm expecting great things lol.

Edit: ooh magnetic charging dock!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess my triggers are defect since they just won't work at all on the shortest setting. Did I mess up buying it at EB Games (Gamestop)? I want my money back. I haven't shopped at EB in forever and their return policy says they would only give credit? really?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess my triggers are defect since they just won't work at all on the shortest setting. Did I mess up buying it at EB Games (Gamestop)? I want my money back. I haven't shopped at EB in forever and their return policy says they would only give credit? really?
Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Is this Canada? Seems like they can just outright refuse to accept the return?
We reserve the right to refuse any return and to require that certain items be returned directly to the manufacturer.
Is this even allowed lol (I don't know how things work in Canada)?

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So have used this for a few hours

while it's incremental changes I feel this is worth it over v1 if you have the discretionary income.

the paddle sizes themselves let me hold the controller so much more naturally

having a third profile is very very nice 👍

little tweaks like the Xbox button feels so quality

having three settings for the triggers is also nice

the only thing I'm not sure about yet is the grip wrapping around to the front.

Last edited:

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I might grab this.. I can buy it for 90€, which is more acceptable.. I'm really tempted

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
So have used this for a few hours

while it's incremental changes I feel this is worth it over v1 if you have the discretionary income.

the paddle sizes themselves let me hold the controller so much more naturally

having a third profile is very very nice 👍

little tweaks like the Xbox button feels so quality

having three settings for the triggers is also nice

Can you go into more detail About the grip wrapping

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017

It has to be better than the alternative.
I'm on my fifth Series 1 in around 2-3 years due to a variety of issues, which include one broken paddle, two separate instances of left stick drift, and all four instances of the glue on the Series 1's half-padding becoming undone. I received my fifth and current Series 1 just a few weeks ago).

Thankfully, MS refreshed my warranty after every replacement, so I was able to do in-warranty exchanges after every problem.
I'm hoping that the Series 2's 100% padding all the way around the grips will lead to a scenario where nothing gets unglued and peels off.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting double inputs 50% of the time using the left stick when I move up or down through menus. Really strange. Going to try to update the firmware. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Firmware update appeared to fix it. Awesome!

Started getting double inputs again. Tried having it wired without any wireless connection and it still happens. Sometimes up or down, sometimes left or right. Really disappointed. This shouldn't be an issue for a controller this expensive.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Rewasd is on Sale for 11,11 ($ or €, you should change to $ if you are in the EU, it's cheaper).

Beware it does not work with the series 2 right now. Last Status Update:

Unfortunately, the new controller version brought a few more surprises and that is why it took a bit longer than it was expected.

But no worries, we will do our best to add Elite Series 2 support asap.

I'm not sure if I want to trust them, but 11,11$ is a good price... I guess I will take the risk.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Rewasd is on Sale for 11,11 ($ or €, you should change to $ if you are in the EU, it's cheaper).

Beware it does not work with the series 2 right now. Last Status Update:

I'm not sure if I want to trust them, but 11,11$ is a good price... I guess I will take the risk.

I've been using it for three months now. Probably the best app I bought on PC. Worth it.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I had my dodgy controller replaced and the new one I got is perfect. Unless something changes I'm super happy. The materials, the buttons, the grip... All feels sooooooooooooooo good.

Microsoft's research into how people used the V1 showed basically nobody used two talls at the same time; just used one tall for precision aiming.

Do you have a source for this? Would be interested to read more about their iteration process if that's out there.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like the quality of these are really bad which is surprising considering the price. I guess I'll have to replace mine.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Thankfully, MS refreshed my warranty after every replacement, so I was able to do in-warranty exchanges after every problem.
I'm hoping that the Series 2's 100% padding all the way around the grips will lead to a scenario where nothing gets unglued and peels off.

I'm not sure why that would make a difference. Those are still two seperate segments of grip with a seam in between the two halves. which isn't to say that they did not take other measures to prevent the pealing, but if it did it's not because of the "wraparound" nature of it

It seems like a weird oversight that the V1 sticks are not compatible, given that both the paddles and d-pads are interchangable. Unless there's something non-obvious about the adjustable tension sticks that necessitated that...

Oct 27, 2017
OK WTF. I exchanged my controller for a new one and the same issue! It just won't detect the triggers when set to the shortest setting! Did that EB store just get a bad batch or what???

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
OK WTF. I exchanged my controller for a new one and the same issue! It just won't detect the triggers when set to the shortest setting! Did that EB store just get a bad batch or what???
Checking your other posts... You're on Xbox. You've tried setting them to 0-1 sensitivity in the Accessories app, as well leaving them at 0-100.
What does a full pull look like in the accessories app when using the middle hair-trigger setting? Does it go all the way to 100?
Have you updated the controller's firmware?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish I could spend money on one of these for PC gaming, but I really can't afford it. Would go well with my PC gamepass sub.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I logged a couple hours of MW with the controller, and I am indeed in love. Having the paddles on the back take care of actions like running and jumping make playing feel much more fluid. I tightened my right thumbstick to add more tension, and it just feels better that way to me. The overall build and quality of the controller are great, and I literally have nothing bad to say about it.

The Xbox Support page says that there is nothing special you need to do in order to care for the battery inside the controller. It doesn't matter if you charge it and leave it plugged in, or whether you deplete it before recharging. Whatever way you want to go about it, the health of the battery is not in danger.

If you have the free cash, I totally recommend getting this controller. You will definitely not be dissapointed. Don't financially strain yourself for it though.

I wonder if it's a software issue on the console or controller itself. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the controller firmware? I find it strange it happened to you twice.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had a chance to use mine yet; how accurate are comments about it being harder to accidentally activate the paddles?

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Welp I have 3 now. Forgot I ordered one from Amazon and lo and behold it showed up today. Well looks like tomorrow i'm going to return the one I got from Costco.

Oct 27, 2017
I logged a couple hours of MW with the controller, and I am indeed in love. Having the paddles on the back take care of actions like running and jumping make playing feel much more fluid. I tightened my right thumbstick to add more tension, and it just feels better that way to me. The overall build and quality of the controller are great, and I literally have nothing bad to say about it.

The Xbox Support page says that there is nothing special you need to do in order to care for the battery inside the controller. It doesn't matter if you charge it and leave it plugged in, or whether you deplete it before recharging. Whatever way you want to go about it, the health of the battery is not in danger.

If you have the free cash, I totally recommend getting this controller. You will definitely not be dissapointed. Don't financially strain yourself for it though.

I wonder if it's a software issue on the console or controller itself. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the controller firmware? I find it strange it happened to you twice.
I took the controller to my friends house and it had the same problem there. So its not my console for sure.

mr teaspoon

Banned
Feb 22, 2018
I really don't like that there aren't two of every stick. Anyone want to trade their bullseye-textured stick for a tall one?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking, with the three use profiles on top of always having a default button mapping setting available, it'd be really nice if when you switched profiles you could have it flash the profile's name on the screen. Like make it a setting you can turn on or off, like the achievement tracker but only momentarily.

That doesn't sound unreasonable, does it? I just find that now when I start up my console I'll have to load the Xbox Accessories app just to see what I have set from the last time I played with it.

It's not a big deal, but I think it would be really convenient. With the old elite, I'd only have to remember one profile since I only had one profile set at a time and a Default profile always occupied "Profile 1."

Oct 27, 2017
Um. Third controller. Same problem. Someone please help me. The only common thing is they are all from EB, but this last one is from a different store. :(