• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass for me is a great way to catch up on the Xbox exclusives I missed this gen. I'm almost done with PlayStation exclusives, just TLOUII I think. The rest of the generation can be filled with a year of Gamepass.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know what's cool, the fact that Gamepass and Now (at least since the rebrand and price cut) offer a subscription service my ultimate never going to happen is wishing you could get each of of those on both boxes.

What's not cool is blatant system warring.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm definitely enjoying my prepaid Ultimate for ~$5/month until 2022 deal, only time will tell if I'll think it's as awesome when I'm forced to pay full price, $15/month.

But if Sony would add their first party games to PS Now day 1 and have similar deals then PS Now would be better.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy it while it lasts. They will Jack up the price when you are fully dependent on it.

Edit: I am sceptical on the whole model even if Sony copies them I would still be sceptical.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Downloaded Reach on PC 3 times tonight and still can't get it to run properly through the Xbox app. I guess GPX is great for the console side, but if they're going to have the balls to charge for it on the PC, they should create a working product first.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Downloaded Reach on PC 3 times tonight and still can't get it to run properly through the Xbox app. I guess GPX is great for the console side, but if they're going to have the balls to charge for it on the PC, they should create a working product first.

You have to search for it through the start menu to launch it. Stupid I know.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
it prints money! well not really but I think I saved a lot of money thanks to GP expecially for the kids games. My little one tends to have a bulimic behaviour with games: 5 min of this, 10 min of that... it could have cost to me a lot without GP

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Listen to this-- there's two things you need to know

1. Xbox Game Pass is awesome

And number two is

cnWjS.gif

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Contrarian opinion time

im not really interested in a subscription service where i dont own the games...they can be free for all i care, i dont really care about it. its why ive never bothered in PS+ offerings every month.

yeah its a great deal for those who just want to play a lot of games, but im more concerned about being able to keep the games im really invested in for life than sheer quantity of available titles

I agree. Not interested in subscription/digital gaming as my main way to game. I prefer physical.

OP
OP
lasthope106

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
How does someone not know they have a laptop capable of running modern games on ultra settings?

I have been out of pc gaming for 4-5 years. Back in the day buying a mid-range laptop meant it couldn't run much at high.

I don't have the time to research stuff in detail, compare benchmarks, etc.

The laptop was on sale and when I got it I ran Black Mesa and it seemed to not be able to keep 60 fps on high so I assumed other more demanding games wouldn't run.

It was thanks to games pass that I had a whole bunch of new games I could test and see how well they ran.

Oct 25, 2017
If Microsoft gets rid of paid online, I'll be getting the next gen Xbox and keep paying for Game Pass for console. Otherwise I'm staying PC only.

Game Pass on PC is a piece of shit so I'm not going to be paying full price for that.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, nah. I still wouldn't buy an Xbox console, but great service nonetheless and hopefully the others will follow.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass threads are becoming like fucking starwars threads in the etcetera side.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If someone wants to make a thread and discuss Gamepass without it coming with a potentially platform warring title, please feel free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.