pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
XGP_PC-Announce_Comp_HERO-hero.jpg

news.xbox.com

Our Approach to PC Gaming - Xbox Wire

We believe the player should be at the center of their gaming experience and be able to harness the unique benefits of the devices they choose to play on. Nowhere is that belief more important than on the PC. As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we’re investing...
Xbox Game Pass for PC will give players unlimited access to a curated library of over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10, from well-known PC game developers and publishers such as Bethesda, Deep Silver, Devolver Digital, Paradox Interactive, SEGA, and more. And just as we committed on the console, it is our intent to include new games from Xbox Game Studios in Xbox Game Pass for PC the same day as their global release, including titles from newly acquired studios like Obsidian and inXile. We're working with over 75 developers and publishers to bring PC content to the service and we'll ensure the library remains curated and full of great PC titles across a variety of genres, with new games added every month.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
In March, we announced that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will come to PC later this year, launching on Steam in addition to the Microsoft Store on Windows. We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions. We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we've heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice. We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/#C5Mp560gUh6AjeAe.99

Seems that confirms Gears 5 on Steam.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Also from the article https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-30-microsoft-announces-xbox-game-pass-on-pc:

A Steam launch for Halo: The Master Chief Collection was confirmed back in March. 20 more will follow, Microsoft says, including Gears 5 and Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3: Definitive Editions.

€:
That's incorrect and not from this article. They refer to the existing 20 MGS titles already on Steam (eg Ori, Recore) not that they are adding 20 more.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
If Microsoft is seriously bringing more than just MCC to Steam, that's actually kind of huge.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone totally out of the loop on PC matters I thought this was already on PC, lol.

Good news though.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Be stoked if it's not a seperate sub but the value at around 10 dollars means I'll still get it easily!

Oct 25, 2017
Megaton news. PC has been my primary place to game for the past year now and now Microsoft seems to all in on making their games standout on the platform.

This really makes me want to get an Xbox next generation to accompany my gaming PC

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Guess I'll be playing The Outer Worlds through Game Pass

fuck yeah

Hoping PC gets 360 and oXbox backwards compatibility at some point too

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions.

Great that they'll be on Steam, but I'm very curious to see the progress on these and what the changes will be like. Age I's Definitive Edition was certainly underwhelming.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The way this is worded makes it sound like a completely separate service than the existing GP for Xbox.
I'd expect you'd need to buy a second sub if you want both.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'd be very interested, but I want to see the list first. I had game pass for a couple months and saw the PC offerings and there was only a handful of PC games and even then only a few games I'd want to play.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Gamepass to PC and more games to steam. I can't see the next xbox console selling as well as the XB1. They're giving less and less reasons to buy it. They made the right choice as they can't compete with the ps4 and Switch. Might as well maximise your revenue from other avenues.