• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Accidentally left my account on NZ when I was playing RE4

This likely went up early and will probably be announced tomorrow. Looks like you can only access via the home dashboard at the moment.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Damn $40? I thought the rumored price was $25 based on conversion rates haha. Man

Oct 27, 2017
$40? Wtf. Wasn't it like $21-$25 in other markets? Damn. I had been talking about this to friends and family, not gonna do it now. You get online play too with gold in it right? It's says "ultimate benefits" so I assume so.

Not a bad bad price but much higher than expected. Seems Microsoft is going to go back on a lot of price friendly things about Xbox this year with $70 games, $1 upgrade removed, and now this. Again still good but compared to usd conversion it's higher than expected

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all acting like $40/5 isn't a good deal lol. Still a discount compared to normal sub price.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty big increase from 22€/mo.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Y'all acting like $40/5 isn't a good deal lol. Still a discount compared to normal sub price.
I mean its fine especially for console players. My friends im trying to convince are pc players so its not that big of a savings compared to pc game pass :-(

Pc game pass was $5 in the trial phase so maybe its the same for fandf. Actually Double it for msrp

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
5 users, and it's explicitly allowed to include people outside your home - it sounds like a great way to split the cost of 5 Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions without having to deal with Netflix-style shenanigans.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
40 is more than i thought it would be. Thought it be $30. Wonder what the conversion is. I have like 2 years left on mine.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Great if you and 4 friends have an Xbox that no one else uses. Without having all 5 accounts count as a "primary" so the access can be shared with all accounts in the system it is a bad deal from a sharing standpoint. Even as a real family it seems like a bad deal, should be $30 max.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
It had to be more money than two full-price subs but less than three. I guessed $40 and then could go 25-30 on sale/special. Feeling good about my prediction. (For once).

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking forward to this but not with that price. 3 households are better off gamesharing between 2 and paying for a second regular sub.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I mean its fine especially for console players. My friends im trying to convince are pc players so its not that big of a savings compared to pc game pass :-(
yeah, I have ultimate rn because of the conversion deal, but I only play on PC and at these prices the family plan seems like it may not be worth the hassle if I'll only save 2 bucks a month at most over just getting the PC sub.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

5 people pooling their money together is definitely worth it. If you have a group of 4, then you start weighing the cost vs the hassle of coordinating money and all of that, who's turn it is to pay, etc. Can still be worth it if you have all that easily sorted. Three people, $5 combined savings isn't worth the bother.

I'd probably rather just use the 10.5k MS Rewards renewal for myself instead.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Would need to find enough people to split with and then wrangle the payments every month...Unless you just do annual. Then it'd be pretty easy.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
That price actually makes sense if you can find enough people. I'll stick with my $10 PC GP sub.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the reasons given so far aren't really making this a bad deal. Makes it look pretty fairly priced.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
it really depends on if you have enough people to share the price with. If you have 5 people that individually would've gotten Gamepass.. sure that's an awesome price.

It would be awesome to have a 25$ tier for 3 people or something similar to that.. Much more likely i'd actually find use for it then.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Ehh as a PC-only player for "Xbox" I'm not sure this is really worth it. Yeah, the ultimate perks can be nice, but we don't pay for Gold so that significantly diminishes the value of Ultimate.

Plus I'd have to find four other people who'd be willing to pay, which is hard when none of your friends are on Xbox anymore (and most of the PC ones don't care for Game Pass outside of 2 of them). Guess I'm just going without Game Pass for a while until there's a better deal.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
It's a good deal but I don't have 4 other friends who are gamepass ultimate members. Or 4 friends

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Def more expensive than expected, but it's a good deal if you've got 5 people that regularly use the service

May 14, 2021
Considering I stocked up on 5 years of GPU for 20 dollars per 3 months, this costs more. Good deal for people who can't get that deal anymore though.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, my kids play my gamepass games on their logins all the time. Is this just for sharing to multiple consoles?

Oct 25, 2017
How were people thinking a sub that gives 5 people a $15/ month subscription was going to $25?

At the same time I don't know who this for other than groups of 5 people sharing cheaper gamepass. How many families have 3+ different game pass subs to make this worth it.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I have 3 friends that we could probably make good use of this but my subscription is good through May of 2024 so can't even really consider this til then.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
$40? Wtf. Wasn't it like $21-$25 in other markets? Damn. I had been talking about this to friends and family, not gonna do it now. You get online play too with gold in it right? It's says "ultimate benefits" so I assume so.

Not a bad bad price but much higher than expected. Seems Microsoft is going to go back on a lot of price friendly things about Xbox this year with $70 games, $1 upgrade removed, and now this. Again still good but compared to usd conversion it's higher than expected
Wait the $1 upgrade is removed?!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Wait the $1 upgrade is removed?!
No. The $1 trial is removed. You can still convert. You just pay a normal amount.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
What it feels like being the sole person in my friendship circles to own an Xbox and having no one to share the best deal in gaming with:

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand, my kids play my gamepass games on their logins all the time. Is this just for sharing to multiple consoles?
Assuming they're playing on your "Home" console tied to your account then they can play your games and including your Game Pass sub on their own profiles without issues. For their own consoles, they'd need their own subs. That's where things like this come in.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017

You know the price of ultimate is 15 a month right? And this service is for up to five people.🤓

Status
Not open for further replies.