• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
So my friend gifted me PUBG, which is absolutely awesome of him. But i cannot redeem the code because the code was purchased in a different region. Although that is the error i get. We both have a USA account however. We don't live in the USA though but have or Xbox set to USA because the store and all the features are just better and better supported than our country.

I also share games with someone that no....is not in the same household, i know plenty people do this. What i need to know is how i can fix this? I probably can't and we need to fix this via Xbox support and there is my next question. They will ask my address and probably can also right away see that i am sharing. Can this get me into trouble? I normally have no issues at all, can always redeem USA gift cards, no problems, nothing.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Have someone in the US redeem it for you? Were you doing this on the system or via the site.

Not sure if it's make a difference or if you're even allowed to use a VPN to activate

OP
OP
MosquitoSmasher
Oct 26, 2017
Have someone in the US redeem it for you? Were you doing this on the system or via the site.

Not sure if it's make a difference or if you're even allowed to use a VPN to activate

I tried on console and on the site. I do however AM using a different DNS number for CrunchyRoll on xbox. could that be it? Although should still work via the site,

Nope. Didn't change a thing.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Can you redeem via website or xbox app? Install a free vpn on your phone them redeem it via app or website. Use tunnelbear.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Contact support, it sounds like a bug. It took me 6 months to redeem a Groove Music Pass code actually haha.

OP
OP
MosquitoSmasher
Oct 26, 2017
Can you redeem via website or xbox app? Install a free vpn on your phone them redeem it via app or website. Use tunnelbear.

I am gonna try Tunnel Bear, it says United States, so that should be fine now. I'll go ahead and install the Xbox app now.

Contact support, it sounds like a bug. It took me 6 months to redeem a Groove Music Pass code actually haha.

Contact Xbox support, they should be able to help you redeem it.

Usually i have no problem with contacting them, but won't they give me problems when they see i am using a USA address where i don't actualy live, let alone game sharing?

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I wouldn't talk to support about this, what you're doing is against the TOS afaik. Regardless you can use a VPN to redeem gifts from another region. Use a simple free VPN in your browser and switch to the US website of Xbox and redeem. Heard that works, let me know how it goes.

OP
OP
MosquitoSmasher
Oct 26, 2017

You are a hero!

It worked via tunnel bear and then redeeming code via the Xbox app. :)

At first i was surprised tunnel bear was free but then i saw 500MB was remaining. I thought i had found the replacement for Getflix, but free. But nope, haha. Getflix is actually cheaper.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
You are a hero!

It worked via tunnel bear and then redeeming code via the Xbox app. :)

At first i was surprised tunnel bear was free but then i saw 500MB was remaining. I thought i had found the replacement for Getflix, but free. But nope, haha. Getflix is actually cheaper.
Happy it worked for you. Tunnel bear is good only for little transations like these because of the 500 mb cap.