• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be subbing for sure already use xbox game pass to play games on the crappy ms store. Really hope it gets a overhaul.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Only for Ultimate?

full

100% there will be a PC only Gamepass version too. Wouldn't make sense to force people to get Ultimate.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I might just have to learn how to build a gaming PC and get rid of my X. It might make more sense for me.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice!!! When is this happening? I still have a couple of months left on my subscription I got for $1

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I'm here for this. Just need to know the price and library. And if I can play Gears through Steam using gamepads? Oh shit

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
So if I already have GP and XBL, that's essentially GP Ultimate, but will they upgrade me automatically? If not, that kinda sucks, and I'd likely choose between one and the other going forward. I hope they aren't betting on me getting both.

Also, I assume even though games are coming to steam, Game Pass PC users will still be stuck on the MS store for downloads and game launching, as it is today. That's kind of a deal breaker for me. At that point I might even consider the Humble Monthly to be more attractive to me, since those games mostly use Steam, and I get to keep them forever.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Shozuki

Mar 5, 2018
This is awesome news imo. I think MS software output will be much more substantial going forward and if I'm able to play it on my preferred platform, colour me happy.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This will all be one of the same sub, Microsoft don't want to start fragmenting Game Pass

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly once MCC is on steam multiply this gif by like 3000. Because currently its the most wishlisted game on steam. I'm fully expecting it to be the most played game on steam by a long shot sorta how PUBG was.
ehhh maybe for a week or so. no way is it managing a million plus concurrent players for very long.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Does that mean MS will port/emulate the games that doesnt have a PC release ? or they will exclude them and make a different Game Pass for PC ?

The same as it is now except with more titles that might be PC exclusive or not part XB Gamepass.
The current Gamepass lets you play any PlayAnywhere title on PC or XB1.
With the addition of PCGamePass on PC you now have PC titles that werent part of PlayAnywhere....hell you probably have some titles that werent part of XB Gamepass at all added to your Gamepass library.

The Gamepass App will just list XB1 and PC titles combined whatever platform you want you start the download from your phone.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
So since they mention steam, does that mean PC GamePass titles can be downloaded from the Windows Store or Steam?
I think it'll need to come from the Windows Store. Valve doesn't have the infrastructure to monetize that kind of system to the best of my knowledge. It could authenticate via an Xbox Live account, but then the games would have to be on Steam for free and I don't see Valve signing up to host Microsoft's GamePass system for free or Microsoft wanting to do the legwork on creating some kind of authentication system for games accessed outside of their ecosystem when they'd prefer people use their own store.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
PC gamepass woo.

MS announcing they are basically putting everything in Steam too including mentioning Gears 5, wow. Very nice.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be so huge. A game like Halo: Infinite launching day 1 on Game Pass, available to two generations of Xbox players either as a buy or through Game Pass, available to PC players on Game Pass, the Windows Store and Steam, along with all mobile/tablet players through xCloud. All with one handy subscription that potentially gives you the chance to play them on all these platforms with one small monthly fee.

Microsoft gonna roll in that cash.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Holy shit. I didn't realize that this was a seperate Gamepass service that was specifically for PC publishers and games. I thought it was just GP from Xbox on PC.

I need Gamepass Ultimate to be all three services then and build a gaming PC on top of my Scarlett.

Honestly though between Ultimate, EA Access and the Ubisoft Pass (if it's real) I might have game option paralysis.

KAG

Sep 12, 2018
With this announcement being made outside of their main conference; I would say they have another big announcement for Game Pass. I would say there's a strong possibility we get an announcement for Game Pass coming to Switch in some capacity.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean if ElDewrito can hit 20K even for a week. I can see MCC doing at least concurrent 800K to about 1.5m.
i think it'll be at the top of the list for a short while but fall off like most big new releases. it also depends on the quality of the port, they're talking a big game with this one but i don't know if they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
With this announcement being made outside of their main conference; I would say they have another big announcement for Game Pass. I would say there's a strong possibility we get an announcement for Game Pass coming to Switch in some capacity.
xCloud being apart of Xbox Game Pass ;)

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
How I read all of this:
Xbox game Pass PC will be for the Microsoft Store, both UWP and Win32. Both Play Anywhere and non-Play Anywhere.
Xbox Game Pass (regular) will be for Xbox and Play Anywhere
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will include Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass and Xbox game Pass PC.

So if you want to use Game Pass, you'll still need to use the Microsoft Store. If you want to play on Steam, you'll have to buy the games. (Don't think it'll have crossbuy, but will have crossplay.)

Pricing:
Xbox Live Gold: $5
Xbox Game Pass: $10
Xbox Game Pass PC: $10
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Gold, Game Pass, Game Pass PC): $15
Xbox xCloud: Unknown

Not sure if the Steam versions will have Xbox achievements. Probably they could, if they are the same versions in the Xbox app.