• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Gamepass is already on PC? I use it?

Gamepass on PC is a side effect not it's goal. The only reason you get to use it is because of the few Play Anywhere titles. This is a separate thing that will be fully catered to PC so we'll get 100+ games including stuff only on PC vs just a few games that happen to have UWP versions on the Windows Store AND are play anywhere on GamePass.

Even then it's still pretty bad, i can't get We Happy Few to play or download anymore after it initially used to work.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
To everyone asking/surprised about this being a separate sub.

Have you paid attention at all to game pass over the last two years? It's pricing hasn't changed and always was an extra sub.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Bundle this with the normal GP for Xbox One (if it is a separate sub to begin with) for 15 and I'll upgrade. Would probably get rid of my Humble Monthly subscription too bc I feel like I'll personally get more value out of GP.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I have finished Gears 4 campaign last night and was looking the games list available on pc.... It's very short.... Gamepass cost me only 1 real, and will last till august.... Very anxious to see other games added.

Oct 27, 2017

Have you paid attention at all to game pass over the last two years? It's pricing hasn't changed and always was an extra sub.

I think people are surprised it's a separate sub to the Xbox Game Pass, especially when they're both called 'Xbox Game Pass', and up until now the Xbox Game Pass has been a single sub for both platforms (even if the PC selection had been limited to cross-play games).

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Need to finish planning out my PC build asap....but won't be able to build asap cause money.

Everything about this sounds great, especially with not having a XB1 during this gen.

haej

Apr 1, 2019
Any chance of introducing 360-era games with this? Their 360 emu is pretty nice piece of code and playing RDR or Fable 2 on PC would be awesome.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Now that MS Store supports win32 as is, I imagine Ms must be looking at the steam catalog as possible additions to gamepass.

It should be super simple to port, easy money for the developer, and for Ms it's a win as well, because they are finally going to get the content. And with gamepass being worth it, likely going to get some new clients that wouldn't touch the win store before as well

Oct 25, 2017

I'm a little surprised because this slightly goes against MS's clear intention of unifying their services/software across more platforms, but I also understand that they probably have to pay separate licensing or do separate business deals of some kind to get PC game pass to a place comparable to Xbox game pass. I hope they have insane introductory rates (eg 1 dollar for 3 months) for PC as they have had for console.

I guess the "ultimate pass" is still in the spirit of unification, though not relevant to me personally.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass to PC and more games to steam. I can't see the next xbox console selling as well as the XB1. They're giving less and less reasons to buy it. They made the right choice as they can't compete with the ps4 and Switch. Might as well maximise your revenue from other avenues.
i think they mentioned that they care less about selling units and more about people being in there ecosystem and using there services.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
i think they mentioned that they care less about selling units and more about people being in there ecosystem and using there services.
Do you believe all PR? They're hardly going to say we really care about selling xbox units but currently we get outsold 4/5:1 by the switch and PS4 on a weekly basis.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nice. I was thinking of building a new PC in the next few months. If MS can get 360/OG Xbox games on this, I might sell my X and stick to Game Pass from now on. Would reduce clutter under my TV.

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
I'm glad they are doing this for PC but not sure I like the idea of it being a separate subscription as having 2 subscriptions seems expensive.

If it is 2 seperate subs I hope they do something like 2 subs (Xbox and PC) at a discounted price.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass to PC and more games to steam. I can't see the next xbox console selling as well as the XB1. They're giving less and less reasons to buy it. They made the right choice as they can't compete with the ps4 and Switch. Might as well maximise your revenue from other avenues.
We are entering a new age where console sales are no longer as important as they used to be. It's all about having your product reach as many people as possible through as many means as possible.

Framing this as Microsoft 'admitting defeat' is so childish. Console war bs is so embarrassing.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest part of the news for me in addition to MCC
we are excited to share that we will be enabling full support for native Win32 games to the Microsoft Store on Windows. This will unlock more options for developers and gamers alike, allowing for the customization and control they've come to expect from the open Windows gaming ecosystem

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm glad they are doing this for PC but not sure I like the idea of it being a separate subscription as having 2 subscriptions seems expensive.

If it is 2 seperate subs I hope they do something like 2 subs (Xbox and PC) at a discounted price.

This will be included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass & Xbox Game Pass PC) for $15 per month.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
We are entering a new age where console sales are no longer as important as they used to be. It's all about having your product reach as many people as possible through as many means as possible.

Framing this as Microsoft 'admitting defeat' is so childish. Console war bs is so embarrassing.
You're right, but you also need to understand who you're quoting.

Gaming is going in a direction similar to cinema and music. Next generation we will start seeing a broader approach from Sony as well. Im not so sure on Nintendo, but it is rumored for them to be partnering up with Microsoft Azure.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
User Banned (2 Days): System warring over a series of posts

We are in a time when the PS4 has sold 100m and will sell many more. The PS5 and Switch could both sell 100m. The profits these consoles bring in is insane. MS were forced to change their strategy due to lackluster xbox performance.

Sony will be happy with the shift because when it comes down to the consumer asking which platforms to buy the PS4 + PC combination looks more attractive then Xbox + PC.

I'm predicting next gen the PS5 will outsell the Next box at a faster rate.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
I don't do subscriptions, will MS lock their games behind a sub or are they going to sell their games separately on Steam & co?

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are in a time when the PS4 has sold 100m and will sell many more. The PS5 and Switch could both sell 100m. The profits these consoles bring in is insane. MS were forced to change their strategy due to lackluster xbox performance.

Sony will be happy with the shift because when it comes down to the consumer asking which platforms to buy the PS4 + PC combination looks more attractive then Xbox + PC.

I'm predicting next gen the PS5 will outsell the Next box at a faster rate.
Way to completely ignore every point I made.

Like I said, console sales will not be the be all end all next gen like it is this generation. Streaming is about to make a massive boom, where it will no longer be "who sold more hardware" but "who has more people interacting with their platform".

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

yet the PS4 and Switch keep selling very well and very Fast!!

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yet the PS4 and Switch keep selling very well and very Fast!!
First of all, I am talking about next gen where we will have Microsofts streaming console, Stadia, Sony will likely expand on their streaming offerings.

Second of all, I never said the numbers would slow down, only that the numbers would not hold as much weight compared to this gen. Especially if you can stream games to your phones & tablets (like Stadia)

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
They're really pushing the whole service thing with the game pass. Wow. MS going beyond simple hardware platforms, just as expected.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Way to completely ignore every point I made.

Like I said, console sales will not be the be all end all next gen like it is this generation. Streaming is about to make a massive boom, where it will no longer be "who sold more hardware" but "who has more people interacting with their platform".
Streaming will be a small % of the market next gen. It will take to the PS6 gen at least. To act like the console sales themselves won't be the most important for the big 3 is ignoring the reality of the market.